Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2012, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,676 times

Advertisements

I am a first time User of a forum. We are moving to Lakeland Fl., I am an LPN wanted to go onto a RN (BSN) and my husband is a tattoo artist. So if anyone has info for me on how or where to go to to further my education and get an LPN job in the mean time I would be appreciative. Asfor my husband if anyone can recommend some reputable tattoo shops in the area that would be great. Lastly which area is best be my son for schooling, he is going into 2nd grade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 09:33 AM

793 posts, read 2,525,911 times
Check Florida Hospital, Lakeland is out there how about Clermont, closer to schools and lots of tattoo shops as you'll be closer to Orlando job market without the drive.

Hope this helps,

Old 07-19-2012, 09:44 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,984,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slindsay81 View Post
I am a first time User of a forum. We are moving to Lakeland Fl., I am an LPN wanted to go onto a RN (BSN) and my husband is a tattoo artist. So if anyone has info for me on how or where to go to to further my education and get an LPN job in the mean time I would be appreciative. Asfor my husband if anyone can recommend some reputable tattoo shops in the area that would be great. Lastly which area is best be my son for schooling, he is going into 2nd grade.
You'd be better off in another part of the state. I'd recommend the Jacksonville area which has plenty of educational opportunities for you, the best job market in the state (lowest unemployment rate), a low cost of living and a number of tattoo job opportunities. The north end of St Johns County just outside Jacksonville (southside) offers the best school district in the state.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:31 AM

810 posts, read 1,580,072 times
Oh my, why are you moving here without a job?

Old 07-21-2012, 04:57 PM

213 posts, read 660,488 times
Polk State College, has a good nursing program, they do have a transition option, but it is very competitive to get in. Hillsborough Community College, (county just to the west of Polk) has a nursing program, not sure if they have the transition option. Watson Clinic in Lakeland some times has openings for LPNs but a lot of places are phasing out LPNs going only with RNs , have a friend who is a LPN, bridging to RN now, wouldn't recommend the school she is at though, it has not been great. There are a some elementary schools in the area with an A letter grade, Polk County 2012 School Grades | theledger.com | The Ledger | Lakeland, FL, will tell you which ones. St. John's County , is the best school system, it is about 3 hours from Lakeland. You could go onto Employflorida.com, I see some LPN jobs listed there. Don't know anything about Tatoo shops though.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:45 AM

4 posts, read 7,493 times
So if anyone has info for me on how or where to go to to further my education http://www.avufo.info/g.gif

Old 07-22-2012, 12:49 AM

4 posts, read 7,493 times
I'd recommend the Jacksonville area which has plenty of educational opportunities for you,http://www.avufo.info/g.gif

Old 09-16-2012, 03:08 PM

213 posts, read 660,488 times
you could try online, there are several programs to get a BSN in nursing, www.jacksonvilleu.com/. www.spcollege.edu/bachelors/nursing/, chamberlain.edu/ , those are a few you can look at. I know several people that received their BSN in nursing using online programs. Good luck

Old 09-19-2012, 01:52 PM

36 posts, read 64,185 times
I don't recomend Lakeland as a city to move to !
Electric bills there will eat you allive !

I live 30 miles south of Lakeland and find most everything to be much more economical.

Wachula is a growing town since Charlie about wiped it out.

They have a branch of Spectrum hospitals there.
Even if you had to drive to another branch for a job at first, you would save a lot from liveing in Lakeland !

I don't know much about tatoo artest as I am against tattos.
Seems like if he is any good at them, he wouldn't need to work for someone else ?
Why not open his own shop ?

He could work at home til he got started ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida