Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 07:03 PM

75 posts, read 474,756 times

Advertisements

I agree... Get out and enjoy the weather..

It's going to be in the mid 40's with lows in the mid 30's the next couple days up here in NJ...

It must be nice to step outside into 70's & low 80's....

Old 11-05-2007, 08:39 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMom72 View Post
In all that time I went to the beach maybe 3 times. We had our own pool. We closed it because none of us ever went in it. I don't play golf or go fishing. A palm tree is a palm tree is a palm tree. I actually LIKE 40s and 50s. It was 57 this morning and I loved actually wearing a jacket. Hated that it warmed up to 80 in the afternoon.

Sorry, there is nothing about warm weather or its activities I like. I am a Fall and Winter person. About the only thing I like about it here is the wild life. I like animals. That's it. Different strokes for different folks.
Me and my wife are the exact same. Its is funny that some people can not fathom that people don't enjoy the same things they do. To each his own.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:19 PM

458 posts, read 598,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
Me and my wife are the exact same. Its is funny that some people can not fathom that people don't enjoy the same things they do. To each his own.
Wow this is a tough crowd. It is almost impossible to have a civil conversation here anymore. I totally get that she is not into the same activities we are.

I simply said that since she was stuck here, was there any possibility she could find some enjoyment outside, especially during the next milder 6 months.

We were stuck up north for 3 years. I hate the cold with every fiber of my being. But I tried skiing, built snow men, hiked some trails. Did what I could to pass the time.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:28 PM

199 posts, read 219,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKing View Post
Wow this is a tough crowd. It is almost impossible to have a civil conversation here anymore. I totally get that she is not into the same activities we are.

I simply said that since she was stuck here, was there any possibility she could find some enjoyment outside, especially during the next milder 6 months.

We were stuck up north for 3 years. I hate the cold with every fiber of my being. But I tried skiing, built snow men, hiked some trails. Did what I could to pass the time.
Don't bother, I gave up trying. I pray each day that a few posters on this forum move way up north and soon. Whether they win the lottery so they can move or just go live in a tent in Alaska....you like cold weather, go for it already!

Old 11-05-2007, 09:31 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:

They don't want to be happy, they want to be martyrs. Just look up the definition and you will see this is exactly what we are hearing. It is a way of getting attention I guess, they have nothing else to add or talk about that is constructive. They also can't stand it that others are not as miserable as they are. Thats all I can think of with some of these posts. I just hope none of them take the gas pipe.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:10 AM

Quote:

I didn't mean to be mean or rude, and I wasn't necessarily speaking about you either. There seems to be a group of people here who get all agitated if you don't like Florida and what it has to offer. Again not picking on you specifically. My thing is, everything isn't for everyone. No where is perfect but there are places you can go that has everything you are looking for and the things you don't like have to be small enough to be tolerable. That is what (in my opinion) makes a good environment to live in. Personally, I absolutely hate Florida. BUT, I am not going to be a miserable, so I go fishing (fly fishing) and I go to events like the dragon boat festival that just pasted on Bel Harbor or the Japanese festival that was up in Delray etc. etc.

I am also ameture photographer, so I love going out and shooting when its not to hot.

You and I sir are in 100% agreement in that we should try to make the best of a situation until we can find something better.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
I didn't mean to be mean or rude, and I wasn't necessarily speaking about you either. There seems to be a group of people here who get all agitated if you don't like Florida and what it has to offer. Again not picking on you specifically. My thing is, everything isn't for everyone. No where is perfect but there are places you can go that has everything you are looking for and the things you don't like have to be small enough to be tolerable. That is what (in my opinion) makes a good environment to live in. Personally, I absolutely hate Florida. BUT, I am not going to be a miserable, so I go fishing (fly fishing) and I go to events like the dragon boat festival that just pasted on Bel Harbor or the Japanese festival that was up in Delray etc. etc.

I am also ameture photographer, so I love going out and shooting when its not to hot.

You and I sir are in 100% agreement in that we should try to make the best of a situation until we can find something better.
Thats all you can do no matter what the situation. I would say, most people are not happy with their jobs. A certain percent hate them but go in everyday because they have to till they can do what they really would like to do. I get a mag called Woodshop news. They had a story about a guy in there recently who was an Emmy winning TV executive who walked away from it to build custom furniture. Read about this guy
Welcome to Bedlam Farm
You have to be happy in life, it's so short.

Last edited by macguy; 11-06-2007 at 08:04 AM..

Old 11-06-2007, 09:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,630 times
Hi everyone! While I haven't had time to go back and read all the posts here
I just wanted to add my 2 cents and say that I don't hate Florida. I have been down here for 6.5 years now from the Adk. Mts. of NY. Yes, at first it was difficult meeting new friends and finding a job that paid even close to what I left at, but every time you move someplace new you will have that.
My NY friends used to ask me if I missed the beauty of the mountains , but Florida has it's own type of beauty. Whether it is south Forida with it's palms and swamp lands to Ocala area with it's large Oaks and sprauling horse farms. While I can't say I will stay here the rest of my life I sure can enjoy it while I'm here! It is also great to be so close to the cruise ports that you can drive.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruz View Post
Hi everyone! While I haven't had time to go back and read all the posts here
I just wanted to add my 2 cents and say that I don't hate Florida. I have been down here for 6.5 years now from the Adk. Mts. of NY. Yes, at first it was difficult meeting new friends and finding a job that paid even close to what I left at, but every time you move someplace new you will have that.
My NY friends used to ask me if I missed the beauty of the mountains , but Florida has it's own type of beauty. Whether it is south Forida with it's palms and swamp lands to Ocala area with it's large Oaks and sprauling horse farms. While I can't say I will stay here the rest of my life I sure can enjoy it while I'm here! It is also great to be so close to the cruise ports that you can drive.
Where are you living?

Old 11-06-2007, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
Thats all you can do no matter what the situation. I would say, most people are not happy with their jobs. A certain percent hate them but go in everyday because they have to till they can do what they really would like to do. I get a mag called Woodshop news. They had a story about a guy in there recently who was an Emmy winning TV executive who walked away from it to build custom furniture. Read about this guy
Welcome to Bedlam Farm
You have to be happy in life, it's so short.
man, if i could I would quit my job and focus on photography. Who knows, maybe it will happen, great link, thanks for that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida