Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2008, 06:23 PM

3 posts, read 9,397 times

Advertisements

have just moved to Boynton Beach from DC. I barely know my way around here.My niece will be visiting at the end of February from Israel. She is 22 years old. Can anyone give me ideas on what to do with her besides shopping and eating?

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

SK62
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 06:43 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,034,882 times
Butterfly World is a very cool place. It's not too far from you, right by the Festival Flea Market.

Vizcaya, in Miami, is outstanding. Go there, and then hang out in Coconut Grove.

Don't forget you are near the Everglades National Park.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:45 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,916,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibylle View Post
have just moved to Boynton Beach from DC. I barely know my way around here.My niece will be visiting at the end of February from Israel. She is 22 years old. Can anyone give me ideas on what to do with her besides shopping and eating?

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

SK62
The beach would be fun. Orlando is a short ride (only a few hours) from Boynton Beach. I still love Disney and I am 42 years old. If she likes thrill rides Islands of Adventure (Universal) has great rides and Sea World is always appealing.

If she is into the arts the Kravis Center may be having an enjoyable show. There are also outdoor concerts at Mizner Park in Boca Raton in the Winter. Citlyplace also has outdoor concerts. I think you can find out specific dates on the websites.

If you like to gamble there are those one day cruises from Fort Lauderdale.

Cape Canaveral is not that far.

Good luck.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:19 PM

445 posts, read 1,683,466 times
Default what to do..

If you can get down near Miami and stay a night with her that might be fun to cover south beach, coconut grove etc.

City Walk near the Kravis center is nice. Mizner park is great for walking around in, all near Boca.

Going North you have Orlando and the streets of Lake Worth, just hope she doesnt want to purchase too much.

Bhatzlacha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida