Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2012, 08:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,134 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are looking into the possibility of buying some vacant land (5-15+ acres) somewhere in Suwannee or Columbia county. We currently live on a little over an acre in the Yulee/Fernandina Beach area and we're looking to buy some owner financed property where we can set up a small camper or rv and work on clearing some of the land and eventually build a home. I've been through some of the area but that was a few years ago so I've been looking through some of the local realtor MLS in areas south of lake city and live oak, Ft White, High Springs, Obrien, McAlpin etc.

My wife is a nurse and I currently work for an airline but about a year ago I started learning to tattoo and I may want to eventually open my own shop in that area. I like where we live now, 5 min to the beach, very little zoning regs so we're able to keep chickens and other animals. however, we're looking for a larger property with a bigger buffer zone from neighbors, seems to be a proliferation of alcoholic, pill head, welfare collecting people all over the state I'd just like a nice buffer where we can walk outside without being nagged by them or listen to the crazy B**** across the street with the 8 kids, standing on her porch screaming all the time.

Anyway, we're going to take a drive out that way in a week or two and look around and hang out at the springs for the day. Any recommendations on what areas to look at or which towns to check out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 08:56 AM

8 posts, read 16,713 times
McAlpin is south of Live Oak but handy to Lake City for work--there is a VA hospital and a Shands Hospital as well as a local hospital in Lake City.
Property is very cheap right now and it is a good time to see what land has flooded after TS Debby.
Live Oak Acres is a community of homes only sites or you can find land suitable for mobile homes.
Either way there is peace and quiet and not many restrictions.
If you're comfortable in your skin you won't worry about other people's affiliations with politics or
religion.
Just live life and enjoy it!

Old 08-26-2012, 06:14 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,935,359 times
Treepower must be the ambassador for Live Oak area,I think most would disagree with her post having lived there over 15 years.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:35 PM

8 posts, read 16,713 times
With all due respect what is there to disagree about I have not said anything untrue have I? If I have
please be more specific.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida