Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 05:05 PM

29 posts, read 57,715 times

Advertisements

What happened to this great state?

Where are the morals, values, and great living style go too?

It seems as if people in Southern Florida (Martin County south, towards Miami-Dade county, south Lee County & Collier County) only care about money, looking good, being normal and not awkward, materialism, superficial, being manipulative, un-genuine, paranoid, afraid of thinking for themselves, close-minded, ignorant, arrogant, narcissistic, rude, mean, judgemental, staring, people.

It seems as if the environment sort of encourages and takes care of the people who are narcissistic people. What happened?

People are VERY immature, selfish, and me-me-me all the time. I see it on the streets of Fort Myers, Estero, Naples, all of Palm Beach County, Broward County, and Miami. It seems as if everyone there puts on a very fake outward look and just expect mean things from each other.

All people care about is gossiping, showing off their leased BMW, and trying to make others feel worthless, especially by judging.

It seems like almost everyone does drugs to make themselves feel normal.

I am tired of the smug-ness, snobby-ness of Southern Florida and it's creeping up northward to my hometown just east of Tampa.

I feel as if people have to make themselves feel better from the day of being mean to random other human beings and trying to force each other off the top of the totem pole by looking their best all the time and making material things matter like a new car or new everything to replace their cold souls inside their bodies.

It seems as if people are basically the same, they only care about similar things, and no one really thinks outside the box.

What the hell happened Florida? Why must people ignore each other on purpose and be such empty souls to each other? Why are people so ignorant (like feeling sad about hearing the latest crash on the turnpike, yete drive to their new modeling session 30 over the speed limit?) and why must people think that you have to be mean to survive and live? Why are people so nasty to each other? Why must people look great all the time and fit into what is popular on TV and in Movies to feel competent? Why can't anyone be themselves?

It seems like this stuff is small, but it really affects someone's psyche in a town in South Fort Myers where there's just not alot of people around, but people just HAVE to act like they are in NYC and be so pushy shove, and ignore others and be rude and drive around rude as if there is actual traffic or reason to be mean!

Thanks for your thoughts, and let me know if you feel the same way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 05:19 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Interesting first post..
Welcome to the forum kc1296426
I solved the problem by moving to Canada..

Old 12-16-2012, 09:22 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
If you think this is only a FL thing, you've been out of touch with the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1296426 View Post

It seems as if people in Southern Florida (Martin County south, towards Miami-Dade county, south Lee County & Collier County) only care about money, looking good, being normal and not awkward, materialism, superficial, being manipulative, un-genuine, paranoid, afraid of thinking for themselves, close-minded, ignorant, arrogant, narcissistic, rude, mean, judgemental, staring, people.

It seems as if the environment sort of encourages and takes care of the people who are narcissistic people. What happened?

People are VERY immature, selfish, and me-me-me all the time. I see it on the streets of Fort Myers, Estero, Naples, all of Palm Beach County, Broward County, and Miami. It seems as if everyone there puts on a very fake outward look and just expect mean things from each other.

All people care about is gossiping, showing off their leased BMW, and trying to make others feel worthless, especially by judging.

I am tired of the smug-ness, snobby-ness of Southern Florida and it's creeping up northward to my hometown just east of Tampa.

I feel as if people have to make themselves feel better from the day of being mean to random other human beings and trying to force each other off the top of the totem pole by looking their best all the time and making material things matter like a new car or new everything to replace their cold souls inside their bodies.

It seems as if people are basically the same, they only care about similar things, and no one really thinks outside the box.

What the hell happened Florida? Why must people ignore each other on purpose and be such empty souls to each other? Why are people so ignorant (like feeling sad about hearing the latest crash on the turnpike, yete drive to their new modeling session 30 over the speed limit?) and why must people think that you have to be mean to survive and live? Why are people so nasty to each other? Why must people look great all the time and fit into what is popular on TV and in Movies to feel competent? Why can't anyone be themselves?

It seems like this stuff is small, but it really affects someone's psyche in a town in South Fort Myers where there's just not alot of people around, but people just HAVE to act like they are in NYC and be so pushy shove, and ignore others and be rude and drive around rude as if there is actual traffic or reason to be mean!

Old 12-16-2012, 10:38 PM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1296426 View Post

To the OP, generalize much? So in essence everyone who is self-absorbed living in the state of Florida lives in the southern section, and in a sci-fi "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" kind of way, they're taking over the happy-go-lucky sections to the north a little bit at a time....??? Whew, that was close.....thanks for the heads up!

Old 12-17-2012, 04:43 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,218,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Spring Hillian....is right on target...it is not only South Florida...but every area you might choose to go...the I have's vs. the rest of the world...

Old 12-17-2012, 07:02 AM

315 posts, read 652,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
yea ok buddy

You see this in other places too, like Manhatten and Southern California, you dont see this kinda crap in Texas or Smaller towns in the Midwest and West or even Northern Florida (shocking I know).

Old 12-17-2012, 07:39 AM

2,962 posts, read 5,000,742 times
I don't know. I grew up in the 50's and often think I'd like to see things go back to those times. Then I think a little harder and realize it wasn't all ham and jam back then either.....

Old 12-17-2012, 01:20 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the awesomee View Post
yea ok buddy

You see this in other places too, like Manhatten and Southern California, you dont see this kinda crap in Texas or Smaller towns in the Midwest and West or even Northern Florida (shocking I know).

Texas?

Dallas Fort Worth Society / Society / Home - ClubCorp

Land of "bigger is better"?

Face it: Some people just have the same gripes everywhere:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...joneses-2.html

Old 12-17-2012, 02:15 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,774,924 times
New England(MA, and CT especially) is the same way... It's NOT only FL. People up here changed too. Gee and they act the same as the OP describes. Same crap, different area.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:03 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
nah, never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the awesomee View Post
yea ok buddy

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida