Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 09:52 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
The fish filet at McDonald's is one of the worst choices. It is very high in grease. If you check the calories I think you will see how high it is. The only thing I go to McDonald's for now is perhaps their egg McMuffin, coffee or the hot fudge sundae.
Oh no! high caloric fatty food at Micky D's who would have thunk it!

I just like the good old Heart Attack Mac with the special sauce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 10:14 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Oh no! high caloric fatty food at Micky D's who would have thunk it!

I just like the good old Heart Attack Mac with the special sauce.
Yeah, but you don't just get one, do ya?

Old 01-21-2011, 10:22 AM

3,295 posts, read 7,017,674 times
I like the fish fillet once in a while and it's my favourite item, although it's kind of small in size. I don't eat at McDonald's that much anyways.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:30 AM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times
I was never into fast food very much, probably because my mom, wisely, did not allow us to eat it when I was growing up. I cook almost everything from scratch at home. It's so much more healthful than fast food, or any restaurant food for that matter. HOWEVER, once in a while I get a craving for KFC original recipe or a Burger King original chicken sandwich and fries, and NOTHING stands in my way of pigging out on those. I only go to each of those places about twice a year, though. If I'm on my way home from work and it's late and I'm hungry and know I don't have anything in the house that will cook up quickly, I'll stop at Taco Bell on my way and get a couple of regular tacos. As you all know, they're not at all authentic Mexican fare, but once in a while they hit the spot for me!

Old 01-21-2011, 10:39 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
I was never into fast food very much, probably because my mom, wisely, did not allow us to eat it when I was growing up. I cook almost everything from scratch at home. It's so much more healthful than fast food, or any restaurant food for that matter. HOWEVER, once in a while I get a craving for KFC original recipe or a Burger King original chicken sandwich and fries, and NOTHING stands in my way of pigging out on those. I only go to each of those places about twice a year, though. If I'm on my way home from work and it's late and I'm hungry and know I don't have anything in the house that will cook up quickly, I'll stop at Taco Bell on my way and get a couple of regular tacos. As you all know, they're not at all authentic Mexican fare, but once in a while they hit the spot for me!
Good Lord, this post ^^^^ got my pulse goin'!

Old 01-21-2011, 10:49 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,425,270 times
I worked in a TB moons ago when I came home Mom would always ask me how my work pants were so dirty.
You have not felt pain untill you have 190 degree re-fried beans plasterd to the palm of your hand.
It sticks there like molten plastic and your first instict is to wipe it on your pants.
It happins alot especially when someone wants a crunchy taco with beans no meat.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:01 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
When I was a teen, I loved the stuff.
Now, not so much!
I think our tastes change with age/maturity.
I enjoy made-from-scratch items a gazillion times more than anything served in a fast food restaurant.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:05 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
I was never into fast food very much, probably because my mom, wisely, did not allow us to eat it when I was growing up. I cook almost everything from scratch at home. It's so much more healthful than fast food, or any restaurant food for that matter.
I had the opposite reaction! Fast food was/is the delicious forbidden fruit.

Mom cooks a lot from scratch, as do I, heck I even make my own chicken stock, but I've never lost my love of that delicious deep-fried "fruit."

DH and I both prefer home cooked meals to most restaurant food (I can make food so much better quality and lower calorie than say a Chili's) but also both consider a fast food burger a treat. From this thread, it seems we're weird. Like I didn't know THAT already?!

Old 01-21-2011, 11:07 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Fast food is a treat that I occasionally allow myself, and it tastes as good now as it did 50 years ago.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:22 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,941,622 times
Our lives were so hectic and I was sick for a while, so we had a lot of fast food and takeout when dh didn't feel like cooking.

For about 3 weeks though, I've been cooking from home again - good stuff, full of butter and garlic! Dh and the kids have dropped weight in an obvious way already!

We've been tempted in those weeks to fall back on our 'old standard' (McD's) but since no one seemed happy about it, I just had dh whip up grilled cheese and freezer fries. It satisfied us all - and although I never thought I'd say this - I didn't miss McD's fries at all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink