Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 08:43 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphantmale View Post
California because its way better than Florida.
Florida. I actually feel the exact opposite of this poster. I think SF and the bay area is nice, but living under the thumb of a big-brother government that is on the verge of broke, along with the stifling tax system and the horrendous cost of living keeps me in FL

Part of the reason I enjoy FL is that its a moderate state. A lot more diversity in the bigger cities than what you will find in the rest of the south (minus Atlanta and cities in TX), but still a leaner government than what you'll find in NY, NJ or CA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 06:36 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,176,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is for Florida residents and natives. If you had the money, where would you move to? It could be anywhere in Florida or out-of-state. If you could just pick up and move anywhere, where would your ideal location be?
36 years ago I chose to move to the Space Coast and I really would not choose to live anywhere else. If I had the money I would live in a house on the beach, though.

If I had the money to move then I would also have the money for 2 homes. I would have a cabin in East Tennessee near Gatlinsburg that I could live in during the fall when the leaves are beautiful and spend Christmas there with my family. Wouldn't want to live up there year round but would be fun to visit and not stay in hotels or with relatives.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:17 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Florida. I actually feel the exact opposite of this poster. I think SF and the bay area is nice, but living under the thumb of a big-brother government that is on the verge of broke, along with the stifling tax system and the horrendous cost of living keeps me in FL

Part of the reason I enjoy FL is that its a moderate state. A lot more diversity in the bigger cities than what you will find in the rest of the south (minus Atlanta and cities in TX), but still a leaner government than what you'll find in NY, NJ or CA.
I agree with you chopchop. That is one of the reasons I actually prefer where I am over California, I really like that it is a moderate state, a good fit for me because I am a moderate person. I guess Sarasota really suits me because it is about 50/50 liberal/conservative; people pretty much live-and-let-live here, and nothing is "in your face" like some other places I have visited. And of course, it's just so darn beautiful!

But perhaps like rabflmom said, if I had more money I might choose to live in a waterfront home here. But until then, I am content!

Old 11-26-2011, 08:09 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,322,865 times
I'd move to new york, drive ****ty, and ***** about how they are doing everything wrong up there...

Old 11-26-2011, 08:11 AM

75 posts, read 175,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post

He said if you have money...SO if i have money I would care less about the cost of living or big brother being broke. Im talking about money above the 10 mill mark.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:13 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,228,646 times
Seattle, Washington

Hamburg, Germany

Old 11-26-2011, 09:20 AM

100 posts, read 267,312 times
sarasota

Old 11-26-2011, 09:25 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphantmale View Post
He said if you have money...SO if i have money I would care less about the cost of living or big brother being broke. Im talking about money above the 10 mill mark.
All the money in the world won't change what kind of government your state has. If CA tells you where to c**p, what kind of gas to put in your car, and whether you can have a plastic bag at a grocery store, or a happy meal for your kid, no amount of money can change that.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:14 AM

495 posts, read 2,329,471 times
I wouldnt move as I love my place here.

But a vacation home out West would be nice.

Favorite areas are SE Utah near Moab and Monticello and near Driggs Idaho NW of Jackson Wyoming.

California is spectacular and has the best climate in the west but its La La Land mentality and runaway illegal immigration and crime give me second thoughts.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:48 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Would not move at all. Why leave Utopia? It is perfect in every way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida