Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 07:40 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
He must have been wrong. He died at 60 years old.
In the 1500's 60 was old!

Old 08-29-2011, 10:00 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,304,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
But that's the thing. New Englanders don't complain about the weather.
Oh please. Yes they do. If not the weather, then something else, usually about how something isn't the way it was "back home." You can add New Yorkers and New Jerseyites to the list, too. I'm not knocking people from there by any means, but wait til snowbird season down here and you'll hear it everywhere.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:23 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
But that's the thing. New Englanders don't complain about the weather. Yesterday we went through a bout of Irene, 12 hours no power, and I didn't hear any whining or complaining. No one says, "Brrr.. it's cold outside," in January; it's just expected. Florida is made up of people who migrate there thinking they were promised a rose garden then they moan when they discover the thorns. Look at your board. It's full of whiners.

I hated the weather in Florida, even the supposedly ideal winter months. I missed the autumn foliage, the snow, and the new life that spring brings. But mostly I hated the people. Everyone wanting their piece of heaven, their piece of fun-in-the-sun, and they want jobs, no state income tax, low utility rates, etc., etc. In other words, they want it all and for cheap.
People complain about the cold in the north just like they complain about the heat in Florida. In fact you even reply to them.

You also complain about whiners but come back to the Florida forums all the time whining about how you hated Florida.

Interesting how you ignore these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1234 View Post
Hi guys,

I have been living in Boston since the past 7-8 yrs. My wife and I have good paying, stable technology jobs in Boston.

But, I'm just sick of this long cold winter which lasts for 6 months a year! It's all gloomy, gray and depressing. Probably, I'm just getting older (I'm 30 yrs old). Add to that Boston is super expensive! 70 year old homes sell for > 550k$ in good school towns + 6 months of high heating bills + super high property taxes!

I'm seriously thinking of moving to a warmer, cheaper city like Atlanta,Ga, Dallas,tx , etc.
Quote:
Move to Cape Cod and commute to Boston. I'm looking out my window and there is no snow. Don't let weather become your primary focus. The Carolinas get ice storms that they're ill equipped to handle. As a recent transplant from Florida, I will tell you that the summers are just awful. If you're physically active or enjoy gardening, you'd have to get it all done by 8 a.m. This is not a typical New England winter snowfall. Just bear with it. Next year will be different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
With the dozens of topics everyday complaining about the cold weather i'm starting to think America is going a bit soft,instead of uprooting everything to move to a warmer climate to escape a few months of colder temps why not just wear proper winter clothing and you wont be cold.

Some may think you've got it made and wish they could post a quote like that..,
As for those 6 months of winter its more like 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Hopefully this will help. I am from Mass originally and like you always grew tired of the winters. I especially tired of it the most, when the winters were the worse such as this winter. My job was one I could live elsewhere in the USA and I took advantage of that perk. I've lived in Oregon for several years, and don't really care for it and will be leaving later this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by umbdude View Post
I want out of Boston too as I hate cold weather and love the heat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveV View Post
I have seen 6 inches of snow in the suburbs on MAY 15th! Decades ago, but still - Boston's third-largest snowstorm EVER was in April -- April Fool's Day Blizzard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, the weather DOES suck here for 6+months - and whoever wrote that Please come to Boston in the springtime song is deranged - the ocean is ICY still from the winter, and any breeze from the East, NE or SE and you FREEZE in the spring. That being said, ya gotta deal with it, and the summers are quite nice - I stay only because of my job, without a decent job it doesn't matter where you live.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:28 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Developer View Post
Also, please name one city that was built on a swamp in florida?
Everglades City, but I love it there. I am hoping to get a second house down there in the future so I can head there during the winter when it gets too cold for me in Central Florida. Either there or Costa Rica.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:45 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,387,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
People complain about the cold in the north just like they complain about the heat in Florida. In fact you even reply to them.

You also complain about whiners but come back to the Florida forums all the time whining about how you hated Florida.

busted

Old 08-30-2011, 05:56 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post

Ahhh Mike, you need to get a life. Or is it that it's just too hot there in FL for you so you stay inside 24/7 researching other people's ancient posts so you can fortify your own?

Old 08-30-2011, 07:56 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
Wasn't New York City built on some swamps?

But anyway, if the transplants are complaining over something minor like the temperature and they leave for a reason like that, then they're most likely a negative person in general no matter where they are. But less negative people here is an awesome thing! for some reason, I have a visual image of Emily Gilmore from Gilmore Girls complaining about the heat here and demanding to leave. Just like when she and Rory went to stay at a hotel in Europe, the second they walked into their room, Rory started to say "ooh, it's nice". But Emily interuptted her by saying, "its hot" and started complaining about everything that point on.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:46 PM

623 posts, read 965,996 times
Quote:
But that's the thing. New Englanders don't complain about the weather. Yesterday we went through a bout of Irene, 12 hours no power, and I didn't hear any whining or complaining. No one says, "Brrr.. it's cold outside," in January; it's just expected. Florida is made up of people who migrate there thinking they were promised a rose garden then they moan when they discover the thorns. Look at your board. It's full of whiners.

I hated the weather in Florida, even the supposedly ideal winter months. I missed the autumn foliage, the snow, and the new life that spring brings. But mostly I hated the people. Everyone wanting their piece of heaven, their piece of fun-in-the-sun, and they want jobs, no state income tax, low utility rates, etc., etc. In other words, they want it all and for cheap.
remember this?----ipoetry
befriend
1,585 posts, read 288,562 times

I lived in a Boston suburb all my life and never thought about it much in comparison to the rest of the country until 10 years ago when we relocated to a Chicago suburb. I felt immediately FREE!!! Something just lifted from my heart. People play more in the rest of the country. They're happier. I went from Massachusetts in the late 90s where local town officials were moaning about students having to share text books to Chicago where they were actually building parks. There's just too much whining in MA.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:41 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,387,154 times
Quote:
Ahhh Mike, you need to get a life. Or is it that it's just too hot there in FL for you so you stay inside 24/7 researching other people's ancient posts so you can fortify your own?
it's fairly obvious at this point that you fabricate and embellish your posts to try and prove a point.

enjoy that crow.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:11 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
City data has become a serious toilet...... People have the burning need to spend hours looking for a post someone made 4 years ago to prove something. Some people need hobbies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida