Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2007, 12:48 PM

61 posts, read 271,326 times

Advertisements

I have spent the past decade finishing my education (I have a Masters) and planning on moving back to FL. We've gotten a place in Gainesville, but at this point, i'm typing up loose ends in NY. Heat doesn't bother me, as much as an insecure job and economy, both of which i've weathered here. I've lived in FL, but never the north, although i've visited several times for interviews. Its a bit disconcerting to see that some individuals in and around Gainesville suggest that it is lagging behind other areas. I like the small town/city feel it has, and I won't lie, I like not being in the direct path of a hurricane . For those who live in that area, what has been your experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 02:17 PM

142 posts, read 578,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalopc View Post
I have spent the past decade finishing my education (I have a Masters) and planning on moving back to FL. We've gotten a place in Gainesville, but at this point, i'm typing up loose ends in NY. Heat doesn't bother me, as much as an insecure job and economy, both of which i've weathered here. I've lived in FL, but never the north, although i've visited several times for interviews. Its a bit disconcerting to see that some individuals in and around Gainesville suggest that it is lagging behind other areas. I like the small town/city feel it has, and I won't lie, I like not being in the direct path of a hurricane . For those who live in that area, what has been your experience?

I don't live in that specific area but I have endured 3 hurricanes in a 13 month period. And it's not the hurricane persay, but the nonsense you endure during the aftermath. As far as money, I make way more in Fla that I ever did in north east Pa..And I think people are nicer in the south. The ones I find to be rude in the south are the northerners who've moved there and taken their stupidity with them. That is not to say allnortherners and southerners are that way..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida