Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 02:58 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,749,955 times

Advertisements

Matt James Dead: Notre Dame Football Recruit Dies In Fall From Balcony In Panama City, Florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 03:55 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,323,192 times
I'm sorry for his family, but not for him. I read he was drunk and belligerent. He has nobody to blame but himself. I honestly don't feel bad for him.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
I'm sorry for his family, but not for him. I read he was drunk and belligerent. He has nobody to blame but himself. I honestly don't feel bad for him.
I remember when Fort Lauderdale completely phased out spring break. The last year four students were killed all falling from balconies. Towards the end there were several killed every year from one thing or another. The city had just had enough. Between the deaths, arrests, rapes, vandalism, drinking and everything that went along with it, I was glad to see it go. At it's height you hardly wanted to venture out if you lived in the beach area. It was bad, I have to tell you. I can't believe a cities still want and encourage it just to make a few bucks.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:19 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,772,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
I think we should feel bad for him ; we have all acted that way at some point . It was a horrible tragic accident for that young man , but it does go to show how dangerous drinking can be when it impairs your senses especially with the younger partying kind. Bring back prohibition , in the name of all who have lost thier lives to the bottle ... especially the innocent ones on the roads.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:48 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
The headline is misleading in a way.

By saying a second student was killed it looks as if someone killed the student.

No one killed the student, he was out of control, drunk and ruined a potential NFL career and the rest of his life by making poor decisions.

But he was not killed in Panama City Florida.

* OP- Not meaning anything by it, by wording it this way it makes another city in Florida appear to be an issue when it was not the city or the state. It was a kid who just made a horrible decision.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:57 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,323,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
I think we should feel bad for him ; we have all acted that way at some point . It was a horrible tragic accident for that young man , but it does go to show how dangerous drinking can be when it impairs your senses especially with the younger partying kind. Bring back prohibition , in the name of all who have lost thier lives to the bottle ... especially the innocent ones on the roads.
Sorry, but no, that's not true. I've never done anything even close to that. To say everyone has done it is totally inaccurate and only makes those that have feel better about themselves because, hey, 'everyone has done it.'

He was almost 18, AKA a legal adult. He had the sense to not do something so stupid. Like I said, no sympathy from me. If he had simply leaned over the rail too far and lost his balance, that would have been one thing, but to be drunk as a skunk and playing games five stories or however high it was, well, that I have no tolerance for.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
The headline is misleading in a way.

By saying a second student was killed it looks as if someone killed the student.

No one killed the student, he was out of control, drunk and ruined a potential NFL career and the rest of his life by making poor decisions.

But he was not killed in Panama City Florida.

* OP- Not meaning anything by it, by wording it this way it makes another city in Florida appear to be an issue when it was not the city or the state. It was a kid who just made a horrible decision.
With all due respect the city promotes and profits off it. Under normal circumstances a hotel would throw out people carrying on like that but except during spring break when they bleed them for a many dollars as they can. There are no innocent parties here, everyone is at fault all just to make a few dollars.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:37 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
Do they still film that show there? I cant remember what it was called but it was similar to 'COPS'.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:29 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Let panama city have their 1 week of fame for the year, what else does that city have?

Ive wound up in jail, ive been in fights and ive managed to do plenty of stupid things.. but somehow i've always managed to be smart enough to not fall off of balconies. natural selection

Old 04-06-2010, 12:20 AM

1 posts, read 3,528 times
I think every single person on here who has some stupid **** to say about not feeling bad for the kid or making rude jokes about how "i've always been smart enough to not fall off balconies" shouldn't be commenting the first place. What the hell are you saying? This kid was 17 years old, I don't think it's your place to be talking bad about someone who just died. Don't we all make mistakes? Let's not go out on a website and relay all the details of how irresponsible kids can be. Yeah, we get that, big deal. Hey news flash, EVERYONE makes mistakes. I understand he was under the influence of alcohol, and his choices could have been better. But were you at the ****ing party? Do you know what happened? Leave it alone, your not perfect, no one is. Don't come on here and talk **** about a 17 year old kid that died in a terrible tragedy like this. What the hell would you think if that was your kid? You wouldn't want to come on here as a parent and read was some stupid ****ing people have to say about your child would you? Hey guess what else? **** happens! Obviously we already know the faults of the kid, you have explained them quite well, so thank you for that. But I dont think you see the point here...HE JUST DIED FALLING OFF A BALCONY. You people are so bitter, you could sit here all day and write back and forth about how he did this or that wrong. Oh let me guess, you have never gone over the speeding limit and put yourself at risk for a car accident? You have never drank and done something stupid? You have never been young and made poor decisions that you think twice about now? And you never think about the situations that COULD HAVE gone wrong? Oh no I forgot, you all know what the hell is best for yourselves right? And most certainly would never do anything like that huh? God I must be stupid or something. Grow the hell up, it makes me sick listening to the people on here that have nothing good to say, or have absolutely no sympathy for the kid because he made a poor decision. Don't talk about what he could have been with football and in life, we all ****ing know that already. Your pointing out things that half a brain cell could, I think you should think twice about what you say, because you could die tomorrow in the ****ing street crossing the damn road. Here's a thought, rip on something else that matters, like how there's plenty of killers in the world who are getting off innocent, not a kid who made a MISTAKE. Grow up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida