Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2013, 07:12 AM

861 posts, read 1,460,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
They have countries that think like this where your thoughts would be more accepted. You likely wouldn't want to live there though......
I already do. Most Americans support the death penalty.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/159770/de...rt-stable.aspx

Old 09-12-2013, 09:17 AM

411 posts, read 835,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCSteel View Post
OK, 12 year old. I am very in tune with solar,power and electric utilities. I have designed solar power systems. I am a registered professional engineer. I am a LEED AP. I work for a utility company. And, I can go on and on about my credentials. And, Fox does show the most unbiased news on this topic and most topics but what I talk about is not a talking point for anyone but myself and is based on facts, like Fox typically does and CNN and MSNBC do not. Fox certainly isn't perfect but they are 10 times better and more truthful than CNN, MSNBC and the main stream media.

California hedged there bets on solar and other things that were going no where. They spent a lot of money and have been heading toward bankruptcy for years due to their ultra liberal policies. Those are facts you can see just by looking at their economic numbers.

By your statements, I am guessing you are one of the many far left loons in this country that think the US is evil and is the cause of everything bad in this world. So, why don't you pack up and go move to Syria, Iran or one of the other countries it sounds like you support above the US.
Blah, blah, blah, people say something bad bout Fox so I say something vague about MSNBC and CNN tinking dat'er get em- dere no comback from dat, and den say FOX is like 10X better to seel deel, blah blah, cause I only understand world in black and white, blah blah. I don't like what you say so I say you hate country and need to pack up and move, blah!

Old 09-12-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
OK Rambo, I understand your misguided thought process but in cases where there is a preponderance of evidence, like our boys up in CT where the cops were outside when these two rocket scientists were running out of the burning house, execution should be swift and timely. When there is some sliver of doubt, we have appeals processes that go on for years. If after all appeals are exhausted, all the DNA has been tested, or the facts show guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, lets get the gurney out and serve the requisite final cocktail.
Look here, it is never going to be acceptable for the government to murder people, unless the people in question pose an immediate lethal danger to other people, and the more time that passes between the crime and the government murder the more sickening the whole even becomes, add to the your full admission that the government murder penalty is not even an effective deterrent and is only some sort of grand reward for the victim's family and friends and this whole affair becomes troubling indeed.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:49 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,543,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFisher View Post

U.S. Death Penalty Support Stable at 63%
I think we probably have different opinions on how we'd categorize the majority of Americans when it comes to ethics/culture/intelligence.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Oh yes, because we all know that murderers, rapists and pedos are all just soooo civilized and "cultured".
Since murders and rapists don't give people trials before they murder or rape, shall we just skip the trials all together and murder and rape them in the street?

A real estate agent and banker stole money from one of my associates, should my associate be permitted to simply skip the whole trial thing and instead just go murder the real estate agent's and banker's families?

Old 09-12-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
He's basically advocating for a system that only exists in barbaric societies that commit human rights atrocities. How civilized and cultured.....
If we don't have the death penalty Saudi Arabia, North Korea, China, Iran and Somalia will not think we're cool, murder is cool!

What the primitive people in the USA who enjoy the government murdering people don't seem to realize is that even Russia has outlawed the death penalty, and that the USA is the only nation in North and South America with a government that is consistently murdering its citizens. The last time Cuba executed somebody was over 10 years ago. Venezuela, a nation that Corporate America like to paint as super evil violator of human rights (because they no longer allow Corporate America to simply steal its resources) has not executed somebody since 1830. Yeah, 1830.

What the death penalty is really about is the government asserting its control over the population, that the corrupt vile government officials get to determine who lives and who dies. In the USA, the amount of cash you have in your pocket really determines how fair your trial will be. If you are poor and black and the police say you killed somebody you're already guilty, even evidence showing that at the time of the murder you were on a boat in the Persian Gulf will not help you.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:37 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,193,466 times

Quote:

U.S. Death Penalty Support Stable at 63%

Old 09-12-2013, 10:40 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,193,466 times
I have found a sure fire, never failing way of avoid the death penalty in this country.

DO NOT COMMIT CAPITAL MURDER.

The right to live another day must be withdrawn when you take the life of another human being.

Fair and square.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limehousemiller View Post
If we don't have the death penalty Saudi Arabia, North Korea, China, Iran and Somalia will not think we're cool, murder is cool!

What the primitive people in the USA who enjoy the government murdering people don't seem to realize is that even Russia has outlawed the death penalty, and that the USA is the only nation in North and South America with a government that is consistently murdering its citizens. The last time Cuba executed somebody was over 10 years ago. Venezuela, a nation that Corporate America like to paint as super evil violator of human rights (because they no longer allow Corporate America to simply steal its resources) has not executed somebody since 1830. Yeah, 1830.

What the death penalty is really about is the government asserting its control over the population, that the corrupt vile government officials get to determine who lives and who dies. In the USA, the amount of cash you have in your pocket really determines how fair your trial will be. If you are poor and black and the police say you killed somebody you're already guilty, even evidence showing that at the time of the murder you were on a boat in the Persian Gulf will not help you.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Yeah! Murder is so cool! YEAH!

Most of the support for the death penalty in the USA is based on lies and misinformation told by government officials.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
I have found a sure fire, never failing way of avoid the death penalty in this country.

DO NOT COMMIT CAPITAL MURDER.

The right to live another day must be withdrawn when you take the life of another human being.

Fair and square.
Your views would be right at home with government officials in Iran, China, Saudi Arabia and North Korea. Are you secretly a dictator or something? Yeah I dig what you are saying, murder is wrong but it is fine for the government to murder people if they feel like it.

The government can kill you for reasons other than murdering another person, brother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida