Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 06:18 PM

2,962 posts, read 5,002,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Exactly.

Many voters did not use any common sense in 2008 and 2012 and look what we got.

Many are afraid because they do not know what is coming in the years to come.

I dont think we can dig ourselves out of the hole we have got ourselves into with some of the current leaders we have.

I am not a Scott fan myself, but lets be fair. Liberals dislike him why?

Lets change it to the word dislike, maybe that fits better.

Afraid also can be used because they cannot get by with their lib agenda in Florida with him in power.
And how was 2000-2008 any better? As for Scott, his agenda is decidedly right of center. That would most likely upset a liberal. It seems Crist is ahead in the polls. How will Crist winning play into your scenario?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 06:28 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,655,674 times
Lets face it, Voldemort doesn't have a dying chance at winning next year. Crist 2014!

Old 12-08-2013, 06:34 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,013,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Since Rick Scott made a promise to the State of Florida regarding job creation, and he is running for governor, he is the subject of the article (not Obama). If the governor has little to do with jobs, then you are saying that Rick Scott lied when promising that he could do so?
Yes. Politicians lie all the time. Gitmo was suppose to be closed. How about that immigration reform. Oh and "If you like it, you can keep it, PERIOD." Lying is what politicians do best. And sometimes its not a lie its just failed plans. The thing is people actually think politicians have magical abilities to create jobs, so if you are running for office and don't talk about it you wont win. The market and economy has much more to do with job creation than politicians have. I guess if anyone can actually control jobs its the Fed and Congress. governors, not so much, and they still need their legislators to approve anything anyway.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:22 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,337,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles20 View Post
Lets face it, Voldemort doesn't have a dying chance at winning next year. Crist 2014!
He'll win before someone who can flip-flop on a dime

Old 12-09-2013, 05:24 AM

641 posts, read 1,021,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post

Honestly the President or Governor have little to do with what jobs come and go. What is more important to look at are what he has passed and vetoed, what the state budget looks like.
You just contradicted yourself here.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Exactly.

Many voters did not use any common sense in 2008 and 2012 and look what we got.

Many are afraid because they do not know what is coming in the years to come.

I dont think we can dig ourselves out of the hole we have got ourselves into with some of the current leaders we have.

I am not a Scott fan myself, but lets be fair. Liberals dislike him why?

Lets change it to the word dislike, maybe that fits better.

Afraid also can be used because they cannot get by with their lib agenda in Florida with him in power.
Well the economy is getting better under this "*******" government, and if you are scared about Florida becoming liberal, move to Texas, or Wyoming. They're all yours.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
I think it's obvious you would never vote for any Democrat.
You have chosen a side and vote like you're cheering at a football game. And then call voters, who may or may not vote with their conscience, idiots or suckers...
Yeah, he is really offending the majority of voters there.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:57 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,938,929 times
It seems people have "taken sides" (against their fellow Americans no less) and will say or believe anything as an attempt to "win". I'm not for Democrats or Republicans, Conservatives or Liberals. I am for America and Americans. I am for freedom, equality, and respect. It seems that last one is missing the most these days.

If you don't like people because they're white, black, female, gay, straight, Christian, etc. that's your business. Whatever your pet group to hate on is, the fact that you hate is detestable. And before anyone rebuts that disagreeing is not hate, I will admonish you to realize your own point. Disagreement does not equal hate, but spreading lies or half truths, using insulting terms and pejorative names, or attempting to restrict the freedoms of someone who is not hurting anyone is hate. I can disagree with you and not hate you. The minute you try to demonize or slander me, hate has been revealed.

As for Rick Scott, I think he really wants what is best for Florida and that he wants to do a good job. I disagree with his views and methods. It doesn't make him a bad person or evil or anything like that. We can all move forward at a better rate if we stop polarizing everything and get back to civil relations.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:49 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,853,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post

As for Rick Scott, I think he really wants what is best for Florida and that he wants to do a good job. I disagree with his views and methods. It doesn't make him a bad person or evil or anything like that. We can all move forward at a better rate if we stop polarizing everything and get back to civil relations.
I admire your optimism, but Rick Scott is a carpetbagger who is only in it for Rick Scott. The biggest reason why he's so anti-health care reform is because his HCA hospitals (still gets his welath from there even if the shares are technically in a blind trust) are soon to face huge reductions in Medicare reimbusrements because they link payments not to procedures performed but to patient outcomes, and HCA has a long history of not only fraud but also poor patient outcomes in the name of higher profits.

Obamacare is going to hit his pocketbook hard because he built a business based on cutting corners in the name of pumping up stock price.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:28 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,337,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
I admire your optimism, but Rick Scott is a carpetbagger who is only in it for Rick Scott. The biggest reason why he's so anti-health care reform is because his HCA hospitals (still gets his welath from there even if the shares are technically in a blind trust) are soon to face huge reductions in Medicare reimbusrements because they link payments not to procedures performed but to patient outcomes, and HCA has a long history of not only fraud but also poor patient outcomes in the name of higher profits.

Obamacare is going to hit his pocketbook hard because he built a business based on cutting corners in the name of pumping up stock price.
http://hcagulfcoast.com/about/newsro...a-hospitals-as
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: