Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 05:55 AM

641 posts, read 1,024,220 times

Advertisements

Stop driving with your hazard lights on in the rain, hazard lights are for STOPPED VEHICLES ONLY, the only exception to this rule is a funeral convoy.

Is this a Florida thing? because I have only seen this moronic behavior here and most of the time the people doing have a I <3 NY bumper sticker...

Old 08-20-2013, 05:57 AM

4 posts, read 6,338 times
" Rain does not equal hazard lights! "

It does to idiots.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:05 AM

27,312 posts, read 44,309,939 times
It is actually against the law here which in my opinion is kind of backwards, like many Florida laws. The alternative suggested is that everyone pull over and wait it out in heavy rain conditions, because having umpteen cars trying to negotiate the aggressive drivers from a dead stop off the side of the highway seems like a really good idea....not. Increasing vehicle visibility in conditions where seeing is a problem seems like a good idea given the aggressive driving techniques of many drivers here. I'd rather risk the ticket than have some tailgating yahoo ram me from behind.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:14 AM

503 posts, read 1,209,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
It is actually against the law here which in my opinion is kind of backwards, like many Florida laws. The alternative suggested is that everyone pull over and wait it out in heavy rain conditions, because having umpteen cars trying to negotiate the aggressive drivers from a dead stop off the side of the highway seems like a really good idea....not. Increasing vehicle visibility in conditions where seeing is a problem seems like a good idea given the aggressive driving techniques of many drivers here. I'd rather risk the ticket than have some tailgating yahoo ram me from behind.
My feelings exactly.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:25 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,229,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David223 View Post
My feelings exactly.
Mine, too. I mentioned in the Tampa thread that I used my hazard lights in HEAVY rain to warn the maniac drivers to stay away from me. Now it seems I should just pull over so one of them can plow into me.

People complain about those who drive cautiously in the rain, but my beef is with those who find rain an excuse to transform into aggressive road maniacs.

I appreciate those who slow down and drive cautiously in the rain, it makes things safer for everyone.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:23 AM

641 posts, read 1,024,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Mine, too. I mentioned in the Tampa thread that I used my hazard lights in HEAVY rain to warn the maniac drivers to stay away from me.
what if you have to make a turn? how do you signal?

Old 08-20-2013, 08:52 AM

411 posts, read 835,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
Stop driving with your hazard lights on in the rain, hazard lights are for STOPPED VEHICLES ONLY, the only exception to this rule is a funeral convoy.

Is this a Florida thing? because I have only seen this moronic behavior here and most of the time the people doing have a I <3 NY bumper sticker...
No, it is not just a Florida thing, brain dead morons do this everywhere all over the world. It is similar to the moronic fools that drive around with their parking lights on instead of their headlamps. People who use their vehicle's lights improperly or not at all should be prohibited from driving for one year and be forced to take a year long class focusing on the proper use of lights.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:18 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,202,564 times
Frankly, I prefer the 4-ways on in heavy rain, stop and go conditions, I want the attention of that idiot on the phone and being up on top of you. I believe they are attention getter's and prevent more than cause collisions. Anyone have the stats on that? Anyone know how "other states" handle it?

/
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post

Old 08-20-2013, 09:32 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,442,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Frankly, I prefer the 4-ways on in heavy rain, stop and go conditions, I want the attention of that idiot on the phone and being up on top of you. I believe they are attention getter's and prevent more than cause collisions. Anyone have the stats on that? Anyone know how "other states" handle it?
There is nothing mentioned however courteous, about hazard signals being required nor suggested for inclement weather safety in California.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:59 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,510,975 times
Most truckers who are going well below the speed limit will have their 4 way flashers on..
Also if i get subjected to one of those blinding rain showers i'll turn on the 4 way flashers till i can safely exit the road until the rain abates, if that makes me an (posts 1-2)idiot/moron tough
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida