Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 07:46 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,750,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Jealous of what, and who? I need to go to a communist country because I feel that companies should pay a living wage and provide health insurance. Give me a break, these were the things that made America great.
Don't respond. This is not a real poster who cares about anything. They have been posting non stop for two days over a 130 all hours of the day and night. They are just sitting in a little room trying to make mischief and not to be taken with any seriousness. Just a political stooge who thinks they are doing something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 08:04 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,947,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
Don't respond. This is not a real poster who cares about anything. They have been posting non stop for two days over a 130 all hours of the day and night. They are just sitting in a little room trying to make mischief and not to be taken with any seriousness. Just a political stooge who thinks they are doing something.
Gotcha, that one fooled me (sorta). I'm used to spotting it on the City vs City threads but this seemed like more of a political debate in here.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:07 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
Might be a paid political troll-the technique is called "astroturfing". Here's an interesting article about it;

Are Right-Wing Libertarian Internet Trolls Getting Paid to Dumb Down Online Conversations? | Media | AlterNet

They're easy to spot once you know what to look for.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:47 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Texas, thanks for bringing it up. Yeah Texas has the highest number of people working close to or at minimum wage, and a budget deficit of $27 billion. Now the companies who relocated to Texas may have created "jobs" for the middle class, but the tax cuts that attracted them to Texas were on the backs of the people and those who profited most were at the top. I'm not against profit or wealth, but not when the little guys in your company don't even have health care. Maybe that explains why Texas has the highest number of uninsured citizens. Perhaps you're right that Rick Scott will do a good job, but please don't use Texas as an example, I think I threw up a little in my mouth when you mentioned it.
So you'd rather go to the liberal mecca of California and find a job there? or perhaps MI? Unions have done wonders for that state.

TX has the highest number of F500 companies in the country. It has weather this recession better than many other more liberal economy states (like CA and MI)

Old 04-01-2011, 01:29 PM

515 posts, read 368,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
So you'd rather go to the liberal mecca of California and find a job there? or perhaps MI? Unions have done wonders for that state.

TX has the highest number of F500 companies in the country. It has weather this recession better than many other more liberal economy states (like CA and MI)

Old 04-01-2011, 09:42 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,947,113 times
Quote:

All the more reason it should have no problem funding education, shouldn't have to tap it's rainy day fun, and certainly not be cutting education and healthcare. Seems to me like Texas hid it's economic woes in a 2 year budget cycle and now the truth is out.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:06 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
All the more reason it should have no problem funding education, shouldn't have to tap it's rainy day fun, and certainly not be cutting education and healthcare. Seems to me like Texas hid it's economic woes in a 2 year budget cycle and now the truth is out.
in this day and age, every state is cutting, even liberal ones like CA and NY. MI has already drafted a bill to cut UE benefits to 20 weeks for the newly unemployed. This is a state which is heavily unionized with the Big 3 auto companies.

NY actually managed to pass a budget that CUTS spending and doesn't add new taxes this year. That's like spotting a unicorn on a night with a blue moon.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:23 PM

515 posts, read 368,348 times
Quote:
in this day and age, every state is cutting, even liberal ones like CA and NY. MI has already drafted a bill to cut UE benefits to 20 weeks for the newly unemployed. This is a state which is heavily unionized with the Big 3 auto companies.

NY actually managed to pass a budget that CUTS spending and doesn't add new taxes this year. That's like spotting a unicorn on a night with a blue moon.
Yep
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: