Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 09:09 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Did you sell your house or were you a renter in Florida?
Renters I cringe for there was a time when we came close to buying here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 10:18 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Renters I cringe for there was a time when we came close to buying here.
Us, too.

FaithfulFrank: If that happens, I will meet you at the Tennessee state line.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:47 PM

182 posts, read 780,287 times
i left long island ny 13 yrs ago . .specifically because i was SICK AND TIRED OF SHOVELING , PARKING IN, DRIVING IN . .SNOW ..
I HATED IT . .
MY BEST FRIEND (LIVES IN UPSTATE NY WHERE THEY 'REALLY HAVE SNOW' ) SENT ME A 11X14 " PICTURE THAT SHE'D TAKEN OF HER YARD. . covered in snow . .just beautiful . .all pristine and dripping off the branches. . the way it should be seen .
NOT , yellow, brown, muddy, black . . ugh .

i keep that pic on my wall . .everytime someone says ' 'but don't you miss snow??' i point to the picture. . and say what i just said above. .

i think anyone who's moved here to so.fla and has STAYED for many yrs, will tell ya ,, they could care less if they ever see the stuff again .

have a merry christmas all .. snow or no snow

Old 12-01-2007, 10:53 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
I don't miss the snow. If I feel like I need to get close to it I can run down to MGM and check out the Christmas lights display where they have snow blowers on the roof.

I don't care if I EVER see real snow again. I can tell you for sure that I NEVER want to be that cold again.

I would be happy to have a barbeque and sit by the pool on Christmas day if I could.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:30 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,646,498 times
oh my gosh! i just moved here and had NO IDEA it wouldnt snow on christmas! yikes!
i guess christmas is ruined now!

Old 12-02-2007, 05:47 AM

497 posts, read 1,567,354 times
Well, we are expecting 12-18 inches of snow between tonight and tomorrow and I can tell you I look forward to the day when I can never have to look at a snowflake again unless it's on TV or in pictures. To top it all off it's the first snow of the year so idiots are going to forget how to drive in the snow and there will be more accidents than normal. Usually our first snow is only a couple inches which is bad enough but now we are going to get walloped for our first storm.

Also, our high temps yesterday only were in the low 20s and went into the teens pretty quick. We also had a heavy wind with that so the wind chills were well below zero. I have to admit when we do get big storms I do like it. It's fun to watch it come down and it's pretty for a few hours after the storm but then the snow turns brown and slushy and it's a pain really fast. Not to mention it's aggravating if you have to drive in it which I do because we don't get snow days off in the security business.

I also hate once all the leaves are off the trees and everything is brown and dead. I can't wait to live in an area that has palm trees and green grass and flowers all year round.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:02 AM

672 posts, read 906,160 times
Default I just sent card out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
This was one of the reasons I moved away.. Never saw snow till i was 24. Parents never took me up north to see snow although I begged them every year. My husband missed the snow terribly so it was a mutual decision. All my family who moved there complain that it doesn't feel like Christmas in South Fla. and I was sick of the old people writing to the Naples Daily News complaining that people were saying Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays and that they were offended. Give me a break
to my former neighbors in New York. The husband is Jewish and the wife is Catholic. They celebrate BOTH Hannauka and Christmas. I have always sent them a Happy Holidays card. I had a horrible time here in Naples trying to find a Happy Holidays card.

Should I have to send out two cards?

Old 12-02-2007, 06:12 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,536,485 times
IMHO, one card should suffice......I would write inside that you wish them both a blessed Christmas and Hanukah and hope they enjoy the special warmth that both of them bring.

I think that if I were in their situation I would appreciate that a friend cared enough to be that sensitive.

Frank D.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:15 AM

548 posts, read 541,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petertherock View Post
Well, we are expecting 12-18 inches of snow between tonight and tomorrow and I can tell you I look forward to the day when I can never have to look at a snowflake again unless it's on TV or in pictures. To top it all off it's the first snow of the year so idiots are going to forget how to drive in the snow and there will be more accidents than normal. Usually our first snow is only a couple inches which is bad enough but now we are going to get walloped for our first storm.

Also, our high temps yesterday only were in the low 20s and went into the teens pretty quick. We also had a heavy wind with that so the wind chills were well below zero. I have to admit when we do get big storms I do like it. It's fun to watch it come down and it's pretty for a few hours after the storm but then the snow turns brown and slushy and it's a pain really fast. Not to mention it's aggravating if you have to drive in it which I do because we don't get snow days off in the security business.

I also hate once all the leaves are off the trees and everything is brown and dead. I can't wait to live in an area that has palm trees and green grass and flowers all year round.
Well our politics may be complete opposites, but our opinions on this issue are 100% the same.

We just went to visit the relatives in Mass. The cold, the gray, the no leaves, no flowers, the pale faces, the runny noses, the sore joints, the brown lawns.....yuck, it gave me a bad flashback to 30 years wasted up north.

Good luck with your move when you make it!

Old 12-02-2007, 06:20 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,646,498 times
i hope you can move to florida someday! snow reminds me of cactus: pretty to look at as long as you dont have to touch it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petertherock View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida