Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 10:19 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
But we don't get snow and ice.
Look at a map... how many stateson a bike ride from California to Florida experience snow and ice?

The role model California is a perfect example of this. I went through 6 tires in just 3 years, even an local article about how the cost of car maintenence is way above the national average because of poor roads.

Last edited by bmw335xi; 03-05-2019 at 10:29 AM..

Old 03-05-2019, 11:02 AM

9,406 posts, read 8,374,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan west View Post
This has nothing to do with "anti liberal". I am just saying it as it is. I think you are trolling because you have a closed idealogical mind. I did not write the article sited.
Your posts consistently have the theme of "Liberals don't come to Florida." I would show links; however, most of the threads get closed/deleted.

Old 03-05-2019, 02:26 PM

333 posts, read 240,472 times
Quote:
This has nothing to do with "anti liberal". I am just saying it as it is. I think you are trolling because you have a closed idealogical mind. I did not write the article sited.
Wait, you specifically mentioned being anti liberal in your first post. For voting republican to escape the high taxation of liberals. Dude, come on now. At least own up to your arguments instead of backing away from them.

People like lower taxes of course. This side of your argument is great. However, I still feel like Florida is pretty socially liberal compared to a lot of states, which your last thread was also against.

States like Nevada, New Hampshire, etc are the same.

Old 03-05-2019, 02:43 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
And then exists the concept that there's more to life than taxes such as better infrastructure, quality schools, better services for seniors/families/children and a population in general not consumed with thinking it's not all about themselves. In other words, don't over generalize...
I moved from a high tax state (Arlington, VA) to Florida, still wondering what all these magical things I am missing out on due to my lower tax burden.

Old 03-05-2019, 02:58 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,751,903 times
Quote:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...er-tax-florida

A note for thought if you are running away from high taxes. One reason you are coming to FLorida is to save your money. New York taxes are high, Florida's are low thanks to conservative tax oversite. Please just think about helping Florida keep it this way. Consider voting Republican even if you are a liberal. Because if Florida becomes liberal like New York you will be looking for another state to rescue your wallet.

Even the most liberal new public representative, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s, D-N.Y, mom has moved to Florida and is grateful for the low taxes. See the attached article.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
And then exists the concept that there's more to life than taxes such as better infrastructure, quality schools, better services for seniors/families/children and a population in general not consumed with thinking it's not all about themselves. In other words, don't over generalize...
I'm with Kyle on this one. While I don't want significant increases in taxes, I do think it is interesting how people move south to escape high taxes, yet expect the same quality of government services as they had up north.

Old 03-05-2019, 05:37 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I moved from a high tax state (Arlington, VA) to Florida, still wondering what all these magical things I am missing out on due to my lower tax burden.
I moved from San Francisco and I think Orlando has more magical things lol.

Old 03-05-2019, 06:52 PM

25,745 posts, read 12,832,402 times
I heard AOC's Mom rolled into Florida in a Hummer H1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: