Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 03:33 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
LIke what Estero??? Dude don't get so defensive. She is a young girl, not a retired senior. She asked us to compare South Florida to other towns, she will get more of the same in Orlando and Tampa, or she will be around seniors in those small Forida towns/

I didn't say Hialeah was the coolest so don't make up lies,this is what I said
Not defensive. Estero is great actually. Been here? I don't have to worry about being shot, or deal with high crime here at least. I said it is boring as hell over here. I am 40, not a senior DUDE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 03:38 PM

5 posts, read 4,097 times
Jacksonville is a nice place to live with a lot of night life and things to do. Have you considered moving there to north Florida? If so please let me know if you are looking for a place to rent. I happen to know of some. Have a great day!

Old 10-24-2010, 03:49 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Your posts make me laugh. There is more to FL than Hialeah...... Or Miami. Or SFL for that matter.
I agree Chris. I don't think this poster knows much about any of it, he likes to think he knows it all, but he certainly does not.

Daniella, you should visit these places for yourself. it all depends what you are looking for in a place. Sarasota has THREE expanding, vibrant colleges with a ton of students here. Yes, we have retirees too, but we have people of all ages. St. Pete is another beautiful town, and Tampa has a more urban vibe and USF which has a huge student population.

As I said, it's all about what you are looking for.

P.S. I wouldn't live in "Hialeah" or even Miami if you paid me and gave me a free house.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:16 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I agree Chris. I don't think this poster knows much about any of it, he likes to think he knows it all, but he certainly does not.

Daniella, you should visit these places for yourself. it all depends what you are looking for in a place. Sarasota has THREE expanding, vibrant colleges with a ton of students here. Yes, we have retirees too, but we have people of all ages. St. Pete is another beautiful town, and Tampa has a more urban vibe and USF which has a huge student population.

As I said, it's all about what you are looking for.

P.S. I wouldn't live in "Hialeah" or even Miami if you paid me and gave me a free house.
I went to pick up a car I bought out in Kendall. Although it seemed ok, I will pass on anything south of Vero beach on that coast. Sarasota is GREAT.

Yes Gypsy, there are a LOT of know it alls on here lately.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:01 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
I moved from Ft Lauderdale area to SWFL and it was a good fit for me. You have to find what you want from a place and then look. The west coast is much more laid back then the east coast IMO except for maybe Tampa.

I would suggest that you take weekend trips or even day trips to different parts of FL.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:16 PM

810 posts, read 1,578,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
I went to pick up a car I bought out in Kendall. Although it seemed ok, I will pass on anything south of Vero beach on that coast. Sarasota is GREAT.

Yes Gypsy, there are a LOT of know it alls on here lately
Drop the bullying Keep your opinions about other posters to yourself and discuss the subject matter. Just cause someone doesn't have the same opinion as you, you don't get to a free pass attack them

This has to stop. I have seen you some of you do it to other posters too. "oh this forum is going downhill since these new posters arrived" "we were a happy family before" and all this "inside" talk about New posters who have ruined the forum. We all grownups and there is no need for this.

My opinions are supported by facts and videos, It's not like I posted lies about the senior population in those places, so I don't know what's big deal with you all, you don't like Hialeah, fine, but I'm just saying the towns are full of seniors and I don't know how that is "know it all".

FACTS

Sarasota

"From 2005-2007, Sarasota County had a total population of 368,000. The median age was 49.7 years. Seventeen percent of the population was under 18 years and 30 percent was 65 years and older.
The Age Distribution of People in Sarasota County, Florida in 2005-2007 65 and over 30% 45 to 64 27% 25 to 44 21% 18 to 24 6% Under 18 17% Percent of population" source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarasot...a#Demographics

Charlotte county;

In the county the population was spread out with 15.70% under the age of 18, 4.50% from 18 to 24, 18.80% from 25 to 44, 26.40% from 45 to 64, and 34.70% who are 65 years of age or older (making this the county with the highest percentage of people over 65 in America). The median age is 54 years. source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_County,_Florida

Last edited by Hialeah_Rules; 10-24-2010 at 07:07 PM..

Old 10-24-2010, 08:33 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Quote:
Vibrant? oh dear! the girl is not retiring, have some mercy! The median age is 50 years old, way above the national average, 36 years old!!!
Danielle I know people told you not to listen to me but check this video, is this exciting and new? I don't think so, stay in south florida or move to another state. Thank God for youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0P8k9NzBFU

EDIT:
if you feel like you need to see more seniors just travel down south to the county with the oldest median age IN THE UNITED STATES not Florida, the whole freaking USA!!!!!, Charlotte county. No Danielle, this place is not for you now, disregard it.

Thank God for places like that. Quiet, pretty, and people weren't honking and giving the finger like they do in places like Miami. So what is wrong with the more quiet, peaceful setting?

Old 10-24-2010, 08:35 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Quote:
LIke what Estero??? Dude don't get so defensive. She is a young girl, not a retired senior. She asked us to compare South Florida to other towns, she will get more of the same in Orlando and Tampa, or she will be around seniors in those small Forida towns/

I didn't say Hialeah was the coolest so don't make up lies,this is what I said

Orlando and Tampa are a step up from S FL in most cases, unless she's looking for more nightlife, which, if she's in S FL, she's already got access to plenty of.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:27 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malikey08 View Post
Jacksonville is a nice place to live with a lot of night life and things to do. Have you considered moving there to north Florida?
Agreed. Jacksonville is way overlooked as an "urban" option on this forum, and in general.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:53 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
I have read posts where people have moved from one part to another in FL. I know this question will vary from person to person but what area do you think is the most desirable? Those who have lived in South FL and then relocated to a different part was it a positive thing to do? Thank you.
Absolutely NOT!! I moved from South FL (West Palm Beach Metro) to SW FL (Fort Myers/Lehigh Acres) WORST DECISION EVER!! It's so country and bland out there!! I would never live there again!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida