Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 09:12 AM

8,952 posts, read 20,376,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Wait some of y'all actually like summer time temps in the winter? What is wrong with you people?!
These aren’t summertime temps we are/have been having! Summertime temps are hot, in the 90’s with lots of humidity!

How long have you lived here? We’ve been here since Jan 2009, so we really know how it gets here in Jax in the summer. One word really describes it.....sweaty!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2018, 09:23 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,421,534 times
A little too warm too soon imo.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:29 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,764,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
It's been in the low to mid 80s during the day, sunny... and mid 60s at night. I'm loving it. Now if we could only get it to stay like this for 12 months out of the year.. Love winter in FL
I wish it didn't get above 80 but it's better than the 40s or less overnight. It's been near record highs around 88 where I am. But there is less humidity so it's not too bad.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:48 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
More people may move here, but we are making plans on leaving. IOW, we've had enough! Thing is, some folks move here and love it, while others move here and end up not liking it and move back up north. To them, living in cold/snow is better than living in Florida. A lot of folks still endure "Old Man Winter" in different parts of the U.S. and don't complain about it.
The thing about northern winter is I can dress for it and seldom feel the cold. Florida on the other hand when you are down to shorts and a t shirt and you are still sweating theres not much you can do about it.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The thing about northern winter is I can dress for it and seldom feel the cold. Florida on the other hand when you are down to shorts and a t shirt and you are still sweating theres not much you can do about it.
So very true, but most here don’t care about “sweat”. One thing for sure, Florida is very “tropical”.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:26 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,964,842 times
I love the weather, came back recently from Chicago and I almost broke down crying I was so happy to be back in Florida weather.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:42 AM

233 posts, read 172,719 times
This February (2018) reminds me of December 2015. By the way the forecast is looking, we will not have a single cold front puncture February which is unusual. We at least have a couple chilly days in February.

For me, weather wise, this is perfect, I live in a condo on the beach. Windows/Doors open 24/7. Not running the AC at all. There were a couple days I was tempted (when the night time temperature wasn't falling below the 70s) but I reminded myself it was February and pretty soon it will be windows/door closed 24/7. So a wonderful thing happened? I'm now acclimated. Going to sleep now is a breeze.

Couldn't agree more if we could have this weather 12 months of the year. Sadly summer will be hotter, more humid, but more important of all - less breezy. I hear the sound of waves crashing every night, come summer, most nights I won't hear the ocean at all. It will be dead calm and sticky. For whatever reason, our winters are the windiest times of the year.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I love the weather, came back recently from Chicago and I almost broke down crying I was so happy to be back in Florida weather.
Glad to hear you like it here so much. We sure don’t, but that’s us.

Actually, there are lots and lots people in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and the Dakota’s that would’t think of moving to Florida, no matter how much snow falls or how cold it is.

Then again, people from those states don’t move to Florida to escape winter, the move south.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:12 AM

17,206 posts, read 15,404,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Exactly. The summers are long and brutal, and there's really nothing one can do about it.
Growing up in Montreal, the cold never really bothered me except for during EXTREME cold spells with high winds. We were outside playing at all hours for the most part in sub-zero temperatures. The key difference? We could clothe ourselves to protect from the cold.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:05 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Glad to hear you like it here so much. We sure don’t, but that’s us.

Actually, there are lots and lots people in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and the Dakota’s that would’t think of moving to Florida, no matter how much snow falls or how cold it is.

Then again, people from those states don’t move to Florida to escape winter, the move south.
I know plenty of people who moved to Orlando from Minnesota to escape winter lol. I grew up in Alaska and love Florida because I hated the cold winters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida