Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 11:41 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,883,359 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving to Daytona Beach next summer and was wondering if there were any great little bars with reasonably priced drinks, karaoke or live entertainment, and good happy hour times??

Can anyone help me on this? Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 02:05 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,748,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
I'll be moving to Daytona Beach next summer and was wondering if there were any great little bars with reasonably priced drinks, karaoke or live entertainment, and good happy hour times??

Are you kidding, drinking is the main activity they do there. Have you done an extended visit?

Old 07-12-2009, 02:44 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Franks Front Row has fairly cheap drink prices and live entertainment.

Frank's Front Row

Old 07-12-2009, 08:42 PM

574 posts, read 2,044,474 times
I live here. If you drive along A1A in Daytona you will have a wide variety of choices!

Nancy

Old 07-13-2009, 10:19 PM

501 posts, read 1,881,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post

There are some really amazing places, catering to all kinds of scenes. Some are really nice, but some are great historic dive bars with the old mahogany paneling, etc. like Froggy's and Blues/Banks Club on Main Street. Also like McK's Pub on Beach Street.

I like the Main Street Station for live music after the beach on the weekends or the evenings.

Caribbean Jack's (Uptown), Pub 44 (Main Street) and Ocean Deck (Beachfront south of Pier) are great places to be outside on the patio and absorb the waterfront views on a great day and maybe grab a bite too.

Waldon's, Crook's Den, Chubby's and Frank's Front Row are great dive bars to go to see the freak show clowns, you would maybe only see in a handful of cities on the planet.

Cruisin' Cafe (Main St), Athena and Red Tails (both Beach St) have best Karaoke. Sometimes Oyster Pub on Seabreeze.

There are also biker bars, dance clubs, sports bars, strip clubs, college bars, NASCAR bars, surfer bars, pool bars, wine bars -- like I said, you name it, it's here!

Specials vary by days of the week. I like Wednesday nights at the Main Street Station. First Fridays (of the month) on Beach Street. Special events on Main Street like touring Hippiefest 2009 Concert on Aug 7:
Hippiefest

But a year from now, all this will change too. Like the seasons and people.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
Are you kidding, drinking is the main activity they do there. Have you done an extended visit?

I really wasn't able to go to the bars around there (just the hotel bar where I was staying with my friend, but they don't like bars). So, I just couldn't go anywhere like that and come back to the room too late. But I did see some from the road, but just couldn't remember their names and such.

But I'll definitely go to them, the ones I saw, when I move over there next year.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonadewd View Post
There are some really amazing places, catering to all kinds of scenes. Some are really nice, but some are great historic dive bars with the old mahogany paneling, etc. like Froggy's and Blues/Banks Club on Main Street. Also like McK's Pub on Beach Street.

I like the Main Street Station for live music after the beach on the weekends or the evenings.

Caribbean Jack's (Uptown), Pub 44 (Main Street) and Ocean Deck (Beachfront south of Pier) are great places to be outside on the patio and absorb the waterfront views on a great day and maybe grab a bite too.

Waldon's, Crook's Den, Chubby's and Frank's Front Row are great dive bars to go to see the freak show clowns, you would maybe only see in a handful of cities on the planet.

Cruisin' Cafe (Main St), Athena and Red Tails (both Beach St) have best Karaoke. Sometimes Oyster Pub on Seabreeze.

There are also biker bars, dance clubs, sports bars, strip clubs, college bars, NASCAR bars, surfer bars, pool bars, wine bars -- like I said, you name it, it's here!

Specials vary by days of the week. I like Wednesday nights at the Main Street Station. First Fridays (of the month) on Beach Street. Special events on Main Street like touring Hippiefest 2009 Concert on Aug 7:
Hippiefest

But a year from now, all this will change too. Like the seasons and people.

So, most are on Main St. I did see a few when we went down Main St., but I wasn't able to stop, because my friend doesn't like bars and such. But I did see them and such. They look like fun places.

We did eat at the one cafe there and they had the best omeletes. A blonde haired lady named Lisa is working there (well, she did last year) and she wears glasses (by chance have you been there too?). I love that place for breakfast. Sorry, I forgot the name of it.

But I'll definitely check out these places when I move there next year. For sure!!

Old 07-14-2009, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Franks Front Row has fairly cheap drink prices and live entertainment.

Frank's Front Row

Yeah, I just looked at their website and looks like a really fun place and cheap drinks too!! (cheaper than here in Arizona, that's for sure!!).

But I was looking at their T.V. commercial spot and such, it looked like you have to pay a cover charge to get in. Do you have to pay to get in or something?

I don't like that too much, but as long it's not very expensive, I'll pay it.

Is it pretty good during the afternoons too, after 3pm??

Old 07-14-2009, 04:09 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
I don't remember ever paying a cover there. Maybe a couple bucks if they've got a special event going.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I don't remember ever paying a cover there. Maybe a couple bucks if they've got a special event going.

Okay, thanks. So, the guy outside is only checking I.D. cards or something?

Is it pretty good during the afternoons too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: