Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 06:32 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,460,735 times

Advertisements

No snow , great beaches within an hour drive, watching rocket launches, fresh seafood, no state income tax!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 11:35 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,736,527 times
I enjoyed easy access to the beaches, the wildlife, weather (especially winter!), the diversity, reasonable COL, acess to other cities/states.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:34 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,710,689 times
I like the warm nights.... especially during the summer when it's around 7:30 - 8pm and it's pleasantly warm and nice for a walk or run. Or to drive with the windows down.

I like how sometimes at night during the summer time you can see lightning in the distance from a thunderstorm that is perhaps miles away, yet in your exact location it's not raining, but u drive along and see the flashes of light in the night sky and you can see how pretty the lightning streaks are

I like the beaches, the warm waters. I like the palm trees. I like how there are a lot of entertainment options all over the state.

I also like winter time as the humidity lifts and day are pleasant for the most part. I also like a dramatic summertime thunderstorm and how the clouds are so dark and then they quickly disappear within a half hour and the sun is out again.

I like the beautiful tropical landscaping in public spaces. Whether it be along a freeway or just a median strip. I like the ample shopping options and generally a lot of parking available. CVS/Walgreens practically on every corner (at least in south FL).

I actually like that people are from all over the place. I find it easier to make friends that way. I like that u can run in to people from Haiti and Cuba and Colombia and Venezuela, but also New York and Ohio.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:20 AM

103 posts, read 231,132 times
I realize this is an old thread but what a great topic!

I'm a native but lived out of state for many years and am back, and there is so much that I love about my home state.

I love the winters, summer storms, summer evenings by the pool, abundant sunshine.
I love the Gulf, ocean, rivers & springs.
I love the palm trees and live oaks with Spanish moss, beautiful tropical flowers and plants.
I love the wide open roads, that it's so easy to drive down here and plenty of parking.
I love the fresh produce stands, fresh seafood and the fact that you can buy boiled peanuts anywhere.
And I love that people are friendly and have manners. I'll never forget when we moved back and had to attend an open house at the elementary school for my daughter. The 5th grade boy who led us on our tour held open the doors for us and called me mam every time he addressed me.

I could probably come up with more but these are some of my favorite things about Florida!!

Old 05-18-2016, 12:26 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,843,978 times
Love reading these

Old 05-18-2016, 06:42 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,435,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
Love reading these
Love reading them to my wife who has only heard negatives about FL.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:08 PM

14,977 posts, read 12,194,183 times
I'd say all of the above. And I'd add the glorious sunsets.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:57 PM

4,629 posts, read 7,561,420 times
Things I love about living in FL:

Sunshine, lots of sunshine. Especially in the winter months. I moved from the midwest and hated the days and days of gray skies in the winter months. Depressing.

Flowers. I have flowers blooming in my yard all year round.

Trips to the beach. Lots of great public beaches in my area, incredibly blue water, white sand. It doesn't get any better than that.

Things to do. Any weekend, even in the summer months, although more so in the fall - spring, are local events. Festivals, street fairs, free music events, sports events, art, boat shows, cook offs, etc. There's always something to do and most are free or at little expense. Within just a couple hours drive or less we have Orlando, Tampa - St Pete, Ft. Myers, Daytona and other destinations to spend a day.

Spectacular sunsets. Living so close to the beaches, we get really beautiful sunsets most evenings.

Fresh produce all winter and spring. Tomatoes, peppers, corn, oranges, strawberries, blueberries, lettuce, etc. There are produce stands all over the place with inexpensive local produce.

Fresh local seafood. There IS a difference.

Diversity. Where I live on the SW coast of FL we have quite the mixture of people and cultures, including people from all over the world. You can find more than 100 different clubs, groups of various interests to join. You could say there's something for just about everyone.

Old 05-19-2016, 07:12 AM

103 posts, read 231,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I'd say all of the above. And I'd add the glorious sunsets.
Oh man, I forgot the sunsets! There is nothing like watching the sun set over the Gulf of Mexico, just breathtaking!!

Old 05-19-2016, 11:46 AM

14,977 posts, read 12,194,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygirl925 View Post
Oh man, I forgot the sunsets! There is nothing like watching the sun set over the Gulf of Mexico, just breathtaking!!
Indeed it is. Or in our case, over the river and mangroves from our great room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida