Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which
ft lauderdale 27 36.49%
miami 31 41.89%
west palm beach 16 21.62%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 11:38 AM

1,770 posts, read 8,250,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
OK, I was including Palm Beach with WPB. Just as, I would assume, one would include Miami Beach with Miami.
I don't, any time I mention them I make sure to let people know that they're two entirely different cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 12:12 AM

40 posts, read 101,989 times
If I had enough money I will moved. None of the three and the reasons are: WPB full of all people, MIA is just crazy...specially the airport the whole thing is a nightmare and Fort Lauderdale is getting expensive. Las Olas it is just a bunch of bars full of kids. For single people that wants to party all year round I guess is ok but eventually the time will come when you realize you are just wasting your time. There are better things to do in life that getting drunk!
You mention MIA has the hottest babes...well you better have money if you want to hang with them. Woman downhere all they want is $$$ so good luck!

Old 09-04-2009, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 5,602 times
Fake vs Real...I like both Lauderdale & Miami. Big difference is people in Lauderdale are more real and not fake and superficial like Miami. And true to a point that Miami girls are only out for money or marriage for citizenship.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:45 PM

668 posts, read 2,358,286 times
Miami or Ft Lauderdale. I hate West Palm Beach, my mother lives there and it's such a stupid city. All you can do is go to the City Place and shop at the same dumb stores and drive west of I-95 and eat at fast food restaraunts or shop at the some strip malls. No offense to anyone in West Palm. There's no middle class or normal people there either, just con artists, rich snobby yuppies from the northeast with shady pasts, and local crackheads who make internet videos shooting AK's in the air. And that's if u actually see someone out in the streets- 90% of the time this place is an eerie ghost town. People talk of crime here, and there is no doubt alot of crime, but this place is so deserted sometimes I wonder how it is possible there is crime when there is no one on the streets to commit it? It's depressing, it's eerie, it's strange, and any normal person here will hardly have anything in common with anyone. Don't get me wrong, I do like this place to a certain extent, but there are better options out there (like Lauderdale or Dade). Everytime I go there, I make it a point to hop on the Tri-Rail south to Miami for a day.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:07 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banx View Post
Miami or Ft Lauderdale. I hate West Palm Beach, my mother lives there and it's such a stupid city. All you can do is go to the City Place and shop at the same dumb stores and drive west of I-95 and eat at fast food restaraunts or shop at the some strip malls.
Nothing to do? Really?

The Beach!
Peanut Island
Jet Skiing
Water Taxi
Ann Norton Sculpture Gardens
Armory Art Center
Arthur R. Marshall Foundation
Artists' Showcase of the Palm Beaches
Ballet Florida
Cuillo Centre for the Arts
Harriet Himmet Theater for Cultural & Performing Arts
Jazz Arts Music Society
Kravis Center
Loxahatchee Preserve Nature Center
Meyer Amphitheater
Miami City Ballet
Mounts Botanical Garden
Northwood University (Jeannette Hare Art Gallery)
Norton Museum of Art
Palm Beach Atlantic University
Palm Beach County History Museum
Palm Beach Dramaworks
Palm Beach Opera
Palm Beach Pops
Palm Beach Zoo at Dreher Park
Puppetry Arts Center of the Palm Beaches
South Florida Science Museum
Caldwell Theatre Company
Centre for the Arts at Mizner Park
Hibel Studio
Klein Dance
Lake Worth Playhouse
Dolly Hand Cultural Arts Center
Eissey Campus Theatre
Flagler Museum
Historical Society of Palm Beach County
John D. MacArthur Beach State Park
Preservation Foundation of Palm Beach
Society of the Four Arts
ArtStage, Inc.
Burt Reynolds & Friends Museum
DuBois Pioneer Home
Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse
Lighthouse Center for the Arts
Loxahatchee River Historical Society
Maltz Jupiter Theatre
American Orchid Society
Cornell Museum at Old School Square
Crest Theatre at Old School Square
Delray Beach Historical Society
Delray Beach Playhouse
Milagro Center
Morikami Museum & Japanese Gardens
Museum of Lifestyle & Fashion History
Old School Square
Palm Beach Photographic Centre
Sandoway House Nature Center
Spady Cultural Heritage Museum
Loggerhead Marinelife Center (Juno Beach)
Asian Food Fair & Cultural Show
Delray Beach Film Festival
Roots Cultural Heritage Festival
Florida Stage (Manalapan)
Schoolhouse Children's Museum (Boynton Beach)
Cruzan Ampitheater
Nortan Museum of Art
Antiques Row
Palm Beach International Raceway
National Croquet Center
Palm Beach Polo Grounds
Palm Beach kennel club

Festivals:
Clematis by Night
Kaleidoscope
Palm Beach International Film Festival
SunFest
Hispanic Fest
Reggae Fest
Street Painting Festival
Tropic Fest on 4th of July
Greek Festival
Portuguese Cultural Festival
Supercar Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banx
No offense to anyone in West Palm. There's no middle class or normal people there either,
No, there are plenty of middle class people. Have you ever had the curiosity to explore the ACTUAL city limits? Ever been to the South of Southern area? Grandview Heights? Howard Park area? Southland Park? Flamingo Park? Central Park/Monceaux? (note, the part West of I-95 is usually NOT part of the city limits, and is unincorporated Palm Beach County).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banx
I wonder how it is possible there is crime when there is no one on the streets to commit it? It's depressing, it's eerie, it's strange, and any normal person here will hardly have anything in common with anyone.
Why don't you do yourself a favor and take some time to leave the downtown core? Head South on Dixie Highway. Drive down Olive Avenue. Explore.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:14 PM

66 posts, read 194,971 times
Default Wrong !

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunner View Post
fort lauderdale is the best. miami and west palm beach are filled with poor immigrants and they are both dirty rundown and unsafe. english is my 2nd language but at least i speak it in miami and west palm beach no one bothers speaking it. but in fort lauderadle everyone does and it is not as rundown as those two citys. you could not pay me to live in west palm beach ormiami but i would pay to live in ft. lauderdale. ft lauderdale= the best.
You might be trying to deliberately deceive folks, because Palm Beach is a wonderful place compared to the other two. And, most of the Illegals and poor folks are still centered in Miami (no way around that). Fort Laud., was nice - but is way too congested now-a-days. . . .

Old 09-04-2009, 02:22 PM

66 posts, read 194,971 times
Default Yes, Palm Beach is SUPER !

I'm so glad I moved to Palm Beach from Broward County in 1999. . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Nothing to do? Really?

The Beach!
Peanut Island
Jet Skiing
Water Taxi
Ann Norton Sculpture Gardens
Armory Art Center
Arthur R. Marshall Foundation
Artists' Showcase of the Palm Beaches
Ballet Florida
Cuillo Centre for the Arts
Harriet Himmet Theater for Cultural & Performing Arts
Jazz Arts Music Society
Kravis Center
Loxahatchee Preserve Nature Center
Meyer Amphitheater
Miami City Ballet
Mounts Botanical Garden
Northwood University (Jeannette Hare Art Gallery)
Norton Museum of Art
Palm Beach Atlantic University
Palm Beach County History Museum
Palm Beach Dramaworks
Palm Beach Opera
Palm Beach Pops
Palm Beach Zoo at Dreher Park
Puppetry Arts Center of the Palm Beaches
South Florida Science Museum
Caldwell Theatre Company
Centre for the Arts at Mizner Park
Hibel Studio
Klein Dance
Lake Worth Playhouse
Dolly Hand Cultural Arts Center
Eissey Campus Theatre
Flagler Museum
Historical Society of Palm Beach County
John D. MacArthur Beach State Park
Preservation Foundation of Palm Beach
Society of the Four Arts
ArtStage, Inc.
Burt Reynolds & Friends Museum
DuBois Pioneer Home
Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse
Lighthouse Center for the Arts
Loxahatchee River Historical Society
Maltz Jupiter Theatre
American Orchid Society
Cornell Museum at Old School Square
Crest Theatre at Old School Square
Delray Beach Historical Society
Delray Beach Playhouse
Milagro Center
Morikami Museum & Japanese Gardens
Museum of Lifestyle & Fashion History
Old School Square
Palm Beach Photographic Centre
Sandoway House Nature Center
Spady Cultural Heritage Museum
Loggerhead Marinelife Center (Juno Beach)
Asian Food Fair & Cultural Show
Delray Beach Film Festival
Roots Cultural Heritage Festival
Florida Stage (Manalapan)
Schoolhouse Children's Museum (Boynton Beach)
Cruzan Ampitheater
Nortan Museum of Art
Antiques Row
Palm Beach International Raceway
National Croquet Center
Palm Beach Polo Grounds
Palm Beach kennel club

Festivals:
Clematis by Night
Kaleidoscope
Palm Beach International Film Festival
SunFest
Hispanic Fest
Reggae Fest
Street Painting Festival
Tropic Fest on 4th of July
Greek Festival
Portuguese Cultural Festival
Supercar Weekend

No, there are plenty of middle class people. Have you ever had the curiosity to explore the ACTUAL city limits? Ever been to the South of Southern area? Grandview Heights? Howard Park area? Southland Park? Flamingo Park? Central Park/Monceaux? (note, the part West of I-95 is usually NOT part of the city limits, and is unincorporated Palm Beach County).

Why don't you do yourself a favor and take some time to leave the downtown core? Head South on Dixie Highway. Drive down Olive Avenue. Explore.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:43 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLI2L View Post
I'm so glad I moved to Palm Beach from Broward County in 1999. . . .
Too many people just have a bad perception of West Palm Beach, because they spend their time in about 1/5 of the city --- immediately downtown, and the run down ghetto part North of downtown.

I too used to have a negative opinion, but after moving here and ACTUALLY learning about the city, the history, and the many off-the-beaten-track curiosities, it's a very good city with a lot to offer for its comparatively small size.

In reality, I actually have always disliked the "feel" of Fort Lauderdale .... it's very grungy and flat and lifeless to me (I can't stand Broward Blvd. or Oakland Park) .... but I am sure if I moved there and actually took the time to explore, I'd learn enough to make an informed opinion.

Old 09-07-2009, 02:13 PM

691 posts, read 2,329,036 times
West Palm Beach, Jupiter area. You can find a parking place, and it does not cost you $50 a day.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:34 AM

176 posts, read 647,076 times
Ft Lauderdale has the best food options....but in any of the Palm Beach County "downtowns" the parking is fairly easy (and free on Sundays)....for the most part...I don't like i when traffic stops on the Las Olas/A1A corner...it deters me from parking..but I love cruising down that strip..beautiful!

Cityplace has lots of options...but there's snobs. Clematis/Datura is really a cool and up and coming place..I even like the Northwood area ..

I started a new life in Broward...WPB is cool but I don't feel at home there....

I don't know what Dade is anymore..just a place my mother lives

.so Ft Lauderdale!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida