Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 08:25 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,343,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3tsabo View Post
OK, after three days down here the problem I notice is you have such a variety of drivers. In DC they would all drive fast, in PA they all seemed to drive to slow, around here you have people doing 90 mph and just as you pass them you have the people doing 35 on a main highway, kinda gives you that obstacle course impression. Can't complain though, as long as the traffic is moving it beats the heck out of Baltimore/ DC market!
Yes, it definitely beats the bumper cars on the snowy icy roads. If you can go 90 miles per hour all year long...I say....bring it on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 08:41 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,603,566 times
Default One more

When driving in the merge lane onto an expressway, speed up and don't look, you have the right of way!

Funny post, but sadly much of it is true.

Old 12-25-2007, 03:47 PM

48 posts, read 140,779 times
Driving in Broward It seems people make decisions out of desperation or selfishness(i.e. realized too late they gotta make that turn and end up cutting you off on the left hand heading south @ sr 84 and flamingo). But as soon as I hit Miami the driving is completely different.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:20 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,526,608 times
You forgot these rules: When merging on too I-75 -I-4 or I-95 on the on ramp you are suppose too slam on your breaks,"STOP" stick your head out the window, watching out you don't break the antenna off your cell phone too see if theirs any cars or semi's then abruptly speed up and not using your turn signals jump into the far left lane and slow down.
When turning into the mall for that sale you should tail gate the car in front of you for at least 6-8 blocks then rocket past that car slam on your breaks and take a half hour too make the turn into the parking lot.
When backing out of your parking spot,just throw it in reverse!!!
When pulling up too a toll booth pull as far too the right as possible,this way you can open your door and then look for your change too drop in the basket holding every one up.
When driving on the interstate make sure you straddle that center line so no one can pass you.
And if you have those huge hunking boomer speakers turn them up till the blood flows from your ears,because we want ever one too know how cool you are....

Old 12-26-2007, 06:11 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,682,160 times
This thread should be on the Charleston, SC forum because I see this stuff happening more and more everyday. I frequently say to myself "Where do these people get their license?" We were in FL this past summer and felt right at home. lol

Last edited by Luvsdabeach; 12-26-2007 at 06:20 PM..

Old 12-26-2007, 11:20 PM

21 posts, read 72,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
10. Always slow down and rubberneck when you see an accident or even someone changing a tire. This is seen as a sign of respect for the victim.
that is HILARIOUS

Old 12-31-2007, 06:44 AM

265 posts, read 665,188 times
Rubbernecking is not limited to Florida. The interstates are broken,
busted, disfunctional; anything you want to call them.
People are not suppose to speed along at 70 MPH and come to a complete stop without a good reason.
Idiots that brake every so often on the interstate for...let's see...someone
changing their tire....worker area ( nearly the entire state of Georgia on 95)
Even though there is not even a remote reason to slow down considerably or stop; they do it and a whole line of traffic brakes or stops.
These people need their eyes and mental capacities tested again.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:50 AM

36 posts, read 107,119 times
Don't forget the windshield wash, it's your best defence against tailgaters.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:39 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,603,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatguy View Post
Don't forget the windshield wash, it's your best defence against tailgaters.
Especially if the tailgater is driving a motorcycle. ROFL

Old 12-31-2007, 09:44 AM

26 posts, read 27,378 times
And dont forget to pass me and get in front of me like you are in a big hurry, only to turn right at the next light, so now I have to apply mad break pressure to stop for you. Couldnt you of just got behind me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida