Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 10:50 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
remember when the media tried to trick voters to vote against trump because he would crash the stock market... LOL, the media is a joke these days. It will be interesting how 2020 pans out. Hopefully this time, the DNC doesnt give a candidate full control of the DNC a year before the primaries even start!
No, I remember Trump tried to trick voters by making up huge lies about Hillary Clinton, and assisted by Russian trolls. And he did fool them!

Trump is trying to make the media out to be the villainous enemies among us, the same way Hitler did with Jews.

It's not working with people who think for themselves and get their news from a wide variety of sources both inside and outside the country. And he is boosting newspaper readership as well as news viewing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 11:04 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
No, I remember Trump tried to trick voters by making up huge lies about Hillary Clinton, and assisted by Russian trolls. And he did fool them!

Trump is trying to make the media out to be the villainous enemies among us, the same way Hitler did with Jews.

It's not working with people who think for themselves and get their news from a wide variety of sources both inside and outside the country. And he is boosting newspaper readership as well as news viewing.
Not true, I saw so many posts on my FB from my hillary friends that would make a false statement about trump and then show. 15 second clip from a speech, but if you watched the full speech the context and meaning was clearly different.

What we know is the DNC gave hillary full control a year before the primary. The media has also become 99% opionated crap that is simply anti-trump. Nothing is fact based, it’s all opinions and emotions these days. I voted for Obama both elections and would do it again if I went back in time. I used to always consider mysef center left until the 2008 election. Democrats have gone so far left it’s scary imo. An illegal criminal who was deported 5x stole a gun and killed someone in an urban city and gets to go free. A drunk driver who simply gets pulled over gets more of a punishment. The only reason was because he is a brown illegal person. Anything for votes!

Old 12-04-2017, 11:16 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,188,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

Old 12-04-2017, 04:09 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
The attorney Lionel of Lionel Nation (Lionel is Michael William Lebron, Tampa born and raised) did a very good legal analysis of this incident and his take was that the prosecutor didn't prove his case to the jury. So it wasn't the jury's fault. They can only work with what they get. Now, whether or not the prosecutor deliberately botched the case, or how the judge instructed the jury, is another matter.

And given the fact that one of the members of the jury in the Robert Menendez corruption case had to ask the judge what a Senator is, I have no illusions about the US criminal justice system at all levels. Once you see it for what it is and accept that it has very little to do with justice and is more about protecting the criminal class from the citizenry by keeping the citizenry in line, and preventing the "little guy" from cutting in on their action, it's a whole different way of looking at it. That message was sent to the people by none other than James Comey and Loretta Lynch during the press appearance they made regarding the fact that they couldn't locate the wife or girlfriend of the guy who shot up the Pulse Nightclub in Orlando. They were smirking and couldn't have been more clear about it.

And have you ever been on a jury? All of a sudden it hits you, all these people in courtroom are being paid, and most of them quite handsomely, to be there and participate in the charade. The lawyers, the judges, the bailiffs, the court recorders, etc. The only people not being paid are the accused and the jury. And maybe some of the witnesses, although even many of them are receiving compensation. Meanwhile, most members of the jury don't get compensation from their employers and maybe even risk losing their jobs and have to pay for parking, gas, etc. to get there, while the judge and the lawyers blow a lot of smoke up the jury's behinds about justice and duty and how important they are to "the system". Still, you're better off than the accused. Maybe.

I'm over it. Once you realize that's how it is, the only thing to be outraged about is that you've been lied to about the purpose of "the system" since you were a little kid.
Very insightful

Old 12-04-2017, 04:11 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Not true, I saw so many posts on my FB from my hillary friends that would make a false statement about trump and then show. 15 second clip from a speech, but if you watched the full speech the context and meaning was clearly different.

What we know is the DNC gave hillary full control a year before the primary. The media has also become 99% opionated crap that is simply anti-trump. Nothing is fact based, it’s all opinions and emotions these days. I voted for Obama both elections and would do it again if I went back in time. I used to always consider mysef center left until the 2008 election. Democrats have gone so far left it’s scary imo. An illegal criminal who was deported 5x stole a gun and killed someone in an urban city and gets to go free. A drunk driver who simply gets pulled over gets more of a punishment. The only reason was because he is a brown illegal person. Anything for votes!
We also know plenty about Russia and trump, with much more to come.

Care to explain how trump treated Comey before and after the election, especially after the Russia investigation progressed? Why did trump fire Comey? Why did so many in Trump's posse have Russian connections that they subsequently lied about to the FBI?

DNC dirty laundry bothers me far less than Russian interference and possible collusion in the election. Russia is a hostile power regardless of how you or trump feel and Trump's complete idiocy and buffoonery on the global stage is probably making his puppetmaster, Putin, very very proud.

Trump can't criticize the white supremacists (who helped eject him) or help himself not tweet anti Muslim right wing propaganda. He's a nut job and the best thing Russia could have done as a party trick

Old 12-05-2017, 01:08 PM

459 posts, read 586,106 times
Seems all most idiots have to talk about is Trump and Trump bashing ... start your own damn threads ... what does it have to do with dead beat Puerto Rico moving to Florida? They will fit right in on the east side!

Old 12-05-2017, 01:14 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexLan View Post
Seems all most idiots have to talk about is Trump and Trump bashing ... start your own damn threads ... what does it have to do with dead beat Puerto Rico moving to Florida? They will fit right in on the east side!
not surprising as his popularity polls lately show him to be among the least popular in the history of the office, - you've got to expect the bashing.

as for your post about Puerto Ricans - they've a part of our country, they fight in our wars, I served with them during my military career - we've screwed them over by neglecting them after the hurricanes

Last edited by Sunscape; 12-08-2017 at 01:24 PM..

Old 12-05-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
not surprising as his popularity polls lately show him to be among the least popular in the history of the office, - you've got to expect the bashing.

as for your racist post about Puerto Ricans - they've a part of our country, they fight in our wars, I served with them during my military career - we've screwed them over by neglecting them after the hurricanes

OUR wars? What wars would those be? Oh, you mean the wars to benefit the banks and MIC. As far as I know, the US hasn't fought a defensive war since the War of 1812. Per Major General Smedley Butler, "War is a Racket":

https://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html

As far as "WE'VE screwed them over by neglecting them", speak for yourself. I've got nothing to do with it, and probably most here don't, either. However, if you're worried about it, you have the income and leisure time to help them out if you want to, as evidenced by the "What Did You Do Today" thread. Surely it would be more fulfilling than corporate sports spectating.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:51 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
OUR wars? What wars would those be?

WASHINGTON, Oct. 14, 2016 — As citizens of the United States, Puerto Ricans have participated in every major United States military engagement from World War I onward, with the soldiers of Puerto Rico’s 65th Infantry Regiment distinguishing themselves in combat during the Korean War.

https://www.defense.gov/News/Article...itary-history/

Old 12-05-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post

WASHINGTON, Oct. 14, 2016 — As citizens of the United States, Puerto Ricans have participated in every major United States military engagement from World War I onward, with the soldiers of Puerto Rico’s 65th Infantry Regiment distinguishing themselves in combat during the Korean War.

https://www.defense.gov/News/Article...itary-history/
Not disputing that those military actions took place, but they weren't OUR wars, buddy. They were bankers' wars, I hate to tell you. The banks, the MIC, those are the ones who benefit. Not me and not Puerto Ricans. Or anyone else not part of the MIC or the banks. And those are the entities who should be paying for you to scurry around Tampa Bay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida