Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 02:46 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2FL View Post
I was thinking about that, Davie, Aventura. Now someone told me Aventura is financially a pretty decent place, then in the next breath told me that I would have to have a strong stomach, seeing how there are dead dogs on the streets everywhere!! Is this true? What should I expect in Aventura and surrounding towns??
Aventura is an upscale vertical suburb that is somewhat safe, and surrounded by slums on 3 sides. Close to Miami, though! I wouldn't do it. Davie is very nice, safe, actually has a little bit of a rural feeling, but you are paying for good school districts there, which is not necessary. Also about as boring as it gets in Broward County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Ok, well I heard Sunrise is high in crime?? Also bad things regarding Coral Springs, I was interested in that area. Can you give me some specifics please??
You will hear bad things about Coral Springs from biased Palm Beach County residents. Its the 10th safest city in the United States, the streets move with ease during rush hour, and it's really clean. Sunrise is not "high in crime", but yeah, the east half isint that great. West Sunrise is fine, mostly suburban, fairly clean, and a little more affordable than some other areas. I made a list of areas by crime rate on the first page. Compare the national average crime rate of Palm Beach County VS Broward. Coral Springs VS Boca Raton.

And heres Sunrise

3824.9 crimes per 100k. Comparable crime rate to Boca Raton, which people up in Boca will rave about, and tell you how dangerous Broward County is. Except heres the difference, Boca Raton is mostly upscale, and Sunrise is mostly working class. Yet their crime rates are similar? They actually have a good police force in Sunrise too, I knew the chief quite well, and the city became progressively safer over the past 5 years.

I still recommend Boca though, because it has much more in the way of your upscale restaurants and nightlife.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:57 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Too expensive. Boca and Coral Springs are more reasonably priced for renting in a nice area. The only area that's really in her price range further south would probably be Sunrise, and thats actually further from a lot of activities than Boca Raton.
The nice places in Boca are pretty expensive. Mizner Park for example, 1/1 is close to $1400/month. Further west Gables San Marco @ Broken Sound is even more, 2/2 $1695 starting price.

All depends on Standards and location.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:59 PM

47 posts, read 157,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
You will hear bad things about Coral Springs from biased Palm Beach County residents. Its the 10th safest city in the United States, the streets move with ease during rush hour, and it's really clean. Sunrise is not "high in crime", but yeah, the east half isint that great. West Sunrise is fine, mostly suburban, fairly clean, and a little more affordable than some other areas. I made a list of areas by crime rate on the first page. Compare the national average crime rate of Palm Beach County VS Broward. Coral Springs VS Boca Raton.

And heres Sunrise

3824.9 crimes per 100k. Comparable crime rate to Boca Raton, which people up in Boca will rave about, and tell you how dangerous Broward County is. Except heres the difference, Boca Raton is mostly upscale, and Sunrise is mostly working class. Yet their crime rates are similar? They actually have a good police force in Sunrise too, I knew the chief quite well, and the city became progressively safer over the past 5 years.

I still recommend Boca though, because it has much more in the way of your upscale restaurants and nightlife.
Thanks soooo much, I'm def going to keep looking into Boca Raton and Coral Springs, Sunrise too! Any other info is welcome from you anytime, you're awesome! Thanks again!

Old 07-31-2007, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
The nice places in Boca are pretty expensive. Mizner Park for example, 1/1 is close to $1400/month. Further west Gables San Marco @ Broken Sound is even more, 2/2 $1695 starting price.

All depends on Standards and location.
Yeah, but you can live in a safe part of West Boca which is still "nice" for around 1300/month for a 2/2. You can't really do that in central/SW Broward, you are more like 1500 down that way for an equivalent area to that. Try 2000 to an area equivalent to Mizner Park.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Thanks soooo much, I'm def going to keep looking into Boca Raton and Coral Springs, Sunrise too! Any other info is welcome from you anytime, you're awesome! Thanks again!
Sunrise isn't nearly as pretty as Coral Springs or Boca, you are going to have to keep that in mind when you go there. It's definitely more "working class" than "noveau riche" like Boca, and its mostly surrounded by either family areas or similarly working class areas, but it DOES Bring you a lot closer to Miami and the nightlife of Fort Lauderdale, and it's still safe/fairly clean. Boca and Springs definitely give a better run for their money, but in your case it might be worth being closer to Ft. Lauderdale/Miami.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,470 times
Smile Sunshine

Definitely Boca Raton, North Miami crime rate has gone up, Delray has a few good areas but most of it I would classify as leaning towards being a ghetto. Coral Springs is okay but is family oriented. Boca can be snobby but it has sophisticated and high end retailers, restaurants and housing.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puteee View Post
Definitely Boca Raton, North Miami crime rate has gone up, Delray has a few good areas but most of it I would classify as leaning towards being a ghetto. Coral Springs is okay but is family oriented. Boca can be snobby but it has sophisticated and high end retailers, restaurants and housing.
Finally, down to earth ACCURACY!!!!! +1!!!!

Old 07-31-2007, 03:50 PM

174 posts, read 666,581 times
My suggestion go to Texas, Houston has weather similiar to South Florida....those who have moved to Florida from up North are leaving at drastic rates for many reasons....also landlords here are HORRIBLE....we have had 4 rental nightmares.....they want to collect rent and fix nothing.....there are no agencies to complain to and honestly it is like being dropped into the 80s or 90s at best, so outdated in technology and laws.....plus cost of living has become horrible...utilities are ridiculous....jobs have become hard to find

Old 07-31-2007, 06:21 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustgetoutofflorida View Post
My suggestion go to Texas, Houston has weather similiar to South Florida....those who have moved to Florida from up North are leaving at drastic rates for many reasons....also landlords here are HORRIBLE....we have had 4 rental nightmares.....they want to collect rent and fix nothing.....there are no agencies to complain to and honestly it is like being dropped into the 80s or 90s at best, so outdated in technology and laws.....plus cost of living has become horrible...utilities are ridiculous....jobs have become hard to find
Houston is more humid then South Florida and the mosquitos are worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida