Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 02:17 PM

1 posts, read 4,895 times

Advertisements

I live in nj and I'm applying for a job in Orlando. Our only family in fl is in palm coast. What are some good towns in-between? Schools and commuting ease to Orlando are most important. Thanks!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 02:21 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,889,153 times
Daytona Beach is in between.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:28 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,169,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches2013 View Post
I live in nj and I'm applying for a job in Orlando. Our only family in fl is in palm coast. What are some good towns in-between? Schools and commuting ease to Orlando are most important. Thanks!!

Since you will be working in Orlando, I would choose one of the towns off I-4 closer to Orlando like Altanmonte Springs, Heathro, Sanford , or Deltona, It would be a long commute every day from Daytona.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:30 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,918,254 times
Quote:
"Commuting ease to Orlando" does not exist. Live in Orlando close to your work, or else welcome to hell. You do not want I-4 to be a part of your daily commute.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:53 AM

27,187 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
"Commuting ease to Orlando" does not exist. Live in Orlando close to your work, or else welcome to hell. You do not want I-4 to be a part of your daily commute.
The OP is moving from NJ, I don't think they'll find Orlando commuting "hell". If anything somewhat humorous that it's considered that by the locals. I agree with the other post regarding Heathrow/Lake Mary/Sanford as a choice. The schools are the best in the Orlando metro area and overall among the Top 5 districts in the state. I live in the area and at worst a commute to downtown Orlando (18 miles) is 40-45 minutes via I-4. If not working downtown which is a distinct possibility given the sprawl of area employment centers, there are other viable alternatives from the Lake Mary area including the uncrowded 417 (toll road) or US 17-92. The drive to Palm Coast from Lake Mary is right at one hour.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:20 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,317,847 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
The OP is moving from NJ, I don't think they'll find Orlando commuting "hell". If anything somewhat humorous that it's considered that by the locals. I agree with the other post regarding Heathrow/Lake Mary/Sanford as a choice. The schools are the best in the Orlando metro area and overall among the Top 5 districts in the state.
Proof?

The OP would do fine to live in Winter Park which has schools on par with anything in Seminole county and a much more sane commute to downtown.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:55 PM

71 posts, read 144,642 times
The drive/commute on Interstate 4 from the Orlando area to Palm Coast can be a nightmare if someone crashes their vehicle between Lake Mary and Interstate-95/ Daytona. If that happens, you can add 45-60 minutes to your normal commute time. Add summer rainstorms and.... you get the picture.

Just FYI.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:28 AM

27,187 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Proof?

The OP would do fine to live in Winter Park which has schools on par with anything in Seminole county and a much more sane commute to downtown.
The OP is going to be working in Orlando, which as we all know doesn't mean "downtown" necessarily since it holds just a mere fraction of the jobs in the area. The Lake Nona or UCF area for instance wouldn't be any more convenient from Winter Park. The OP also expressed interest in being near family in Palm Coast and Winter Park would add 30 minutes to the trip. The OP is from New Jersey and by comparison would find the Lake Mary to Orlando commute quite sane, unlike the Central Floridian perspective. Lastly Winter Park has "some schools" on par with Lake Mary but not across the board, hence Seminole County schools having a much higher overall ranking than Orange County's.

https://app2.fldoe.org/Ranking/Districts/

Old 10-28-2013, 04:05 PM

155 posts, read 348,869 times
OMG, do not take children to Daytona Beach! It is a biker invested, drug ridden ghetto. Ormond Beach except for the trailer parks is a better choice but a long drive to Orlando. Go to Zillow and you can draw a circle around the area you are interested in and it will bring up all rentals, homes for sale and foreclosures. I think it's safe to say you're interested in the I-4 corridor.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:33 AM

161 posts, read 412,601 times
Biker invested? LMAO even if you meant "infested" that is a hilarious statement. What is especially hysterical is you point the poster to Ormond which is where the Outlaw MC clubhouse is, but even they do not cause any trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida