Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 07:26 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,373,429 times

Advertisements

we have something called EOG's here which are the FCAT down in florida, every STATE I know of has these stupid tests, with that being said we did a comparision between them and Boca does rank up there with the schools my children are attending now....I dont care where u go, not all children test well with mine included but my son is a B student but for the life of him cant get through these end of year tests...I dont like test scores as they DONT tell the full story....

and elemetary schools even in NY do not take Regent exams....they take end of year tests with scores of 1-4 4 being the highest...LI schools not sure if they do it this way, but our friends left brooklyn 2 yrs ago and those were the test her elem son took...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 09:40 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,928,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Greatschools.net evaluates individual town and city schools. If Jupiter and Boca have 9s and 10s, respectively, then a 9 or 10 in Long Island is comparable.

Yes. Everything is "accountable" and rationalized away when it does not compare with your own subjective opinions. If the variables are not the same, then ranking and comparing individual schools and districts across state lines is ALWAYS futile.

And.... I wasn't aware that elementary school kids took regents exams.

Besides, we've got plenty of Lawn Guyland educated people around these parts who aren't exactly the brightest bulbs in the box, so maybe the anectdotal evidence available to me is tainted.

I'm a teacher in NY who knows teachers in Florida. Also learned about most educational systems while in college. I know what I'm talking about.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:48 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,764,184 times
Can you use specific examples? Do you teach in Jericho or Herrick? What areas in Boca do you know teachers? What schools? How do you know the teaching in LI is better?

Old 03-19-2009, 01:47 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,393,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
Can you use specific examples? Do you teach in Jericho or Herrick? What areas in Boca do you know teachers? What schools? How do you know the teaching in LI is better?
Because she's from LI and no place on earth is as good as LI and everyone is jealous of LI to boot, dontchaknow?!

It's a good some people are teachers and not scientists or lawyers because their standard of proof and evidence for any of their specious claims is remarkably low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida