Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 10:45 AM

627 posts, read 2,850,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by House4Sale View Post
A daily newsletter from Florida Trends says there will be no alteration in motorist insurance by laws and tri laws. Guess they looked at this further and thought it best not to mess with the current standards.
Is this the article you are citing?? PIP Law Changes Unlikely To Pass (http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGBVFQLA05F.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 11:08 AM

48 posts, read 253,702 times
I dont even have health insurance. Who came up with such as smart idea???

Old 08-06-2007, 05:43 PM

56 posts, read 162,223 times
tag.

This is going to be a bad, bad mistake on Florida.

Lots of people getting sued, etc

Old 08-06-2007, 07:10 PM

627 posts, read 2,850,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
My insurer informed me that all policies will remain effective and coverage will continue. The only thing changing is the REQUIREMENT to buy it. You can still buy insurance, and the scare tactics are pure nonsense.

That is what my company said too. they even posted a memo on their website: GEICO - Florida Car Insurance Information

Old 08-06-2007, 07:58 PM

270 posts, read 570,904 times
well if there wasnt so much insurance fraud,this wouldnt be happening.theres people who were using pip almost like a health insurance,they fall playing sports,call the insurance up and say they broke their foot stepping on the brakes,they get money.break a thumb,blame it on the steering wheel,break their wrist,blame it on the shift knob.and many other ridiculous claims.companies were losing money,so to them thats just a solution.plus you could always increase your mpc(medical protection coverage),and your uninsured motorist coverage.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:22 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
Exactly. You cannot rely on someone else to carry coverage. Step up and do it yourself, and stop whining about the unconstitutional "No fault" law and PIP requirement. Call your private insurer and make it happen.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:48 PM

713 posts, read 2,670,512 times
It was in Florida Trend online newsletter.

I have my car insured and I don't complain. Now
if only the real risks out on the road would do the same.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:41 AM
fz1

1 posts, read 2,641 times
Default Why make it mandatory?

PIP was still available even though not required, if you wanted to pay for it you could. Now, again, I am forced to take it even though my medical insurance would cover any injuries sustained in an automobile incident.

So, I'm paying about 200 dollars extra each six months for something I will never need nor use. The insurance company wins again.

Again, why make it mandatory? Next thing we'll be hearing is that you must carry Hurricane insurance if you live in Arizona.

I'm sure that mandatory PIP is a money maker for the Insurance companies or else it wouldn't be back.

-fz1

Old 02-13-2008, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,596 times
Default Florida Pip Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
My health coverage is like that. Will not cover auto injury, must submit to my auto insurance carrier.
Doesn't your bodily injury insurance in your car insurance policy cover your injuries? I have 100,000 / 300,000. Why do I have to pay additional premium cost for 10,000 worth of PIP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida