Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 02:24 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,658,081 times

Advertisements

I am angry because I didn't want to come back here and I cannot leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 03:11 PM

727 posts, read 1,836,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Here is a link to Michael's Story. He is a friend of my youngest son. I fell blessed to live in this community.

cbs4.com - Miles For Mikey Puts Brave Child In Prosthetics (http://cbs4.com/local/Mikey.Stolzenberg.cbs4.2.881675.html - broken link)
Wow, good story.

This was impressive as well, as it says in the article... "We heard about Mike through Facebook," Linda Chekanow said. "We fundraised in our town of Sparta, North Carolina then drove the 800 miles so we could be here to walk for Mikey and show our support because no family should ever have to go through something like that alone."

to get back on topic, i think there are a lot of mean, mad, rude people in FL too. some of you may not come into contact with many of em (like Bob in Venice) but many others do, especially in S FL, Tampa, and Orlando. Some of the rudest (if not the rudest in Miami's case) in the country.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:32 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,904,587 times
You know I find it difficult to believe that folks here are all mean and nasty. I live in Weston (west of Fort Lauderdale) and I spend a significant amount of time around the Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami-Dade area. I spent Saturday at a wrestling tournament at Florida Christian School in Miami. I saw a gym filled with a diverse array of people. Wrestlers, parents, coaches, siblings of all colors. The wrestlers fought hard on the mat but after their matches they socialize nicely with one another. I am not living under a rock, or limited to one small town in the middle of nowhere and I have to say that there is not a larger number of rude folks here than anywhere else in the country.

Last edited by Momma_bear; 12-15-2008 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: Poor typing

Old 12-15-2008, 04:36 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,545,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I read many posts from different states but I must say that it seems that the posts from Florida have by far the most anger expressed. Is there a lot of frustration down there?
well....you musta missed all my posts about NC, when I lived there....
SC has been a better fit, but I still want out of this part of the South.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:07 PM

727 posts, read 1,836,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
well....you musta missed all my posts about NC, when I lived there....
SC has been a better fit, but I still want out of this part of the South.

LOL, complaining about NC/SC... Most Floridians would love to switch places. Well, mostly natives probably would, new residents from NY probably prefer FL. When you consider the people, the crime, the traffic, etc... NC offers a better (overall) quality of life than FL... but I guess NC/SC isnt for everyone.

"but I still want out of this part of the South."

What does that mean, if you dont mind me asking? I know the south isnt for everyone. But if you think people in NC are rude, I hope you aren't considering a move to New Yo ... I mean FL.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:22 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,658,081 times
If I had a choice, I would have preferred NC to Florida. I want my 4 seasons, not 80 degrees at Christmas.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:43 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,455,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I read many posts from different states but I must say that it seems that the posts from Florida have by far the most anger expressed. Is there a lot of frustration down there?
I think its partly because of our weather. Have you ever noticed people are usually grumpy when they are either too cold or too hot. But when its the right temp 50-70s people are usually much happier over all.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:24 PM

13 posts, read 35,959 times
Great point..and for some of us, we like the weather to be seasonally appropriate, especially if we are from somewhere up north. I'm downright mad that it's going to be 80 all week . But that's Florida. And I have learned that it is NOT The place to be for me. The North, New Jersey for me, with all the expense and the snow and the traffic is where my family and I belong. I have spent 6 years trying to develop roots in Florida but everything and people are just different. We all need to be where we feel our best, where we feel we belong. I know people to feel that connection with Florida, with California, with Lake Tahoe, with North Carolina. Wherever it is, just be happy that you found it. It took me 38 years, but I know for sure where I belong!

Old 12-16-2008, 05:30 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
If I had a choice, I would have preferred NC to Florida. I want my 4 seasons, not 80 degrees at Christmas.

bah, I'll trade you places... I'm visiting family up in Michigan for christmas.. I'm not going to make it

Old 12-16-2008, 07:57 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I am angry because I didn't want to come back here and I cannot leave.
No, seriously, you can ALWAYS leave. I don't care if your husband's job "made" him come. You CAN LEAVE. You SHOULD LEAVE. Seriously. Find another job. If your husband is experienced, he should be able to find another job in a colder clime.

Unless someone has a gun to your head, your husband can find another job, and move you back closer to your family, which I think all of us here suspect is the real source of your misery living here. (If you were shipped off to Alaska, you'd be miserable because you don't have any family around, despite those frigid temps you crave.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida