Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 05:51 AM

413 posts, read 301,872 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...er-tax-florida

A note for thought if you are running away from high taxes. One reason you are coming to FLorida is to save your money. New York taxes are high, Florida's are low thanks to conservative tax oversite. Please just think about helping Florida keep it this way. Consider voting Republican even if you are a liberal. Because if Florida becomes liberal like New York you will be looking for another state to rescue your wallet.

Even the most liberal new public representative, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s, D-N.Y, mom has moved to Florida and is grateful for the low taxes. See the attached article.

Last edited by alan west; 03-05-2019 at 06:22 AM..

Old 03-05-2019, 07:20 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,956,177 times
And then exists the concept that there's more to life than taxes such as better infrastructure, quality schools, better services for seniors/families/children and a population in general not consumed with thinking it's not all about themselves. In other words, don't over generalize...

Old 03-05-2019, 08:02 AM

9,406 posts, read 8,374,416 times
Are you really posting this anti-liberal crap again?

Old 03-05-2019, 09:15 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,406,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
And then exists the concept that there's more to life than taxes such as better infrastructure, quality schools, better services for seniors/families/children and a population in general not consumed with thinking it's not all about themselves. In other words, don't over generalize...
That is true to an extent. But FL is not the 3rd most populous State for nothing and growing with people seeing far better life in FL than in the high tax States, even with claimed benefits from the cost.

Old 03-05-2019, 09:21 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
The infastructure in many of these high tax states is horrible. My family member biked from San Francisco to St Augustine. He said Florida had the best roads out of the entire trip and he is from Alaska and has no family (besides me) or friends in FL. One thing to remember is high taxes doesn’t mean good infastructure or services. Usually it means big government pension plans. Usually it means big pet projects that have little to no results such as combating homelessness and yet numbers only seem to grow higher.

Old 03-05-2019, 09:55 AM

486 posts, read 517,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
The infastructure in many of these high tax states is horrible. My family member biked from San Francisco to St Augustine. He said Florida had the best roads out of the entire trip and he is from Alaska and has no family (besides me) or friends in FL. One thing to remember is high taxes doesn’t mean good infastructure or services. Usually it means big government pension plans. Usually it means big pet projects that have little to no results such as combating homelessness and yet numbers only seem to grow higher.
You are spot on here. The pensions plans and retirement health plans are what has killed the big cities in other states. As long as you do not get into these issues, and only go for 401k type retirement plans, you can do a lot of development without going crazy. Short term debt for construction of infrastructure, schools, hospitals, fix the beaches, etc is all great and can be controlled well via bonds and local taxes(one of the reasons CDD fees exist, so only the people getting the goodies, pays for it). Permanent, always growing long term debt like pensions you can never get out from under until the rate of deaths of retirees greatly increases... which wont happen for a long time, if ever.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:00 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times
That's great that Florida has such low taxes. Too bad it doesn't have that dynamic an economy outside of tourism.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:00 AM

9,406 posts, read 8,374,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
He said Florida had the best roads out of the entire trip and he is from Alaska
But we don't get snow and ice.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:01 AM

9,366 posts, read 14,316,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Personally I am satisfied with the efficiency of my tax dollars here in Florida, including infrastructure, schools, and services for seniors, families and children.

Even at the national level, I am more or less satisfied with the efficiency of my tax dollars, though it could be better.

I am much more concerned with the efficiency of the money supply nationwide, tainted by cockamamie credit policies, reflection and avant-garde of myriad organism deficiencies, a self-defeating mechanism.

Congratulations!

Old 03-05-2019, 10:09 AM

413 posts, read 301,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Are you really posting this anti-liberal crap again?
This has nothing to do with "anti liberal". I am just saying it as it is. I think you are trolling because you have a closed idealogical mind. I did not write the article sited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: