Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 06:42 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,774,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
I agree.

He has earned a lot of respect from me more for him just coming back and being upfront about his moves.

Chris you and your story is very important to readers here. I know you already know that but I wanted to make sure just how important your input really is to those who are looking to move here, those who have left and want to come back etc.

Thanks for sharing your story and your honesty.

Now for my question -

What was the deciding factor for you to move back to Estero? I know you have lived in several Florida towns but this move tells me you really must like in in Estero.
Well, like I have said before. I have lived in 5 different areas of FL since 1994, I have liked all of them, but Estero is my favorite. Surely there are better parts of FL. I just like it here. I will be moving to Fort Myers though in a few months to the place I am working at, BUT it is in a really nice part of Fort Myers. So I don't mind moving from here to there.

If I had been offered a job in most parts of FL I would have went anyplace though.

I moved back to the same place I lived/worked at before I left. It's a nice property in a safe area, close to everything we need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 08:12 AM

7 posts, read 65,198 times
Wink Glad for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Yeah we are pretty much set here now. Good jobs, nice town we live in, nice place. All is well. I have a friend in NC, he wants to come back to FL too. Hopefully he will.

So glad to hear that news... weather is is spring now ,,, guess no more snows for this time of year anymore... been so long since we had a really good snow that i don't even want to see them anymore and that is something coming from me(major snow lover) but i guess it is my age now...lol and my achy breaky body...

Old 03-18-2012, 09:53 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
It was nice knowing you, Chris. Goodbye. Add me to your long list. You know what I mean by that.
More like a short list consisting of two people, you and your offspring. You know what I mean by that...

Old 03-18-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
More like a short list consisting of two people, you and your offspring. You know what I mean by that...

Old 03-18-2012, 05:36 PM

10,234 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Default 4,well, actually 5 now, from my family

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
My older daughter, who has never posted here, and moved to Florida and left after 4 months. Her fiance who told her "absolutely NO" on moving to Florida. Ali JOKED about that because she didn't want to stay here, and she KNEW what her fiance would say. "Too damned hot". She also has her Grandparents who live in Tampa and her sister, brother-in-law, and nephews who live in Boca. I guess she doesn't know anything either? Oh, she DEFINITELY is NOT hyperthyroid either. I will not go there and insult her.

Now you can absoultely add my husband to the list. He said last week that the only thing keeping him here is his job. Since he is 63, he said he wants to retire in a few years, and move. Maybe not NY, but he has talked about NC. Because of his illnesses, he can no longer do anything outside. He sits in the house watching TV. He can do that ANYWHERE in the country. "Closer to NY", HIS QUOTE.

It really doesn't matter what other people think when your ENTIRE FAMILY is on the same page as you. I have VERY HAPPY to have the family I do have.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:09 PM

10,234 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Chris, I am me, and my daughter is her own person too. My "beef" is quite different from hers. If you care to know, it was your POSTING ON HERE to have all these "oh, you will come back" Florida lovers GLOAT. How in the world could you do that? Did you feel the need for THEM to congratulate you? Why did you need congratulations from ANYBODY for what you do? You need their "moral support"? THAT is what irked me. I haven't posted on this forum because of that, but I was sent a direct message that you were on here posting that you were on your way. Rachael didn't tell me you were coming back, or were on this board, but ANOTHER POSTER did contact me.

Oh, it's not just the weather that I don't like in Florida. It is the PEOPLE too. Conceited, arrogant, I AM LIVING IN PARADISE, and I am better than everyone else in the rest of the COUNTRY. Yeah, I don't like FLORIDIANS either. You can NEVER LEAVE PARADISE. ROFL

On a personal note, relative to your message to me, coming here to be with my husband was not my main reason for coming BACK here. It was relative to my daughter, my OLDER DAUGHTER, that I left NY. I am not going to go into that on here. I will say this about my husband. He DIDN'T know what he was in for because he had never LIVED here before, which I DID. He thought it would be like being on vacation. "It gets OLD after a time living here year round." He said that a few days ago. Well, I told him so.

This thread needs to die a quick death. It has run it's course. You have said your piece. I have said mine, and the Glee Club has said theirs. I will, and have not, posted on other Florida threads. If I come on CD at all, I will leave it to politics. At least there there are diverse opinions, and they are welcomed.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:52 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,410,222 times
Quote:
....I will, and have not, posted on other Florida threads. If I come on CD at all, I will leave it to politics....
Yay!

Old 03-18-2012, 07:01 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Yay!
Haha - DOUBLE Yay!!!

Old 03-18-2012, 07:02 PM

Trust me. I did not come here for anyone to "gloat". I knew once I got on here and people saw I was back, I would get either an A. welcome response, or, B. Made fun of... Well it ended up being a good response. And why hide where I went? What is the purpose of that? I am fine with where I ended up. So I guess my choice was either stay in MA and live in a box, or on the streets because we were sinking financially, OR, come back to FL where I can get a job in a weeks time.... Gee what was more intelligent? I came here and had 4 interviews and MANY, MANY, calls from properties all over FL... I took, and got, the best one of them all, and I got one HECK of a good job with good pay on a beautiful property. It would have been great up there if it were affordable, and my fiancees mother did not take off on us and yank part of our finances out from under us. Not to mention the house we rented was back on the market, and very expensive to keep up. Why do I have to explain myself??? I am ok with my decision, so is everyone in the house....

Old 03-18-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:

Oh, it's not just the weather that I don't like in Florida. It is the PEOPLE too. Conceited, arrogant, I AM LIVING IN PARADISE, and I am better than everyone else in the rest of the COUNTRY. Yeah, I don't like FLORIDIANS either. You can NEVER LEAVE PARADISE. ROFL

That goes for people up NORTH TOO, YES NY INCLUDED........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida