Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 07:58 PM

294 posts, read 233,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Ban true assault weapons. Wait they are banned. By the way when the Constitution went into effect you could own a cannon.

I am not against stiffer controls at all, just pointing out the arguments are fallacious in many ways. The problem is people. Fix that by more regulations and better action, such as the FBI and local police did not do in Parkland.

He had not broken any laws in all the visits they made at least from all that I have heard. If you want a country that grabs the guns and then does due process (like trump spouted off about) well that would be interesting and costly (from the lawsuits) I guess you think everything that was law when the Constitution was written is still the way things should be today.............you know like owning slaves and not allowing women to vote...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 08:25 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwuno View Post
He had not broken any laws in all the visits they made at least from all that I have heard. If you want a country that grabs the guns and then does due process (like trump spouted off about) well that would be interesting and costly (from the lawsuits) I guess you think everything that was law when the Constitution was written is still the way things should be today.............you know like owning slaves and not allowing women to vote...
No I do not believe such about the constitution so why create a false argument. By the way Slavery was not an original constitutional issue, so meaningless to bring it up as something I think. Ditto with grabbing all guns, which is impossible to do as criminals will always have them. That type of argumentation, twisting and adding to what I said, shows you have a problem dealing with the points.

Now he was reported for violence and saying he would be a mass murderer. The police and FBI are real culprits here as they did not do their job.

Law enforcement missed chances to arrest Parkland shooter | Miami Herald

The shooting would not have occurred if he had been arrested and his guns taken. They did not do it and this is not the 1st shooting in that area and yet they ignored this????

Old 03-26-2018, 08:39 PM

Your right.......lets just quit talking about it and it will go away. Lets do nothing but pray it will never happen again. Lets just tighten up our law enforcement people and laws that give them more powers. Lets arm teachers, ministers and people who work in retail and restaurants. Lets lead a campaign to get more people armed so we will have less violence in our lives. Maybe a tax credit for those who purchase an assault weapon because its just common sense that more guns = less violence.
And maybe some "education camps" that will teach those non believers the true way.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
No I do not believe such about the constitution so why create a false argument. By the way Slavery was not an original constitutional issue, so meaningless to bring it up as something I think. Ditto with grabbing all guns, which is impossible to do as criminals will always have them. That type of argumentation, twisting and adding to what I said, shows you have a problem dealing with the points.

Now he was reported for violence and saying he would be a mass murderer. The police and FBI are real culprits here as they did not do their job.

Law enforcement missed chances to arrest Parkland shooter | Miami Herald

The shooting would not have occurred if he had been arrested and his guns taken. They did not do it and this is not the 1st shooting in that area and yet they ignored this????
You need to read slower. I said nothing about grabbing all the guns......What I said was if there is someone that law enforcement sees as a possible threat then grab his guns and then give him due process. Did you not hear trump spout that one at his "gun summit" before he had his meeting with the NRA and they set him straight on how its going to be.

Old 03-27-2018, 04:33 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Read the news accounts of people running into crowds to kill? It is called mass murder.

Regulations do not stop more people being killed by cars than by guns.
You missed the point. Guns can be very effective mass murder tools. Cars can't. You still can't point me to an incident like Vegas where someone was able to kill 54 people with a car.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:48 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
You missed the point. Guns can be very effective mass murder tools. Cars can't. You still can't point me to an incident like Vegas where someone was able to kill 54 people with a car.
Not to mention many people are maimed or killed in car accidents but that isn't what cars are designed to do. Guns are designed for the sole purpose of incapacitating or killing. Also both vehicles and their drivers are licensed and regulated, if you demonstrate recklessness or incompetence while driving you can lose your driving privileges, none of that happens with guns. In most states you don't even have to know which end of the gun the bullet comes out of to walk into a store and buy one.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Not to mention many people are maimed or killed in car accidents but that isn't what cars are designed to do. Guns are designed for the sole purpose of incapacitating or killing. Also both vehicles and their drivers are licensed and regulated, if you demonstrate recklessness or incompetence while driving you can lose your driving privileges, none of that happens with guns. In most states you don't even have to know which end of the gun the bullet comes out of to walk into a store and buy one.
Correct, also no liability insurance needed to lawfully purchase and use a gun. It's ridiculous

Old 03-27-2018, 05:33 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Correct, also no liability insurance needed to lawfully purchase and use a gun. It's ridiculous

Incorrect. None of those regulations apply to simply own and use a vehicle. I can own any vehicle, modify it in any way, and transport it anywhere across the US to use as I please on any welcoming private or public property without any knowledge of vehicles, registration, insurance or licensing.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Incorrect. None of those regulations apply to simply own and use a vehicle. I can own any vehicle, modify it in any way, and transport it anywhere across the US to use as I please on any welcoming private or public property without any knowledge of vehicles, registration, insurance or licensing.
You are right......but it would be done illegally. Some people are watching way too much NRA/TV

Old 03-28-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
So you like to break the law. Got it. Just what we need... A law breaking gun nut
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida