Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 12:33 PM

727 posts, read 1,836,764 times

Advertisements

from late last week through early this upcoming week, temps have been hovering right at and even up to 85 in some parts of FL. Why cant we just have some of that "cool" weather (like we had a few weeks ago) around the holidays?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 01:18 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,891,120 times
Atleast your weather is staying consistent...

Ours has been nuts.. We went from a high of 15 to a high of 73 within like 2-3 days...

Old 12-27-2008, 01:20 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,702,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInFL View Post
from late last week through early this upcoming week, temps have been hovering right at and even up to 85 in some parts of FL. Why cant we just have some of that "cool" weather (like we had a few weeks ago) around the holidays?

POOR YOU! Here in NY we are stuck in horrible gray, dreary, cold weather for 8 months out of the year. I just wish FL wasn't such a mess I would live there permenantly. For now I just settle on visits :-)

Old 12-27-2008, 01:51 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
Atleast your weather is staying consistent...

Ours has been nuts.. We went from a high of 15 to a high of 73 within like 2-3 days...
Almost the same weather here in Dallas. People don't realize how good they have it there. I bet it's really dry in Florida right now too.

Old 12-27-2008, 01:59 PM

558 posts, read 1,835,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInFL View Post
I enjoyed that cool weather we had a few weeks ago, it was perfect daytime temps. I too was hoping Christmas wouldn't be 85 out, but oh well.

Next year I'll be shoveling snow at Christmas, hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
POOR YOU! Here in NY we are stuck in horrible gray, dreary, cold weather for 8 months out of the year. I just wish FL wasn't such a mess I would live there permenantly. For now I just settle on visits :-)
We have 8-10 months of pure heat and humidity. Spend some time in Lakeland or anywhere inland during the summer and you'll understand. Our winters are the only time it is even bearable down here imho. That's why we complain when it is 85 at the end of December.

I'll trade you weather any day.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:13 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
It's been warm up here in the panhandle too, but it's also been dreary, damp and depressing. The temperature was almost 80 for several days, then it got down to 26 one night, and now it's back in the 70's. My poor plants don't know what season it is. If these clouds would move out of here I would be satisfied, no matter what the temp is.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:42 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,702,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeland Yankee View Post
I enjoyed that cool weather we had a few weeks ago, it was perfect daytime temps. I too was hoping Christmas wouldn't be 85 out, but oh well.

Next year I'll be shoveling snow at Christmas, hopefully.

We have 8-10 months of pure heat and humidity. Spend some time in Lakeland or anywhere inland during the summer and you'll understand. Our winters are the only time it is even bearable down here imho. That's why we complain when it is 85 at the end of December.

I'll trade you weather any day.

Deal, now what about employment?...lol I love heat and humidity. I actually thrive in those conditions. I also like that everything stays green since I hate season changes. The only season I like is summer...lol

Old 12-27-2008, 03:01 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,660,026 times
Default I am from Long Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
I would give my right eye to have NY weather again. Wanna trade places? I have been back to NY in October, November, and am going back in January. I want WINTER; cold, grey, rain/snow WINTER. If I didn't see the sun for 6 months right now, I would be very, very happy.

You can keep Florida. As soon as I can, I am moving back, hopefully to never set foot here again.

Yes, it has been over 80 degrees. I had my AC blasting away while I cooked Christmas dinner and the oven/burners going on all day. No, I DON'T do BBQ for Christmas.

Old 12-27-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
Almost the same weather here in Dallas. People don't realize how good they have it there. I bet it's really dry in Florida right now too.

Hell no, it was humid as hell the last couple days. Lucky my butt! Noodles, I think you may have forgotten what Orlando feels like most of the year man.

Whoever says were lucky should have their head examined! LOL. We get this 9 out of the 12 months! HOT! How would you like to be cold all yr up there in NY? OK then, same goes for down here in FL, we get tired of it!

Old 12-27-2008, 03:05 PM

"We have 8-10 months of pure heat and humidity. Spend some time in Lakeland or anywhere inland during the summer and you'll understand. Our winters are the only time it is even bearable down here imho. That's why we complain when it is 85 at the end of December. "

Exactly Lakeland Yankee! You took the words right out of my mouth! Why the hell would we want it this hot all year round?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida