Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 06:40 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,743,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
like cooper pipe that was just "laying around" ready to be discarded?
Cooper city pipe? You rarely see copper in any trash to be dumped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 12:46 AM

495 posts, read 2,328,578 times
Folks, its time to talk serious.

What are you doin to plan fer yore retirement?

I have been building this account fer my retirement fer years. It is a nonferrous scrap metal IRA. Everythin is aluminun, copper, brass or stainless steel. It wont rust so you dont need a shed to store it in. You can pile it up in the yard if'n the wife will let you-- and your kin wont steal it from you, but I gots a place in the deep woods were I store mine.

Lots of folks jus throws this scrap metal away. Wen I gets the chance I drive thru the neighborhoods in Gainesville on trash day and I usually find half a truck load set out fer the trash man before the day is done. Another good ID is to make friends wif the dump boss and sometimes he will let you pull out the good stuff frum the trash pile.

I used to bring it home and put it in my back yard but my Ex wouldnt have it, so now that I am single again, I gots this secret hidin place to store it wif no mean Exwife to mess up the project.

Now I gots a good truck and a good scrap babe, Mabel, to go junkin wif me. Aint nothing better than to leave Beaulaland wif yore truck empty on a clear country morning and come back thru the gate wif the truck full of old radiators, lawn chairs, outdoor grills, junk air conditioners and aluminun sidin wif country music on the radio and yore hound dog barkin and chasing the truck back to the trailer!

It jus dont get any better than that folks!

You is makin money doin what you love wif who you love. And yer hound dog,and your truck loves you too.

Wen I am ready to cash it out, I will build a pole barn with a ceement floor to process this scrap. I will set up my chop saw and get out the torches and clean the steel outa the good metal, separate it and grade it, then haul it down to the recyclin place and get paid.

I gots several accounts and they all is worth more every year and some of it is valuable artwork that is worth more than the scrap!

Them pictures below shows my winders account and my awnings account as well as the main account.

Is this a great country or what?

My winders account.

My awnings account.

My ETF junk fund.

Of course, them pitures wuz taken in the wintertime. Nowdays it is all growed over so my scrap is more secure frum my kinfolk takin some wen I aint lookin.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:18 AM

495 posts, read 2,328,578 times
If you dont think theirs gold in them thar junk piles or that my price on the Four Horses of the Apocolyse yard art is a mite steep, take a look at this!.

I wuz lookin fer some nice art to class up the trailer at one of them high falootin art sites on the computer. I wuz lookin fer sum velvet paintins of Elvis, or Elvis at the Last Supper or meybe a paintin of them dogs playin poker. I expected to pay top doller fer them as you gots to pay fer quality.

I had 50 dollars that I pulled out of my billfold sittin by the computer to buy this art.

An this is wut I found fer THIRTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS!

Sum feller who thinks mighty high of hisself made this creation which looks like a broke gate hinge, hangin on a bolt, wif two rusted out eye bolts a hangin down on a wire an he is askin THIRTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS fer it!

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2373/2334052457earthhangup34ks8.jpg (broken link)

Artist Name: Robert Carston Arneson
Category: Sculpture
Title: Earth Hangup
Signed: Unavailable
Size: 64"H x 7"W x 4"D
Medium: Ceramic
Material/Ground:
Style: Contemporary
Subject: Abstract/Modern
Created: Circa 1970
Price: $35,000
Ad Number: AAIG52457

Lordy! If this is worth that then I am richer than I ever knowed! If that is valuable art then I gots plenty of valuable art layin around the trailer that I will let go fer half that price!

I got buckets of rusty nails that I will let go fer a grand! I wuz gonna scrap out some ole lawn chairs but I thinks now I will put them in an art auction!

Old 07-15-2014, 07:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,017 times
Smile dumpster Diving laws in Fort myers

Does anyone know the laws for dumpster diving in fort myers/cape coral?

Old 07-16-2014, 05:50 AM

790 posts, read 1,267,909 times
Only state on CD with this thread, I can guarantee that LOL

Old 07-16-2014, 06:09 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,441,479 times
Be careful as some cities do have laws against dumpster diving. Depends on how up-tight the cities are.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:41 AM

192 posts, read 375,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnix View Post
usually for things i can use. Like bank statements etc

lmao!!!

Old 07-16-2014, 02:44 PM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times
Some times what you need is right there! My daughter in law dives for newspaper coupons. You should see the garage wall, she can have her own mini store. I look for furniture- usually give away to some one in need. I thought I was the recycle lady one year.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:53 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,072,821 times
No dumpsters in my area but the trash pickers with pick up trucks drive around my sub division every Monday night. [Tues is trash day] They take anything metal or things that might have value for re-sale.
I placed an old bike next to my trash barrel and it was gone in 30 minutes.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:39 AM

1 posts, read 2,866 times
We do we are about 2 hours from panama city Florida most our finds are from office depot amd ga,estop only 2 stores in our little area but good finds new stuff still in box. Would like to go to panama city for a good run i guess typical weekend is best time right dumpstas full for picking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida