Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 11:16 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteofSourCherry View Post
This is again another false dilemma, that you're parroting from pro-corporate news sources.

Let me guess, you're in favor of a minimum wage being raised to $15? How does that jive by allowing illegal low skilled immigration and turning a blind eye to them and their employers undercutting American labor laws?

The fact is, if *we* truly have a low skilled employee crisis (we don't) then we can simply allow more low skilled immigrants to immigrate here. But the ones who are caught (selfishly I may add) breaking our laws - they need to be deported without a pity given.

I was recently in Iceland - they have a high standard of living, high wages, and high prices for produce. They get by just fine. If that's our destiny, so be it.

I should add, most farming is automated these days.
Sounds like someone watches too much faux news. Automation is nowhere near where it needs to be to obviate the need for farm workers.

If right wingers cracked down on employers and created common sense immigration policy for workers to do jobs that citizens won't do, we would solve problems overnight

Old 05-17-2018, 11:21 AM

122 posts, read 91,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Because I can see both sides of the issue and it's not just black and white.
There is really a black and white stance on this issue. No one should support illegal immigration undercutting American labor laws and regulations. Your position that they contribute to the economy is a thinly veiled form of trickle down economics - just in another name.

Quote:
Illegals are not taking jobs away from Americans who want to do that job for that pay, or don't want to do those hard labor jobs, period. saying illegals are bad is like saying "fire...bad".
Yes, they're. The reason employers hire illegal immigrants is to get around American labor regulations.

Quote:
The drug crisis is much worse than the illegal problem and no one is talking about putting walls around them.
Whataboutism.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Sounds like someone watches too much faux news. Automation is nowhere near where it needs to be to obviate the need for farm workers.

If right wingers cracked down on employers and created common sense immigration policy for workers to do jobs that citizens won't do, we would solve problems overnight
If hiring illegal immigrants to circumvent American labors is your solution - it's an immoral solution that I categorical reject and would hope Americans of morals and intelligence do so as well.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:28 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
Quote:

Whataboutism.
Bigotism

Old 05-17-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Bigotism
Yes, wanting our immigration laws enforced is the same as bigotry. Bigotry against law breakers I suppose.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
You're completely dodging the issue. You complain about the American working class being squeezed but at the same time support American labor laws being undercut by illegal immigrants. How do you reconcile these positions?
Because your second statement is as true as the idea of a welfare queen, Santa Claus or the Easter bunny.

Restrictive immigration policies are bad for economic growth. Japan has already proven this

Old 05-17-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
If hiring illegal immigrants to circumvent American labors is your solution - it's an immoral solution that I categorical reject and would hope Americans of morals and intelligence do so as well.
So there you go, continuing to give a free pass to employers who flout labor laws. Let me guess, deficits were bad under Obama but now they are great since they are happening under trump

Old 05-17-2018, 12:04 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Publix supported candidate hates both so there is no difference to him.
Where does it state he has legal and illegal immigrants?

Old 05-17-2018, 12:07 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,085,674 times
OP...didn't read it.

Love Publix, and hate illegals...you figure it out.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Because your second statement is as true as the idea of a welfare queen, Santa Claus or the Easter bunny.

Restrictive immigration policies are bad for economic growth. Japan has already proven this
Japan has a bad economy? Their middle class is as strong as ours.

One thing is for sure - illegal immigration is not good for the middle class. We can start by enforcing our immigration laws - zero tolerance for law breakers, deport them back to where they came and make sure they can't use our public schools or other services.

Once we fixed that, we can tinker with our legal immigration quotas to "get it right."

But I'm flabbergasted you support people who break our laws as some kind of solution to the economy. You're obviously brainwashed with the talking points of the Democratic party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: