Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2010, 07:38 AM

123 posts, read 553,369 times

Advertisements

I need to get my wedding dress length altered- probably not the rest of it because it fits fine.
Are there any places or people that any of you have experienced? I am looking for someone that will do a good job and take care of my dress because of course, it's the only one I have! I am so worried I am going to get it back and it will be crooked or stained or something.

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 02:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,950 times
Hi,, I am looking for the same thing. Someone told me about a place at the end of the street where the Santa Rosa Mall is. I forgot the name,, something like Nun's or Noan's. I wish I could remember. I am going to drive down there and look for it. If you should find it first, can you let me know here? Thanks

Old 08-14-2010, 07:29 AM

123 posts, read 553,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytink44 View Post
Hi,, I am looking for the same thing. Someone told me about a place at the end of the street where the Santa Rosa Mall is. I forgot the name,, something like Nun's or Noan's. I wish I could remember. I am going to drive down there and look for it. If you should find it first, can you let me know here? Thanks
Hi there!
I brought mine to Joy Alterations in Shalimar. It was recommended by Bea Chelles- A bridal shop in FWB. Overall I am pleased with her work. She did a great job on the alterations but somehow the bottom of my dress got dirty. I suggested maybe it was from her floor when I tried it on but she insisted is must have been that way when I brought it in and we never noticed. Impossible because we had to look closely at the hem when I tried it on for her to take measurements- we would have noticed it. Anywho- she offered to clean it and I am currently waiting for that to be done.

To give you an idea of the costs- I had "boobie-padding" (not sure what it's really called!) sewn into the top so I do not have to wear a bra, had the top taken in an inch or so, had the hem taken in an inch or so, and had a 3 point bustle put in. The total was $160.00.

I am interested to hear what you do and how it turns out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida