Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 01:12 PM

42 posts, read 55,960 times

Advertisements

Pensacola, huge gay population, schools, night life, restaurants galore. Memorial day is LGBTQ WEEKEND
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 01:58 PM

42 posts, read 55,960 times
The Gulf Coast is great, but yes,,PCB, IS SO OLD AND YUCK!

Old 04-10-2018, 09:20 PM

4 posts, read 6,272 times
I have to agree with Kyle. Beach side is busy.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:51 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,904,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD* View Post
Panama city is literally a dump. Everyone knows its full of nasty trailers and rednecks. Its nickname is the Redneck Riviera. It has a nice beach, and thats about it.
Obviously you have not been to Panama City Beach in years, the beach has been in the middle of a growth and construction boom for the last 8 years or so. There still are some trailers but they cannot be replaced or have major renovations done on them so they are disappearing. PCB is now filled with new housing and apartment developments, Pier Park is an attraction on its own, it is the home of the two longest piers on the Gulf Coast. When a list of the top 5 beaches in the state of Florida are mentioned, PCB is always up toward the top.
On top of all of the above and more, Panama City Beach effectively killed Spring Break and is directing itself toward family visitors..

Old 04-11-2018, 07:32 PM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,141,935 times
It’s 2 hours away, I’ve been there like 30 times. Look around, outside of the beach, the culture is jacked up trucks and alcohol, confederate flags and lots of drug use. It’s a nasty town

Old 04-16-2018, 04:56 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,502 times
PCB thrives on tourism. In the summer it's packed with the residents of Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia. Middle income, and middle class, all looking for a good time. Mostly harmless. In the winter it's snowbirds from the northern US and Canada. Your campus is right on the edge of the " touristy area". PC is basically your southern beach town supporting it's neighbor PCB with banking and medical services. Again mostly harmless. North East of PC is Lynn Haven, basically a military town supporting Tyndall AFB. West of PCB is the 30A area which is a upscale beachside artsy/ touristy area. None of these areas I would consider icons of intellectual stimulation. On the other hand, none of these areas are a dump, as has been previously posted. I would say if you are happy in OKC then you would be happy here. You and your boyfriend will just have to work for your "comfort nugget". I'm sure your new friends you will meet on campus will be able to help. Good luck with your decision.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:25 AM

7 posts, read 10,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
PCB thrives on tourism. In the summer it's packed with the residents of Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia. Middle income, and middle class, all looking for a good time. Mostly harmless. In the winter it's snowbirds from the northern US and Canada. Your campus is right on the edge of the " touristy area". PC is basically your southern beach town supporting it's neighbor PCB with banking and medical services. Again mostly harmless. North East of PC is Lynn Haven, basically a military town supporting Tyndall AFB. West of PCB is the 30A area which is a upscale beachside artsy/ touristy area. None of these areas I would consider icons of intellectual stimulation. On the other hand, none of these areas are a dump, as has been previously posted. I would say if you are happy in OKC then you would be happy here. You and your boyfriend will just have to work for your "comfort nugget". I'm sure your new friends you will meet on campus will be able to help. Good luck with your decision.
Thanks for your positive post It's very much appreciated. I actually visited about a month ago. I really enjoyed it, and although it's not somewhere I would want to live long term, I definitely wouldnt mind living on that pretty beach for 2 years!! I was really liking the Lynn Haven area for housing. Again, thank you for your positive and not sarcastic post!!

Old 08-15-2018, 07:40 PM

565 posts, read 1,253,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD* View Post
Panama city is literally a dump. Everyone knows its full of nasty trailers and rednecks. Its nickname is the Redneck Riviera. It has a nice beach, and thats about it.

Tallahassee is a much better city in every regard.

Go to Tallahassee.

Wow - talk about broad generalizations! And totally incorrect. To the OP, I've lived in both PC and Tallahassee. Every city has its good and bad. If you like a city-wide 35 mph speed limit and THREE police agencies waiting to ticket you, go to Tallahassee. And it has its share of rednecks and trailers, too - it's only 100 miles away. There isn't a "redneck line" between these two cities.

PC isn't a dump; it's like any mid-sized Florida city. Good and bad areas. The beach and bay areas are very pretty with lots to do - boating, diving, fishing, etc., in the clearest water with the most sugar-white sand you've ever seen. If you like larger cities with what they have to offer - including their bumper-to-bumper rush hour traffic, homeless people, street walkers, and crime rates - go to Tampa Bay or Orlando. This poster stereotyping everyone there a redneck tells me more about him than the people in PC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida