Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 10:56 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times

Advertisements

I really don't know if a law banning cellphones while driving would work! Seriously I need just about every single brain cell to drive! Unless it's an absolute emergency I just pull over to use a cell and just like others have said the last thing you need is a distraction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 11:42 AM

141 posts, read 453,705 times
BTW, When I was 22 and had my license for about a year, I got into a minor fender bender. Nothing serious, I scraped a car while driving on queens blvd in queens, NY. I was talking on the cellphone. It was not a major accident, no damage was even done, but it could have been a major accident and would have been my fault. About a year later I was pulled over and fined by a cop in brooklyn for talking on the phone. Granted I made the call while at a red light, but since I got that ticket, I learned my lesson and never talked on the phone while driving again for fear of getting another $95 ticket. Who knows, maybe if this did not happen, I would have been the cause for a deadly accident on the BQE or something.

And yes, there are some people who only take calls when necessary but a lot of people are always on the cellphone in there car because they dont have that fear of getting a ticket in the back of their head. Even if the law only saves 1 life, isnt that worth putting into effect?

Old 03-26-2010, 08:11 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,783 times
I really couldn't give a rats behind if the person who talks on the phone crashes and burns. You know the risk, you take the chance, and you end up handicapped or dead - fine, such was your choice.

What gets me is that these people are so incredibly arrogant that they think their behavior should rightfully endanger others. I do care about the kid on a bike riding around the neighborhood, or the family on the way home from the soccer game. I care about grandma crossing the street and getting hit. It's for those people that this nonsense needs to be stopped.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:54 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times
A few years I was so fed up with cell-phone talkers that I considered getting a cell phone jammer, even though they are illegal for some reason. I did some research into then and was looking at a model that could jam signals within about 200 feet. It turns out that jammers can only prevent a call from being connected. If the call is already in progress then it can't do anything so I decided not to get one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida