Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 10:40 AM

119 posts, read 219,795 times

Advertisements

There seems to be a lot of culture in Daytona and if you are poor you hear way too much about the thuggery and trashiness here. But when I am on my Fb and see these richer people, they seem unaffected and living happy lives, hanging out at upscale bars, driving nice cars, playing in bands, going to DSC, playing golf. Its like the seediness doesnt exist to them. Does city commisiions know about how bad Daytona has sunk for the middle-lower class and are they prepared to do anything about it? There was recently a Publix robbery in Port Orange and I can't help but think its a result of the crisis here.

And lets face it, it appears the only jobs hiring here are bars. And there are rich people working multiple jobs down here too keeping the poor from work. One is a fitness trainer and bartender and she is a very popular female in this town. In fact these rich people like to talk about having "haters". It's people like these that cause all these problems in Daytona because they are doing nothing to help and taking jobs just to make them richer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 01:20 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Wha?

Old 07-27-2012, 01:29 PM

Just from what I'm observing. I never see the well adjusted people complaining about Daytona. But my family members sure got involved with some lowlife people and I hear about some crazy stuff here with them. Seabreeze is obviously not a good place as well as Ridgewood and east PO. There's also a lot of labour work down here. Or maybe the rich people are also doing drugs, and I don't know it.

And yes its true, there are rich people working two jobs, therefore keeping people who need a job from work.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:36 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by william29 View Post

And lets face it, it appears the only jobs hiring here are bars. And there are rich people working multiple jobs down here too keeping the poor from work. One is a fitness trainer and bartender and she is a very popular female in this town. In fact these rich people like to talk about having "haters". It's people like these that cause all these problems in Daytona because they are doing nothing to help and taking jobs just to make them richer.
I guess we have a different perspective on what constitutes a rich person, some one working as a fitness trainer by day and bar tender at night doesnt strike me as some one who's rich,Or why would a rich person bother to take on a minimum wage job just to deny a poor person from getting the job.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:46 PM

513 posts, read 962,024 times
Bartender/Trainer is rich? LMAO Thanks. If your rich your not working service industry jobs. You might own the restaurant/bar/health club but your not bartending or personal training.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:37 PM

161 posts, read 412,898 times
That sounds like a little envy going on. If someone is working two jobs so they can have nice things and live a certain way then props to them! Just because there aren't enough jobs to go around doesn't mean it is limit one per person. Those people don't want to live in the bad parts of town so therefore they work their tails off. Trust me, they know about the ugly side of Daytona.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:15 PM

17 posts, read 29,081 times
Really what you are describing isn't a Daytona thing, it's an American thing. In every city ive lived in that doesn't have well known documentaries about the bad areas or famous rappers from the bad areas, most rich folks are usually clueless about how the other half lives and think certain things that happen in certain sections of there city all the time only happen in detroit or compton.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleanexec View Post
Bartender/Trainer is rich? LMAO Thanks. If your rich your not working service industry jobs. You might own the restaurant/bar/health club but your not bartending or personal training.

have you seen this woman? Her boyfriend is a bodybuilder too and works in a gym. She has to have money to look like that. Okay, even if they didnt keep people from jobs, it clearly to me seems like they love Daytona despite the recent bad nature of it in many parts.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:13 PM

I'm not sure what a reputation comment is, but I didnt think I said anything wrong. I've heard a lot of people talk about how bad Daytona is on here so I thought I would get people in agreement on this.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:07 PM

161 posts, read 412,898 times
You didn't say anything wrong, we are all just giving you our opinions of your opinion. As far as the reputation comment, sounds like someone agreed with you and rated you positively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida