Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 01:06 PM

54 posts, read 53,249 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to get an "inside look" of Florida from people that live there and how people like where they live.

Anything you want to say is appreciated greatly!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 02:21 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,765,686 times
Let the flood gates open!

Old 02-18-2010, 01:48 PM

54 posts, read 53,249 times
Let the flood gates open?

Old 02-18-2010, 02:07 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,765,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rltluke View Post
Let the flood gates open?

Read the thread right above this one "Does Florida really suck" and you will see what I mean.

I like Florida a lot, but I do not live there, I'm in the process of moving there now. However, I will be going with a job and my family lives there. My situation is a little different. Most people who move to Florida are moving away from everything they know. My family has been there now for 5 years and they have assured me they would rather be raked over hot gravel than to move back to NYC - so, off to the Miami area i go, a Tropical NY of sorts - seems people are just as rude if not ruder in Miami than in NY and everyone drives horrible - I figure I should fit right in LOL. Please know that I'm being humorous. These are the typse of things people will tell you. You will have be savvy and sift through the mudd to find something that lies right in the middle. Good luck!

Old 02-18-2010, 02:15 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
You know Chels that must be why we fit in here so well....ROFL I am kidding.....We moved to South Florida in May of 09, and we love it here...The weather is great, the scenery is beautiful, people we have found are very nice, so many other parts to explore, swimming all year round....eating outdoors but there will people will tell you this place is awful and so on, so I just warn you... lol

Old 02-18-2010, 02:35 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,572,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
You know Chels that must be why we fit in here so well....ROFL I am kidding.....We moved to South Florida in May of 09, and we love it here...The weather is great, the scenery is beautiful, people we have found are very nice, so many other parts to explore, swimming all year round....eating outdoors but there will people will tell you this place is awful and so on, so I just warn you... lol
One good thing I like about Florida is that you can make friends with people like Staci (berry), gypsychic, 2goldens, chelsa...and enjoy watching them go swimming at the beach rather than watching them bundled up running from the snow and sleet!!!!

Old 02-18-2010, 02:40 PM

Your too funny Mod I dont swim at the beach but you can keep that thought...ROFLMAO

Old 02-18-2010, 02:53 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,772,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rltluke View Post
I'm trying to get an "inside look" of Florida from people that live there and how people like where they live.

Anything you want to say is appreciated greatly!

Well, its kinda like this :

Its too hot in the summer , Tampa is overcrowded , I love Tampa , theres 3 poisonous snakes in the Panhandle, the drivers in Florida are not very good, property taxes are too high, law enforcement officers are friendly, I love Marco Island, Marco Island is too expensive, a 12' alligator ate my next door neighbors boy, the Keys are nice in the Fall, Miami is high crime, im going to be sailin' away to Key Largo, the humidity is atrocious in the summer months, Destin has nice beaches, I cant wait to move out of this State, I cant wait to move into this State, theres alot of Rednecks in the Panhandle, a man caught a 742 lb. Marlin off of Destin last summer, I hate our Governor , we need a high speed Rail System, I ran over a snake last summer, youve got a termite problem, Ive got fire ant problem, im saving money going solar heat , I wish it would rain more cause my lawn is turning brown, I wish it would stop raining, rain is fun to play in, the rain is leaking thru my roof, I grew up in Sarasota, Jacksonville is ok, im out of work, I cant find work, Ive retired from work , Im sick of work, we all need work, theres nothing like Talapia , I hate oysters cause they make me gag, so you think youre going to make as much as you did in NYC ? , Im going to Cape Canaveral tomorrow, so you want to come along eh ? , the Snowbirds are nice folks, I wish the Snowbirds would go to Arizona instead ., Id rather live in Texas, Id rather live in South Carolina, its good to be back in Florida, Sannibal Island was nice, the white-ist sand is in the Panhandle, Hurricanes have destroyed my house 3 times, Id like to get a Hurricane under my belt , fumagate your house of carpenter ants, I get these Geico Lizards, and... welcome to Florida .

Last edited by 007.5; 02-18-2010 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: no reason

Old 02-18-2010, 03:02 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,572,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post

Its too hot in the summer , Tampa is overcrowded , I love Tampa , theres 3 poisonous snakes in the Panhandle, the drivers in Florida are not very good, property taxes are too high, law enforcement officers are friendly, I love Marco Island, Marco Island is too expensive, a 12' alligator ate my next door neighbors boy, the Keys are nice in the Fall, Miami is high crime, im going to be sailin' away to Key Largo, the humidity is atrocious in the summer months, Destin has nice beaches, I cant wait to move out of this State, I cant wait to move into this State, theres alot of Rednecks in the Panhandle, a man caught a 742 lb. Marlin off of Destin last summer, I hate our Governor , we need a high speed Rail System, I ran over a snake last summer, youve got a termite problem, Ive got fire ant problem, im saving money going solar heat , I wish it would rain more cause my lawn is turning brown, I wish it would stop raining, rain is fun to play in, the rain is leaking thru my roof, I grew up in Sarasota, Jacksonville is ok, im out of work, I cant find work, Ive retired from work , Im sick of work, we all need work, theres nothing like Talapia , I hate oysters cause they make me gag, so you think youre going to make as much as you did in NYC ? , Im going to Cape Canaveral tomorrow, so you want to come along eh ? , the Snowbirds are nice folks, I wish the Snowbirds would go to Arizona instead ., Id rather live in Texas, Id rather live in South Carolina, its good to be back in Florida, Sannibal Island was nice, the white-ist sand is in the Panhandle, Hurricanes have destroyed my house 3 times, Id like to get a Hurricane under my belt , fumagate your house of carpenter ants, I get these Geico Lizards, and... welcome to Florida .
That was good, 007!!!

Old 02-18-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post

This was funny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida