Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 05:03 PM

340 posts, read 495,853 times

Advertisements

I have lived in a lot of places, all around the country and seen some dumb ass drivers. But Florida takes the cake hands down. People riding at 70 MPH 2 feet off the bumper ahead of them, people cutting and weaving traffic with no room to do it at high speed. Today I saw one idiot and that is an insult to idiots who wanted to pass but two cars were side by side and this idiot tried to go in-between the two cars.

When I lived in Kansas the cops would pull you over at the drop of a hat and drop the hat themselfs, Missouri was a bit more lax and had its share of dumb people, but I have never seen the stupidity of people in Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 06:13 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,741,856 times
Just remember, most of them come from other states!

Old 03-01-2013, 08:10 PM

340 posts, read 495,853 times
Not saying they are native to Florida but they are here.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:18 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
You know you'd think that would be easy and that the OP would grasp that concept.

However I don't expect much from someone who thinks that it is okay to stop a neighbors dog from barking by killing it.

The morons in this state also come from other states.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:43 PM

374 posts, read 509,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post

Not anymore,now most of them come from other countries.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:43 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,373,509 times
That is my biggest rant here, the drivers, regardless of where they come from. For all the reasons stated by the OP. They are just accidents waiting to happen. Not enough police presence on the highways. I-75 in particular.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:59 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,274,051 times
If you think drivers are bad here in Florida just go to YouTube and do a search on "driving in Russia." I promise you it will be a real eye-opener. They all have dash-cams there because of how dangerous it is to drive there, and also because of the rampant corruption.

The by-product of all those dash-cams has been a very long list of videos showing just how insane it is on the roads there, and after you have watched a few of those videos you will wonder how anyone survives on the roads there.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:20 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,678,743 times
I agree with NP- that's probably my biggest beef with living here. I've been hit twice with my kids in the car because of sheer stupidity of the other drivers. Now my 12 year old is already excitedly talking about getting his first car & panic just swells inside me. I'll be throwing them into every driver's education/training/schools I can find within 50 miles of here & possibly buying them a tank as their first vehicle

I grew up learning to drive on county backroads where the most dangerous thing you'd encounter is some little critter running into your path. The young drivers here- whole different ballgame! Really, the odds are stacked against them being so inexperienced behind the wheel. Plus, growing up, we didn't have cellphones/texting/all those other fancy buttons in the car to distract us from what we were doing... (I know I sound really old but I'm not, ) Now mix that with adult "experienced" drivers who act like they don't have a brain & ugh.....

Last edited by PixiStix; 03-02-2013 at 06:00 AM..

Old 03-02-2013, 05:53 AM

547 posts, read 926,739 times
I agree that some, but not all drivers are horrible. But I admit I am an idiot, or so I have been told. I am one of those fools who like to ride a bike, yep, I am a cyclist, so I must be crazy.I ride to work and I ride for fun. I see and deal with crazy drivers on a daily basis, sometimes on a personal level.
But there is the good too. Recently there was a person who rolled her window down at a red light on a chilly morning and invited me over to share the heat pouring out of her window. What a nice way to start the day.
As a cyclist all I ask for is what Florida law gives me, nothing more. This is not a cyclist vs motorist rant as 99% are good drivers. It's just that I see it from a different perspective.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:29 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,672,933 times
I agree with you, Florida has some very crazy and erratic drivers and tailgating is out of control. When we first moved here I was totally shocked by it. I actually had a little old lady in the left lane cross three lanes of traffic to make a right turn. I was just flabbergasted by that one, but I've seen that move made by drivers of all ages and ethnicities many times since. Now I find it disturbing and dangerous, but I'm adjusting my driving to account for it.

You must remember that we have a lot of tourists who don't know where they are going, we have people here who are lost, in more ways than one, we have people who don't speak or read English, and we have a large population of very elderly drivers who may or may not be roadworthy. This combination produces some really bad driving and potentially fatal situations. All you can do is drive defensively and shake your head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida