Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 07:25 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,010,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Any proof of this claim? And even once is enough.
You can find that info via Google searches. Below is an article documenting the claim from my previous post (it's literally in the 1st sentence). I can understand abortion in certain scenarios such as where the mothers life is at risk but I think it should be the exception and not the rule. If you made a bad choice with your boyfriend one night your child shouldn't pay for that decision with his/her life.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/1211175001/

Old 09-03-2021, 07:29 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,240,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
That would be a step in the right direction but it's odd he is opposed to face masks. Since Desantis is pro-life, he should want face masks to be mandated to prevent or reduce further deaths.

Abortion is murder. If a man or woman don't want kids to the point where they'd have an abortion, then should just not have sex or get fixed.
Repeating it over and over doesnt make it true. He is not opposed to face masks. He believes its a parents choice.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:55 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,408,487 times
Vaccinations: "My body, my choice!"

Abortion: "Not your bodies, ladies, not your choice! We men will decide!"

Old 09-03-2021, 10:54 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,697,821 times
I mean as a man, I just think that it's a woman's choice what to do with her body..... I think what's going on in TX is insane. A woman should have absolute full reproductive control. It's a choice between a woman and her doctor, not some randos who don't agree with her. My personal views should not dictate what another person does with her body. Very simple concept here. And this whole bounty hunter mentality is crazy.... wake up, people. Why are some ppl supporting this?

Old 09-03-2021, 11:38 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,656 times
Trust me, this will lead to zero additional adoptions among pro-lifers. And conservatives will support zero additional social services and support for the additional children born as a result of this law. They don't care about the children after they're born. Look at Florida's school system if you need any evidence.

Old 09-04-2021, 06:05 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,446,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewsonic1 View Post
So you're pro baby murder. Gotcha.

DeSantis won't be recalled. I hear Massachusetts is lovely this time of year.
IMO, DeSantis anti-vax, anti-mask policies are not only pro baby murder, but pro child murder. If you want to argue that COVID isn't taking sufficient baby and child lives to worry about, well the Delta surge count isn't complete, and what about the long COVID sequelae being inflicted on unknown numbers of children, health deficiencies that may burden them for their lifetimes?

Oh yeah, DeSantis Medicaid expansion opposition also is claiming child lives, as are family food shortages, at least partially due to Florida's inferior unemployment compensation system championed by DeSantis.

Perhaps most importantly, DeSantis' climate change propaganda and inaction will take a heavy toll on children and adults in the decades ahead.

To the extent that abortion laws result in a birth that compromises a family's ability to financially subsist, or a parent is forced to give birth to a child with genetic defects, what will DeSantis and anti-abortionists do to alleviate these burdens? Answer: NOTHING. So much for their self-proclaimed moral superiority.

To the extent that stringent abortion laws raise the birth rate among poor families, further burdening public schools and social services, it's very likely that DeSantis and other anti-abortionist will vehemently oppose any tax increases to compensate for the increased numbers of children. This reality be one reason that many conservatives, especially libertarians, favor abortion rights.

<<About six-in-ten Americans say abortion should be legal in all or most cases>>

<<The latest Pew Research Center survey, conducted April 5 to 11, finds deep disagreement between – and within – the parties over abortion....

Views among Republicans have remained relatively steady during this period. In 2007, around four-in-ten Republicans (39%) said abortion should be legal in all or most cases; today, 35% say this. >>

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...or-most-cases/

Last edited by WRnative; 09-04-2021 at 06:36 AM..

Old 09-04-2021, 06:18 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,446,525 times
Default Young professional women, birth-age couples, may find Florida inhospitable

Many professional young women may boycott states with stringent abortion laws that limit their ability to make personal choices about their bodies. Anti-abortion states may exacerbate already existing shortages of teachers and medical professionals.

Relatively inferior educational and medical institutions as a result of professional shortages may make Florida less attractive for young couples. Couples planning on having children certainly should think twice about living in a state that prohibits abortions to protect a pregnant mother's life or to avoid the birth of a child with birth defects, especially if the state will provide insufficient or no assistance in caring for such a child. Some states may sanction doctors or others who even advise about abortion options for any reason, which may be the case with the new Texas law as anti-abortion vigilantes advance their prosecution agenda.

Charts such as the following may be carefully considered by young professional women and couples.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...-laws-by-state
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida