Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 03:32 PM

381 posts, read 1,686,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Red View Post
You mean I can't just drive to Ft. DeSoto Beach and Disney World whenever I want?

But everybody said they were so close!

I'm disillusioned.
Whoa... I guess you are
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2006, 07:45 AM

1,271 posts, read 2,594,109 times
I believe, anyone can see the I-95 Traffic Cams online.

Around 5PM check the cameras.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/traffic/content/traffic/reports/broward_miamidade_cams.html (broken link)

Old 12-19-2006, 03:07 PM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 433,020 times
Default hey this looks like a "healthy" lifestyle!! :)

CHECK IT OUT!!! THIS WILL BE YOU, EVERYDAY!!! HOW MUCH FUN IS THAT???

Doesn't an picture say 1000 words??

Glorious day on I-4 westbound traffic. Can you see where the road rage comes from?

Oh, if your car starts to overheat (happens a lot in the summer if you are in traffic), you HAVE TO turn off your car A/C and enjoy the 100 degree weather (that is Mid-April to mid-December weather). Don't worry, it will feel good to get to work all sweaty... WHEEEE!!

Mind you, this camera shot is from 10am.... NOT RUSH HOUR. Rush hour is a LOT worse than this...

Isn't this fun??? Gas is soooo cheap these days, traffic is not a problem.
Man this is a perfect day to enjoy the FL sunshine... from your car! Worry not, there will be PLENTY of sunshine enjoyment while you sit in traffic. Average commute these days in South or Central Florida is 1h+.

Last edited by Christian11; 12-19-2006 at 03:26 PM..

Old 12-19-2006, 03:19 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,212,862 times
Hmmmm....why pick a picture from March? Does it not look bad enough to prove your point right now? People can go to the Orlando Sentinel website and pick the current one. I'm looking at it right now at 5:19 PM...I-4 east bound is slow...I-4 westbound is clear. The jam factor on eastbound is 4.9 (with 10 being jammed/stopped - as in your March picture) and westbound is 0.7.

Old 12-19-2006, 06:19 PM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogal View Post
Hmmmm....why pick a picture from March? Does it not look bad enough to prove your point right now? People can go to the Orlando Sentinel website and pick the current one. I'm looking at it right now at 5:19 PM...I-4 east bound is slow...I-4 westbound is clear. The jam factor on eastbound is 4.9 (with 10 being jammed/stopped - as in your March picture) and westbound is 0.7.
The pic is from March because that is the one I had from before. Tomorrow, I am taking pictures of I-4 traffic LIVE, real time, with date and time stamps on the shots.

Then maybe you will withdrawl your objections to the "validity" of my picture. I mean, I will get the best shots I can, you will see morning and afternoon traffic on my 13 mile commute, which takes 1h - 1 1/2 hours each way. Ugh.

The timestamp on the picture is 10:31 AM, March 2006. Yes, that is how it is during the weekday, every single day.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:35 AM

467 posts, read 1,692,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian11 View Post
The pic is from March because that is the one I had from before. Tomorrow, I am taking pictures of I-4 traffic LIVE, real time, with date and time stamps on the shots.

Then maybe you will withdrawl your objections to the "validity" of my picture. I mean, I will get the best shots I can, you will see morning and afternoon traffic on my 13 mile commute, which takes 1h - 1 1/2 hours each way. Ugh.

The timestamp on the picture is 10:31 AM, March 2006. Yes, that is how it is during the weekday, every single day.
excellent idea. don't forget your e-pass.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:44 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,380,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian11 View Post
CHECK IT OUT!!! THIS WILL BE YOU, EVERYDAY!!! HOW MUCH FUN IS THAT???

Doesn't an picture say 1000 words??

Glorious day on I-4 westbound traffic. Can you see where the road rage comes from?

Oh, if your car starts to overheat (happens a lot in the summer if you are in traffic), you HAVE TO turn off your car A/C and enjoy the 100 degree weather (that is Mid-April to mid-December weather). Don't worry, it will feel good to get to work all sweaty... WHEEEE!!

Mind you, this camera shot is from 10am.... NOT RUSH HOUR. Rush hour is a LOT worse than this...

Isn't this fun??? Gas is soooo cheap these days, traffic is not a problem.
Man this is a perfect day to enjoy the FL sunshine... from your car! Worry not, there will be PLENTY of sunshine enjoyment while you sit in traffic. Average commute these days in South or Central Florida is 1h+.

LOL..i love the coment about 100 degree weather from mid april to mid December, since Florida has never seen temps above 98 degrees, and never in the 90's past October or before May. But as long as you are cautioning them, it'll keep more people from crowding my paradise. THANKS! By the way, was there an accident on this day you took the pic? I ride I-4 weekly to Orlando and back between 9am and coming back around 2pm, and unless there is an accident, its open three lanes at avg 75-80mph.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:03 AM

467 posts, read 1,692,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
LOL..i love the coment about 100 degree weather from mid april to mid December, since Florida has never seen temps above 98 degrees, and never in the 90's past October or before May. But as long as you are cautioning them, it'll keep more people from crowding my paradise. THANKS! By the way, was there an accident on this day you took the pic? I ride I-4 weekly to Orlando and back between 9am and coming back around 2pm, and unless there is an accident, its open three lanes at avg 75-80mph.
you can see the cones on the last shot with the box truck. there is road construction ahead. i-4 is being widened in many places. the cones are for maintenance of traffic. the traffic funnels around the work zone. this is what is causing this tie up. you can see new pavement. I go from princeton to the east-west on 1-4 daily and it is crowded for the 2 mile stretch and on the e-w to about the lake underhill bridge. it takes me about 15-20 minutes to get that short distance. than after that i easily drive the speed limit all the way to 434. total to there is usually around 30-35 minutes (i do have e-pass) total cost is $2.00. actually a tad less with e-pass. I read a post that said orlando to oviedo was 1.5-2 hrs. although now i read its 1-1.5 hrs. hmmm. oh well... i failed time telling 101.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:39 AM

Smile LOL... this dude is a trip!! Good smokes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
Dude, it's over 100 degrees in the HEAT INDEX. That is called humidity and that is what you feel. The temp iteself is not the only regulator... iot is what you FEEL that matters.

BTW, last August there was a day that hit over 101 degrees... heat index, almost 110. Wha are you talking about???

Open lanes? 75-80MPH?? WHEN???!?!? You must be a great kidder, I am loving this! LOL "Paradise"... dude, you are cracking me up!! hahahah....

Ps. They are widening I-4 right now and this will be the last project, as they are out of space. They said this expansion will not even curb the traffic problems we currently faced, the outlook for I-4 in the next 5 years or so is over 2 h commutes each way during ruch hours. Since there is no planning for roads, schools, ect (they just build houses and condos in each patch of land) it will get a lot worse over the yearsm I-4 is officially out of room, a mono-rail system would not be ready until 2010... you folks will enjoy lots of fun times in the car... I'll be home relaxing when you are still in traffic.

Ps#2. Check out this artcile put out by the I-4 Trans4mation committee on the I-4 problem. The population trend will be more and more urban sprawl, nothing new, but I-4 will double it's current use by 2015. Hope you folks enjoy!

http://media.conviveon.com/sites/FDO...c%20Counts.pdf

Old 12-20-2006, 11:57 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,380,491 times
IM talking my ride from downtown Tampa to downtown Orlando weekly. I will admit, right around Disney I-4 is horrible, but clear in the middle of the day most times. Tampa's I-4 section(about 2 miles) going WEST into the city is all the construction remaining, I love the new 3 lane interstate, but it wont be long before they'll need more lanes...it sure would be nice to take a train along I-4 to Orlando weekly from Tampa...
IM not sure why you stay in Florida, if you cant stand the Heat(Index..lol), then you should get out of the kitchen, sort of speak...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida