Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2016, 11:22 AM

4,949 posts, read 3,055,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
It really only effects the west coast from Cedar key to around Naples. Showers start to pop up inland around 8 to 20 miles and move away from the west coast toward the east coast. So people right on the gulf coast like where i live get almost no rain and a solid sunshine while we are in a reverse west windflow So people on the east coast of FL see strong T- storms with this reverse west windflow pattern.

Now back in the 1940s thur the 70's we would see what was our normal southeast windflow pattern where T - storms would pop up around 30 miles east of the west coast and move toward the west coast giving people living on the gulf a good chance of rain around 430pm till around 8pm. Since the mid 80's our weather pattern has changed to where we see a reverse west windflow 85% of the summers.

So people living inland see much rain than i do each summer since i am right on the gulf. Now with massive weather changes around the planet and a displaced high pressure system that stays south of the Tampa area axis we will never again see our old normal summer time pattern.

Our winters also have seen a rapid warm up since the late 80's. Due to massive ice melt it has changed sub surface sea currents that have displace weather systems around the planet. Parts of FL will see less and less rainfall over the next 20 years and will we also see freak rain events like we saw last summer when i had 30" of rain in 16 days and almost no rain the rest of the summer.

Nothing can be done to stop what is to come.
Even up until 2000 or so, I could almost set the watch to those storms developing inland and heading straight for Bonita Beach etc. And they were the best electrical storms I have ever seen, would spend hours watching them over the Gulf. Now when I look at your local radar in July, I see a very disorganized interaction of land and sea breeze. A more localized event, as opposed to the solid lines of storms that used to affect 3 counties simultaneously.

Interesting comments you have made, and accurate. We of course are in a transitional el nino to la nina pattern, last 2 of which occurred in 1988 and 1995. Both previous years resulted in above average tropical activity and deadly heat waves up north.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 11:55 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,511,211 times
Quote:
You need to get it thru your head no other place on the planet has our reverse west windflow pattern. That is all thanks to a nasty 86 to 91 gulf water temps and a displaced high pressure system with the axis south of the Tampa area. No other place on this planet or any other planet has this kind of weather pattern. And ya some places are hotter for sure and just as humid. But to here you say it, it just fat people that are crying about the heat and humidity. I was doing yard work this am and hating it, but i am not fat.
Whining about having to do a little yard work when it's hot and humid ? Man,you may not be fat but you sure are soft.

I could take you to somewhere in Greece when it's over 100 degrees and you wouldn't find an old woman in her 80s wailing like a kid who has had his ass smacked.

If you think south of the Tampa area has a unique weather pattern found nowhere else on the planet you really are dumb.

Old 05-29-2016, 01:10 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Whining about having to do a little yard work when it's hot and humid ? Man,you may not be fat but you sure are soft.

I could take you to somewhere in Greece when it's over 100 degrees and you wouldn't find an old woman in her 80s wailing like a kid who has had his ass smacked.

If you think south of the Tampa area has a unique weather pattern found nowhere else on the planet you really are dumb.
You seem to be the dumb one. Where in the world did i ever say that there is a UNIQUE weather pattern south of the Tampa area? You also can't read.

Old 05-29-2016, 01:13 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
You need to get it thru your head no other place on the planet has our reverse west windflow pattern. That is all thanks to a nasty 86 to 91 gulf water temps and a displaced high pressure system with the axis south of the Tampa area. No other place on this planet or any other planet has this kind of weather pattern. And ya some places are hotter for sure and just as humid. But to here you say it, it just fat people that are crying about the heat and humidity. I was doing yard work this am and hating it, but i am not fat.
You had said you have no grass so what yardwork were you doing? Raking the sand?

I lived on the island of Okinawa for 21 months. The wind blew from the west over the East China Sea all the time.

Old 05-29-2016, 01:24 PM

5,025 posts, read 5,674,034 times
If consistency is what you desire, Tampa, Miami and Orlando are all among the 10 most consistent weather cities according to FiveThirtyEight. Another outside the box option might be Portugal/Spain abroad? Don't know how immigration policies are but housing should be bear market there and coastal cities enjoy similar climates to CA. As for El Paso, having visited once, it is what it is. Very affordable, more so than FL, very safe (in fact voted safest in the US), very dry (in fact dust storm while there), don't know how agriculture is. It's a small city but has just about everything you'd think of in terms of museums/culture/shopping/history/food (check T.A.), and is probably one of the best US cities for hiking. Nothing amazing really, but it has most things you'd want.

Old 05-29-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
You had said you have no grass so what yardwork were you doing? Raking the sand?

I lived on the island of Okinawa for 21 months. The wind blew from the west over the East China Sea all the time.
Pretty much. I did plant plenty of plants and flowers to replace the areas that did have sand and weeds. I can sure take pics showing the nice sand- dust if anyone wants to see. Don't know what a west wind Okinawa has to do with our local weather. It can rain 4" and my yard is bone dry within 4 days. Not eve really sand. More like dust.

Old 05-29-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
You seem to be the dumb one. Where in the world did i ever say that there is a UNIQUE weather pattern south of the Tampa area? You also can't read.
I read this in your post #115

" You need to get it thru your head no other place on the planet has our reverse west windflow pattern."

Yup,dumb alright.

Old 05-29-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
I read this in your post #115

" You need to get it thru your head no other place on the planet has our reverse west windflow pattern."

Yup,dumb alright.
I know your drunk about now. Again in the bold you quoted, WHERE DID I SAY SOUTH OF THE TAMPA AREA?

Old 05-29-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
I know your drunk about now. Again in the bold you quoted, WHERE DID I SAY SOUTH OF THE TAMPA AREA?
In the very next sentence.

That is all thanks to a nasty 86 to 91 gulf water temps and a displaced high pressure system with the axis south of the Tampa area. No other place on this planet or any other planet has this kind of weather pattern.

Keep digging.

Old 05-29-2016, 02:16 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Pretty much. I did plant plenty of plants and flowers to replace the areas that did have sand and weeds. I can sure take pics showing the nice sand- dust if anyone wants to see. Don't know what a west wind Okinawa has to do with our local weather. It can rain 4" and my yard is bone dry within 4 days. Not eve really sand. More like dust.
"No other place on this planet or any other planet has this kind of weather pattern" is why I mentioned a westerly, over warm water wind. There it really didnt matter where the wind came from, it was extremely hunid and hot in the summer. I lived a couple hundred yards from the beach and the breezes were no help there. Orlando feels the same way in summer.

Flowers and plants are more environmentally better than grass. Less fertilizers, no need to fire up a gas powered mower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida