Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 10:28 AM

975 posts, read 3,731,074 times

Advertisements

oh, Cramer's a complete waste of space. And don't forget his fellow huckster Larry Kudlow, the cokehead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
Dude, have you seen that video they did on Youtube, of this joker kramer? Someone took videos from say 6 months apart. The first couple of months in this video, it shows how kramer was saying all the economist were wrong and how the housing market was peachy keen. Then when things were overly apparent that the housing market was finished he changes to mimic what every one else is saying (main stream media i mean). This guy Kramer is no visionary and definitely not someone to be followed in financial matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 10:37 AM

518 posts, read 2,226,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
This guy Kramer is no visionary and definitely not someone to be followed in financial matters.
Kramer has a big, loud voice and a prominent forum on CNBC and in other media outlets. But as far as making market predictions, his crystal ball isn't any more reliable than anyone else's, including the average guy on the street. It's best to focus on putting together a diversified portfolio that will hold up in all types of market conditions and perform well over the long term.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:31 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,035,416 times
Default Cynic by nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW47 View Post
what about trump? We may like him or not, but he has made billions in real estate and is considered an expert. on cnn last week he said this:

"two years ago I'd speak and tell people don't go into real estate now. The market was too strong. Today however, NOW is the time to buy real estate. You can make great deals today with big fat discounts. Then rent it for a while until the market gets better." Trump

As much as I would like to attach validity to "the Donald" and his words of wisdom, I am very skeptical of the advice to buy real estate now from a person who stands to lose millions with a poor real estate market. Besides Realtors attempting to parlay their wares, who would want to deny a real estate downturn more?

Old 12-20-2007, 03:01 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,906,187 times
Kramer kills me. He's wrong most of the time but people like to have him yell about what he thinks. I guess its good TV. But on the real note people won't be able to sell homes if most of the buyers can't get a loan. Most real lenders are reluctant to lend money now. With all the sellers wishing someone would take the loss off thier hands and the appraisals fitting the home. I just don't see it. But I'm not Jim Kramer and its not 2003.
http://washingtontimes.com/article/2...916712885/1006

Old 12-21-2007, 01:14 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,906,187 times
This was one of Kramer's picks!
Hovnanian Enterprises Inc.’s fiscal fourth-quarter loss nearly quadruple,
Its fourth-quarter net loss of $7.42 per share after paying preferred stock dividends compares with a loss of $117.9 million, or $1.88 per share, for the same period a year ago.

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071219/BUSINESS/71219022/1075 (broken link)

Old 12-21-2007, 03:25 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
* In January 2006, Joseph Nocera opined that the "people who are watching [Mad Money] and following [Cramer's] advice are fools." [2]

* In February 2007, Henry Blodget -- himself indicted for civil securities fraud in 2002 and banned for life from the securities industry -- criticized Cramer for overstating his abilities as a market forecaster, noting that in 2006 Cramer's suggested portfolio lost money "despite nearly every major equity market on earth being up between about 15 percent and 30 percent." [24]

* In March 2007, a review by CXO Advisory showed that Cramer's stock picks have done worse than the market averages.[25]

* In March 2007, Joseph Parnes, a noted short seller featured in Barron's, refuted positions by Cramer on CNBC, and has shown to his audience in his publication, Shortex, that using positions contrary to Cramer's recommendations is actually more advantageous.

* In April 2007, Credit Bubble Stocks criticized Cramer because of a speech he gave on February 29, 2000, at the height of the dot-com bubble, recommending a number of speculative stocks that ultimately fell in value substantially with some even becoming worthless.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:44 PM
LM1

833 posts, read 998,462 times
Nothing to add to this thread that hasn't already been said.

Just chalk me up as another one who realizes that Kramer is an idiot and his advice is usually terrible.

Old 12-22-2007, 05:27 AM

630 posts, read 1,874,529 times
CNBC fired Dan Dorfman many years ago when it came to light that he was profiting from the stocks he was schilling on the air,Kramer gets by doing this with "full disclosure" statements,but lets be real,he's the Morton Downey jr. of the investment world,if you "churned " your portfolio as much as he advised,any profits you made would get eaten up by commisions anyway,HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Old 01-19-2008, 07:04 PM

923 posts, read 3,094,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW47 View Post
Did anyone see this, this morning? He was saying that anyone not buying real estate now or within the next 6 months is a fool~ what do you all think? I think I agree~
I don't think we need Jim Kramer to tell us that !! COMMON SENSE....
If you have a couple bucks, the housing market is really low, interest rates
on savings and the such are nothing. Buy a house, rent it, live in it, or just
sit on it and guaranteed within two years you will make more money than in
a 2% savings account in the same time period

Old 01-20-2008, 07:05 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Default something additional to consider.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkotb View Post
I don't think we need Jim Kramer to tell us that !! COMMON SENSE....
If you have a couple bucks, the housing market is really low, interest rates
on savings and the such are nothing. Buy a house, rent it, live in it, or just
sit on it and guaranteed within two years you will make more money than in
a 2% savings account in the same time period
The vacancy rate is at an all time high... renters who generally are younger and without enough money for down payments have a higher rate of unemployment. (no renters) In addition many banks are not even making loans in some area's unless you are owner/occupied. Easy to get around... but the message is clear, too many investment properties are empty.

However there are some incredible deals especially in the 'foreclosure market. The basis economic premise of "buy low sell high still" is the guiding principle of any market, but local banks and many other mortgage lenders are giving the stink eye to investors who do not invest in real estate as a "core business".

There are area's in Florida where market conditions are positive, but that is the exception not the rule.
If I were giving advise for real estate investment I'd look towards a mutual fund in the real estate market, if that is where your heart is taking you... but for me, still to much risk as an investment.

If you looking for a "home" not a house, and intend to stay, and this will be your primary residence... then this market has great bargains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida