Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 09:19 PM

1,307 posts, read 5,505,360 times

Advertisements

Just got back from a wonderful performance of Brigadoon by the students of the Fine Arts department at Indian River Community College. There were 13 major parts, 18 villagers/chorus, 31 in the live orchestra, 10 crew members and several in box office and such -- almost 90 students giving their all for the community and their art.

And, art it was -- acting, singing, dancing and instrumental -- an absolutely first class performance that left me laughing, feeling chills down my spine, crying and cheering. All 8 performances over 2 weeks were sold out.

Wow.

I'm still on a high, but decided to check in here for the latest foolishness before hitting the sack.

We ran into the drama professor before the play began, and had a pleasant conversation. 20 years ago, our daughter performed in several of his productions and starred in one, a difficult drama entitled, Royal Hunt of the Sun. He told us he had recently located the original video tape of that production and is about to transcribe it to DVD -- he's making us a copy. We're thrilled; we can't wait for our grandchildren to see their Mommy when she was 16.

Uh -- you can't tell that I'm a little bit proud, can you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 09:20 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
I have been rewiring my home network, fixing a computer for a friend, and building my new robotic lawnmower. This will be a gift for my parents, I just have to figure out how to make the mower seek and chase zoning inspectors....

Old 02-23-2007, 10:32 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
Larry King, sudoku off & on, walk dog, check e-mail, picked kids up from skating, then back to virtual life....

I have one Amber Bock in my fridge- left over from a Christmas family get together. I haven't had one in years, so will go and get it now!

Old 02-24-2007, 05:53 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,292,275 times
I'm Sipping a hot cup of hazelnut coffee after about an hour of peeking around here I'll grab a quick breakfast and then head to work.

I like CSI Vegas too.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:59 PM

134 posts, read 601,014 times
tonight...Reading Jim Harrison's latest novel, Returning to Earth. Love his reads and that entire group of writers. ( Rick Bass, Thomas McGuane)Bought homemade bananna bread for tonights reward! perhaps a movie. turn the phone and puter off soon.

Old 02-24-2007, 07:09 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslOldTimer View Post
Just got back from a wonderful performance of Brigadoon by the students of the Fine Arts department at Indian River Community College. There were 13 major parts, 18 villagers/chorus, 31 in the live orchestra, 10 crew members and several in box office and such -- almost 90 students giving their all for the community and their art.

And, art it was -- acting, singing, dancing and instrumental -- an absolutely first class performance that left me laughing, feeling chills down my spine, crying and cheering. All 8 performances over 2 weeks were sold out.

Wow.

I'm still on a high, but decided to check in here for the latest foolishness before hitting the sack.

We ran into the drama professor before the play began, and had a pleasant conversation. 20 years ago, our daughter performed in several of his productions and starred in one, a difficult drama entitled, Royal Hunt of the Sun. He told us he had recently located the original video tape of that production and is about to transcribe it to DVD -- he's making us a copy. We're thrilled; we can't wait for our grandchildren to see their Mommy when she was 16.

Uh -- you can't tell that I'm a little bit proud, can you?
AWWWWWW what a nice story, and glad you got to have such a nice day!

Old 02-24-2007, 07:13 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
I spent all afternoon running from errand to errand and then putting some groceries away, talked to my mother on the phone, fed the dogs and cats, had some dinner and inbetween picking up and doing some laundry.......here I am. I just wish I had bought that bag of dark chocolates!!!!! I picked it up and then went around the aisle again and put it back. Darn!!!!

Old 02-24-2007, 07:14 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,746,960 times
Listening to Toby Keith!

Old 02-25-2007, 02:20 PM

904 posts, read 2,874,043 times
This is fun... I have spent most of the day painting the outside of my house. Plan to fix a Mojito and start dinner then sit down for the North Carolina basketball game at 5:30. Go heals!

Old 02-25-2007, 02:40 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,164,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBmom View Post
This is fun... I have spent most of the day painting the outside of my house. Plan to fix a Mojito and start dinner then sit down for the North Carolina basketball game at 5:30. Go heals!
What's your Mojito recipe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: