Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 11:31 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,597,702 times

Advertisements

Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law in action.

West Palm Beach man freed after fatally shooting man in road rage incident
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 07:35 PM

749 posts, read 2,439,586 times
This jerk Murdock didn't fear for his life while he was instigating the incident by tailgating, big tough guy probably had one hand on the wheel and the other on the trigger the whole time the tailgating was going on. I see this all the time the big SUV or truck bearing down on the little economy car. Best thing would have been for Civic to slam on the brakes let Tundra shove the rear bumper up behind the back seat and sue the crap outta Murdock for injuries sustained for Murdock following to close.

Anyhow doesn't seem Murdork is 100% out of the weeds yet, could still be charged later and I hope he does and then he can get the beatdown in prison he deserved in the first place.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:55 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,597,702 times
They both had records, Murdock had multiple traffic citations.

[CORRECTION] Victim in Road Rage Incident Had History of Driving Dangerously - Broward Palm Beach News - The Juice

Murdock is also in the middle of a divorce and his wife claims she was beaten.

WSVN-TV - New details revealed of shooter in road rage

Old 09-17-2010, 10:13 PM

749 posts, read 2,439,586 times
Now here is a case of "Stand your Ground" up in my area that backfired where the guy didn't even kill anyone and he is now facing charges.

Judge won't dismiss case based on 'Stand Your Ground' law

Now how do they let Murdock go and yet prosecute this guy?

Old 09-18-2010, 06:19 AM

5,028 posts, read 7,230,264 times
Crazy state populated with crazy people. Glad I'm getting out.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:19 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,327,662 times
Terrible. And terrible he might get away with it.

In order to own a gun you should have to pass much more scrutiny then you do now. Multiple mental health evaluations, better background checks, a waiting period, mandatory classes, etc. I especially stress the mental health evaluations because it seems most people that think they just have to carry a gun because they're going to be in mortal danger are usually crazy.

I've been through a lot and not once have I ever needed a gun. I question the motives of those that think they always need one.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:48 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,645,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Terrible. And terrible he might get away with it.

In order to own a gun you should have to pass much more scrutiny then you do now. Multiple mental health evaluations, better background checks, a waiting period, mandatory classes, etc. I especially stress the mental health evaluations because it seems most people that think they just have to carry a gun because they're going to be in mortal danger are usually crazy.

I've been through a lot and not once have I ever needed a gun. I question the motives of those that think they always need one.
Very well said. Have lived in four states and never felt the need to carry a gun in a car. Down here many feel the need to be armed at all times.

Why is that? Granted I have never seen so many lowlifes like there are here, but still don't feel the need to be armed.

I can understand having one in your home, but why do you need a gun to go to Publix?

Old 09-18-2010, 08:50 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,466,347 times
So sad really. I man lost his life for something really stupid.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:59 AM

296 posts, read 228,689 times
The law is correct,the social-fascists are waiting like vultures to find an extreme & unfortunate case so as to curtail our right to self defence.
From the moment the guilty one tried to open the door,he commited forced entry with the possible intent to kill...
That's the way to see things,if we are to become a civilised society & not a jungle,where anyone can be bullying,harrasing & threatening other people...

Old 09-18-2010, 09:18 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,327,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Very well said. Have lived in four states and never felt the need to carry a gun in a car. Down here many feel the need to be armed at all times.

Why is that? Granted I have never seen so many lowlifes like there are here, but still don't feel the need to be armed.

I can understand having one in your home, but why do you need a gun to go to Publix?
I think honestly it's probably a large inferiority complex many have. With the gun they feel powerful. I also think, and I hate to paint all with a broad brush, but it's a southern thing as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenge2ful View Post
That's the way to see things,if we are to become a civilised society & not a jungle,where anyone can be bullying,harrasing & threatening other people...
I'm going to have to ask you to reread that. Hopefully you'll see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida