Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2013, 04:40 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,522,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
I am concerned that more and more people white and black and everyone else you can think of. We need to be less PC and tackle the real problems of this country.

The reason why amount of citizens (that means everyone) feels pressured is our industry is being shipped out side this country for cheap labor. We have record amounts of Illegals coming here displacing All Americans.

So much for globalization!

Its bad when grown adults is trying to make a adult wage at Burger King?? Would you like to be a Welder for $25.00 a hour or flip burgers for 8.25 per hour.

The other consideration is the Fed do not have endless money. It will stop and then we really got problems that I do not want to even type.

This Racism Card you offended people play is getting real thin!
Baby Boomers sent jobs away when they decided to buy the cheapest product they could find. You can find American made goods if you put a little effort in and are willing to pay a bit more.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:31 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Baby Boomers sent jobs away when they decided to buy the cheapest product they could find. You can find American made goods if you put a little effort in and are willing to pay a bit more.
Until the recent moto X, you couldn't find a smartphone built in this country. Still can't find a tablet that is

Old 08-17-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Until the recent moto X, you couldn't find a smartphone built in this country. Still can't find a tablet that is
What is your point? The topic is things that were built here decades ago and went away to other countries for cheap prices. There are not American made alternatives for every product. Some American made goods are not great quality either.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:49 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:

Let's not forget the Back Room deals the Fed made as well that allowed the so call trade deals go thru.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:00 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limehousemiller View Post
Fox News has really done a great job hammering those talking points into your head. Oh, please tell ah me more missa white man bout how dat great white man gonna save us poo black folk.

I love the conservative nonsense game of naming three black people and then pretending like they are the supreme leaders of the black community. Rev Wright and Rangel? Really?

No one is going to "Save You" unless the Black community starts taking steps, together, to curve what I going in Black Communities. It's like a Drunk who has hit rock bottom.

Well then I do see the black community in force and together to tell Sharpton, Rangel, and Rev Jackson to find anther line of work. Don't get so a fended, and surprise, that folks are willing to blow throw this "I am a victim of a failed sociality"

You are correct the Black conservative Movement is gaining ground and is proposing choice and direction . I applaud them for being brave and going against the establishment.

What I am really happy to see is these same groups are banding together to have a voice against Illegal Immigration. These Immigrants are in effect lowing wages and taking jobs from all Americans.

At least Fox News Addresses the Issue instead Ms. Maddow or Chris Mathews blame someone else. Worse not even be objective to the real problems.
For the record, Bill O'Rielly donated 25 K to Sharpton's charity in NY.

You may not like my post, but I hope you understand that I know Black American has to address its own problems without interference from outsiders. I hope and you will find people will help people once let them.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:27 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
What is your point? The topic is things that were built here decades ago and went away to other countries for cheap prices. There are not American made alternatives for every product. Some American made goods are not great quality either.
I was responding to your original comment:

Quote:
you seem to contradict yourself when you imply that you can find american made goods if you put in effort and are willing to pay more, yet you then say that such goods are not always available or of good quality.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
I was responding to your original comment:

you seem to contradict yourself when you imply that you can find american made goods if you put in effort and are willing to pay more, yet you then say that such goods are not always available or of good quality.
No. I was simply saying there is not a quality alternative to every foreign made product. A cell phone has no history going back decades.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:28 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,655,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
.... When will Florida become like other educated, cultured, sophisticated states like New York, Massachusetts, California, Washington state, Maryland, etc etc.

FL needs to drop the whole "south" and "trailer park" vibe it's got going and adopt a more wordly, sophisticated one.

amirite? or amirite?
I think what he meant was stuff like getting rid of the electric chair, which is still in use here.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:32 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
FL ceased using "Old Sparky" in 1999 and went lethal injection, though the electric chair can be requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles20 View Post
I think what he meant was stuff like getting rid of the electric chair, which is still in use here.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:13 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
FL ceased using "Old Sparky" in 1999 and went lethal injection, though the electric chair can be requested.

Interesting thought.

It was my impression that they were having problems using "Old Sparky", ie, setting the heads of the executionee on fire, or requiring too many electrical zaps to kill them. It was considered cruelty to let this go on, so they switched to lethal injection, believing that would be less painful and wouldn't take as long.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to be electrocuted, even if the chair is in good working order and its a quick and lethal zap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida