Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 01:12 PM

25 posts, read 32,895 times

Advertisements

Here's what I want to know...

We're looking in the Port Charlotte area for a lot or existing home and see all of these ugly telephone poles with power lines, etc drooping in front of every house. Besides ugly, why don't all of the power lines get buried so there is a lot less chance of power loss during storms???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2019, 04:31 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7SierraTango View Post

We're looking in the Port Charlotte area for a lot or existing home and see all of these ugly telephone poles with power lines, etc drooping in front of every house. Besides ugly, why don't all of the power lines get buried so there is a lot less chance of power loss during storms???
It would cost too much and make powers bills go up jill.

Old 03-10-2019, 12:59 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7SierraTango View Post

I would think it might have something to do with the water table in the area.

Old 03-12-2019, 03:10 PM

801 posts, read 452,658 times
WAKE UP, PEOPLE! Science is science. If some are on the take to get grants, okay I might buy that; but thousands of them? I don't think so.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:01 PM

All anyone has to do is look up all the above normal temps in FL since 2011 and do the math kath. Look at the above vs below normal and do the figs. The answer is there.

Old 03-13-2019, 06:20 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
All anyone has to do is look up all the above normal temps in FL since 2011 and do the math kath. Look at the above vs below normal and do the figs. The answer is there.
8 years of history out of Millions that Earth has been here...comical.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:37 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingvanmorrison View Post
WAKE UP, PEOPLE! Science is science. If some are on the take to get grants, okay I might buy that; but thousands of them? I don't think so.
Science - knowledge - means repeating the same set of circumstances over and over and over and over again, even thousands of times, and getting the same result every time. Every time.

I heat a pot of water on the stove at 212 degrees or higher and it boils every time. Every time. I know that. We all know that.

We do not even have a clear and agreed definition of so-called "climate change" or "global warming" and we can not set up an experiment to test any such hypothesis, then set up the same experiment again, and again, and again, and again ... even after millions or billions of years of Earth history long before humans were present and long after they are gone ... much less get the same result.

So-called "climate change" or "global warming" as framed by these so-called "scientists", is simply not science by definition. It is, at best, an educated guess.

In parallel, there are more than 12,000 registered lobbyists in Washington DC alone. More than possible, then, that there are thousands of so-called "scientists" on the payroll of lobbyists and their overlords with an agenda.

Now that's science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

Last edited by bale002; 03-13-2019 at 08:46 AM..

Old 03-13-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
But that 8 years tell us something bra. I have been keeping records longer than you have been alive and the ramp up is getting faster and faster.

Old 03-14-2019, 12:53 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Science - knowledge - means repeating the same set of circumstances over and over and over and over again, even thousands of times, and getting the same result every time. Every time.

I heat a pot of water on the stove at 212 degrees or higher and it boils every time. Every time. I know that. We all know that.

We do not even have a clear and agreed definition of so-called "climate change" or "global warming" and we can not set up an experiment to test any such hypothesis, then set up the same experiment again, and again, and again, and again ... even after millions or billions of years of Earth history long before humans were present and long after they are gone ... much less get the same result.

So-called "climate change" or "global warming" as framed by these so-called "scientists", is simply not science by definition. It is, at best, an educated guess.

In parallel, there are more than 12,000 registered lobbyists in Washington DC alone. More than possible, then, that there are thousands of so-called "scientists" on the payroll of lobbyists and their overlords with an agenda.

Now that's science.
The new player in the game is mans use of 100 million barrels of fosil fuel per day,scientists say there are consequences to this course of action which results in extreme weather events ,NOAA uses these methods to collect data and come to its conclusions =
Quote:
The National Centers for Environmental Information contains the instrumental and paleoclimatic records that can precisely define the nature of climatic fluctuations at time scales of a century and longer. Among the diverse kinds of data platforms whose data contribute to NCEI's resources are: Ships, buoys, weather stations, weather balloons, satellites, radar and many climate proxy records such as tree rings and ice cores. The National Oceanographic Data Center contains the subsurface ocean data which reveal the ways that heat is distributed and redistributed over the planet. Knowing how these systems are changing and how they have changed in the past is crucial to understanding how they will change in the future. And, for climate information that extends from hundreds to thousands of years, paleoclimatology data, also available from the National Centers for Environmental Information, helps to provide longer term perspectives.
What data do you use to come to your conclusions?

Old 03-14-2019, 05:19 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The new player in the game is mans use of 100 million barrels of fosil fuel per day,scientists say there are consequences to this course of action which results in extreme weather events ,NOAA uses these methods to collect data and come to its conclusions =

What data do you use to come to your conclusions?
Can we do a series of independent experiments with that 100 million barrels of fossil fuels?

These "scientists" are, at best, spewing out educated guesses.

I am not saying we should not hedge the risk, because this is a risk management issue, but it is not science. We simply don't know the future nor any one specific cause of a complex outcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida