Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 05:06 PM

58 posts, read 43,896 times

Advertisements

I'll shop at Publix even more than I already do. Tha ks for the heads up

Old 05-16-2018, 05:26 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Too bad liberals can't figure out every illegal coming here is labor that will undercut someone here legally for the same labor job.
they do all the hard work unskilled jobs that no one here wants to do. If they weren't in this country a tomato would cost you $5 and your roofing costs would triple as well as your landscaping and many other jobs.

Old 05-16-2018, 05:37 PM

17,184 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
they do all the hard work unskilled jobs that no one here wants to do. If they weren't in this country a tomato would cost you $5 and your roofing costs would triple as well as your landscaping and many other jobs.
Exactly. They're taking the hard labor jobs no one wants to do, except for illegals and drug users who prefer to be paid under the table.
They are not taking engineering and nursing jobs. They are not taking welding and machinist jobs. They are picking fruits in snake-infested fields under a blazing hot sun. They are mopping wet concrete around in a pre-formed pool deck so that your fancy underground pool can cost $50k instead of $125k.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:07 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Too bad liberals can't figure out every illegal coming here is labor that will undercut someone here legally for the same labor job.
Fake news.

Tell me again, who is picking tomatoes and shelling crabs in Maryland?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...n-they-n874041

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/05/u...ant-labor.html

Old 05-16-2018, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Exactly. They're taking the hard labor jobs no one wants to do, except for illegals and drug users who prefer to be paid under the table.
They are not taking engineering and nursing jobs. They are not taking welding and machinist jobs. They are picking fruits in snake-infested fields under a blazing hot sun. They are mopping wet concrete around in a pre-formed pool deck so that your fancy underground pool can cost $50k instead of $125k.
Dont try and tell a Trump supporter that though. They prefer fake news from faux news.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:25 PM

17,184 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Dont try and tell a Trump supporter that though. They prefer fake news from faux news.
To make things clear: I'm not defending nor condemning any of the politicians. Just expressing my views after reading some of the posts regarding illegals and "jobs."

Old 05-16-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
To make things clear: I'm not defending nor condemning any of the politicians. Just expressing my views after reading some of the posts regarding illegals and "jobs."
And I'm agreeing with you on it. It just seems that immigrants are turned into a boogeyman by certain groups on the right when the reality is far different.

Some of the biggest companies in this country were founded by immigrants

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...igrants-2017-2

Old 05-16-2018, 08:50 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
They are in far more jobs than agriculture. Taking many jobs that Americans do want.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:01 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
And I'm agreeing with you on it. It just seems that immigrants are turned into a boogeyman by certain groups on the right when the reality is far different.

Nothing wrong with Migrants unless they are illegal immigrants. Two different classes and not to be confused by intelligent people.

They take jobs Americans do want, not just Ag jobs. No boogeyman, just reality.

I had to end a Landscaping business I had in CA because my competitors hired illegals at $20.00 a day, worked sun up to sundown and 6 days a week. I hired Citizens who wanted the work, always paid over minimum wage, gave sick days off, had medical insurance and vacation time for them. My competitors would bid just below me, make more money for the owners of the business and drove Citizens out of the jobs. I quit and went into another Business.

Oh, I know a lot of citizens still doing lawn mowing, etc and making an easy $45.00 to $75.00 an hour. Not bad wages at all and the type Citizens like. The idea the illegals only do lowly jobs is a denigrating racist comment and arrogant as well. Many people do every job they are doing including in Ag.

They take jobs Americans do want.

For the few Ag jobs owners could not get enough Citizens for, we used to have an arrangement called Braceros. They we workers from other Countries who came in for that work only, legally, and left when it was done. No needed to stay in the Country the balance of the year.

Old 05-17-2018, 04:42 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:

They're only the "boogeyman" when speaking in Spanish with a Mexican or Central American dialect, while other races more/less get a free pass. You gotta love #maga hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: