Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2007, 08:20 PM

57 posts, read 233,450 times

Advertisements

While I have brought this up in a couple of other threads I thought I would start a new one that was more specific. Looking for rental homes on the internet I have seen many in Heron Creek for $1,500 and under with pool that seem very nice. However, I do have three young children and do not want to feel out of place. My son loves to talk to our neighbors now and not sure how well that would go over in a retirement community. Looking at the site for Heron Creek they talk alot about schools, family and development. So.............can some one living down there tell me, what's the deal? Another option that has been mentioned to us on this site is the Rotunda/ Englewood area. Right now we are very confused and have very little time to research before we make the move as my job starts in a few weeks. Any comments and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 05:21 AM

1,024 posts, read 3,347,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3tsabo View Post
While I have brought this up in a couple of other threads I thought I would start a new one that was more specific. Looking for rental homes on the internet I have seen many in Heron Creek for $1,500 and under with pool that seem very nice. However, I do have three young children and do not want to feel out of place. My son loves to talk to our neighbors now and not sure how well that would go over in a retirement community. Looking at the site for Heron Creek they talk alot about schools, family and development. So.............can some one living down there tell me, what's the deal? Another option that has been mentioned to us on this site is the Rotunda/ Englewood area. Right now we are very confused and have very little time to research before we make the move as my job starts in a few weeks. Any comments and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I won't keep giving advice, as I have responded to your other posts...just one thing to remember. If you rent...you are not stuck in a neighborhood. Right now, renters hold a lot of cards. Try signing a 6 month, with the intent to go longer. This could help with your situation of getting your feet wet in a neighborhood prior to committing. (for your child's sake). Right now, any landlord would most likely take that. Try negotiating the rental amount etc. Truly, it couldn't hurt down there. Heron is more retirement, but it's the closest to the shopping AND the area you'll be working. It might be worth doing since renting is never set in stone.

I hope you get some good advice from someone down there. We are still moving and adopting our young child. See you down there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: